Apologies to

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Memyself

Reaction score
anyone who had negative experience due to my ”look at me” rule braking post. Standing up for myself I will always do, **** the consequences. It’s good for the soul. When a free speech grievance deteriorates into “snowflake“ hater becoming one, when conversation becomes increasingly about invalidating points with judgment with insults to follow, it had to be called out. I hope it was a teachable moment how some become what they hate. Look inward. Again, sorry for the outburst, this is my last look at me post.

So what you really mean to say is "sorry, not sorry"? Because that's how it comes out. And honestly, this is no better than your last one. Your insults are just more vague instead of blatant.

Better to lay down the sword and reach out your hand instead. ❤️ Better for all of us to do

So what you really mean to say is "sorry, not sorry"? Because that's how it comes out. And honestly, this is no better than your last one. Your insults are just more vague instead of blatant.
Exactly right. I am sorry for new people thinking it’s all drama. Free speech turned on its head was delicious. At no point have I insulted anyone in the closed thread. If interested point out where that happened, I will apologize for that.

Fairly certain calling someone a coward while you are calling them out is considered an insult in most societal circles. And "A self professed free speech bullshit artist" isn't exactly not insulting.

You are responsible for your reactions to people here. If you fall into the drama fest, that's on you. But sinking to that level yourself makes you no better than them.

Fairly certain calling someone a coward while you are calling them out is considered an insult in most societal circles. And "A self professed free speech bullshit artist" isn't exactly not insulting.

You are responsible for your reactions to people here. If you fall into the drama fest, that's on you. But sinking to that level yourself makes you no better than them.
That was not in the “free speech“ thread. Closing the thread was hit and run - cowardly. Whining about censorship and free speech ending with “free speech for me but no for thee” was hypocritical. Saying I give whole gender bad name was outrageously insulting. So, I spoke up in a separate post, broke the rules and apologized the these who will accept it. I will not apologize for writing it, just to those who were uncomfortable. I was interested to learn specifics, learned nothing and it all boiled down to long winded generalizations, nitpicking and grievances. I appreciate you trying to challenge me to be a bigger person, not this time. I thank you for your time.

That was not in the “free speech“ thread. Closing the thread was hit and run - cowardly. Whining about censorship and free speech ending with “free speech for me but no for thee” was hypocritical. Saying I give whole gender bad name was outrageously insulting. So, I spoke up in a separate post, broke the rules and apologized the these who will accept it. I will not apologize for writing it, just to those who were uncomfortable. I was interested to learn specifics, learned nothing and it all boiled down to long winded generalizations, nitpicking and grievances. I appreciate you trying to challenge me to be a bigger person, not this time. I thank you for your time.

It is EXTREMELY unlikely that the OP closed the thread. The mods likely did that. I can't see any reason why he would back down from him stance any more than you were planning to. As for the editing of the post, are you entirely sure he didn't just ADD to the post? What gives you the assumption that he took something away? I've had many dealings with the person in question, from the first time he was here to this time. He doesn't back down, he doesn't take away from his posts, so stop making assumptions about that, because I'm 99.9% sure that he had nothing to do with that thread being closed aside from the conversation between the two of you in it.
Do you honestly think what you said in that thread wasn't insulting?

I've been on this forum a long time and that is exactly the kind of thread the mods close.

For these who care, here is the screenshot of the conclusion or the thread. I was about to abandon discussion since I couldn’t get to the bottom of his complaining. This topic interests me, so I stuck around more than I should have. If he didn’t end up biting his own tail regarding silencing, it would just have died on its own. What is OP? If I am causing trouble, I will gladly disengage.89D5A9D2-D3A5-46DB-87CD-5D8F06B07ACD.png

...why are you so angry? Doesn't it gnaw at you?
I understand what you mean, where you're coming from, but I'm reminded of Don Quixote fighting the windmills. The only damage right now being inflicted is going to be on yourself. If someone thinks a certain way, even if it's subjectively thought of as wrong, badgering them into a submission that will not come will only fuel your own outrage, not actually accomplish anything, like enlightening them.
I've said so before, I'll say it again; this place isn't twitter, this is not a war. It's a place for people who feel lonely or depressed to try and alleviate that. To me, either side of the argument, when argument there is, totally misses the point...
By the way, screenshotting names could still be considered caling out members. This might get closed too. I'd suggest reading the forum guidelines.

You know, seeing this kind of thing really shows me what I was like when I first came here. So, I'm just going to sincerely apologize about how I treated people. I was angry and a ***** and honestly, just out to get anyone because I didn't want to face myself or what was going on in my life.
I don't apologize for being blunt, because we all know that hasn't changed, but I'm sorry for the insults and "attacks."

My life is so much better since I let go of all that and I truly hope the rest of you can get there too.

Not sure if discussing this further has any value. I thought about leaving, but I can just be content to reading others point of view without expressing my opinion. I might still leave if this forum ends up consuming me more than I want. I am writing this to say I was not angry. I felt a need to expose someone who likes running the table on and on and on for who they are. I had a false assumption that someone who claims how others are snowflakes and easily offended, wouldn’t end with with a whimper and bruised ego. I wasted my bad eyesight, just to see endless quoting that pushed conversation further off track. Most have not read or care about the conversation, so it’s a mute point trying to wrap it up here. At the end, not only that free speech rah rah ended as poetic justice, it inexplicably ended in misogyny. Just couldn’t let my thoughts endlessly float in my head, I had to be me.

Latest posts

Back