Anyone who is or was into psychology ?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ManDss

Reaction score
Long years ago I wanted to become a psychologist, I had a romantic idea about that, and I was very obsessed about it. I tried first in one university, I got in and I quitted the first year, then I tried in another university and did 2 years, quitted again.

In my country psychoanalysis been still was in vogue, so I read a lot about it, anyone also read Freud and other psychoanalysist ? I mean the actual texts, not just about them.

I liked it at the time, now I dont care anymore, sometimes I feel Ill like to grab a text again and read it having a more crytical view, but sometimes I feel Ill be just wasting time.

But I still feel I would like to talk with people who is or was into all that. To me, have read all that and know about it, makes me feel that when I talk with someone who hasnt read about it something is missing to make a boundary.

I used to be interested in one domain of psychology, to be more precise in Carl Jung and the subconscious mind.

I was very interested in psychology when I was younger. I even used to experiment on people. Just doing or saying certain things to see how they would react.

I was very interested in psychology when I was younger. I even used to experiment on people. Just doing or saying certain things to see how they would react.
Do you want to share any of the conclusions of those experiments perhaps? Or just observations

Do you want to share any of the conclusions of those experiments perhaps? Or just observations
It's nothing that grand or complicated.

One time, I wanted to create a lie and see how many of my friends I could get to believe me.

So, long story short, I managed to get all my friends to believe me by just acting like I did not care if they believed me or not.

I lied about creating an online show and used my extensive knowledge of behind the scenes details to sell the lie well.

So yeah, young me learned a lesson that day.

I was also interested in psychology. I took a few classes and that was that. But, I did spend some time with a few psychologist as a patient. They got tired of me trying to figure out the direction they were going and kept telling me to just follow their lead. Ha! ha! That was tough for me to do. I wanted to know what their game plan was.

I got tired of them trying to transfer my anger and problems onto my parents. Shifting blame usually gives relief to patients. It's some times better to blame a dead person instead of internalizing things. I loved and liked my dad. I didn't want to beat up my positive memories of him especially not with the foam baseball bat the psychologist handed me. Ha! ha!

Latest posts

Back