Are fat people allowed to have standards?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ugly is completely subjective. Everyone is beautiful to someone, and everyone is beautiful in their own way. If you date with low standards and low self-worth you'll get ugly results.
Hmm I agree! I think its sad to have to feel so worthless that anything will do

Rubbish.
It's still their body even if it isn't someone else's cup of tea, so of course they have a say in it.

🤔 That the dating pool is so shallow it tries to tell them that they don't have a say in it, makes me think it should be called the dating puddle instead. 🤔

Rubbish.
It's still their body even if it isn't someone else's cup of tea, so of course they have a say in it.

🤔 That the dating pool is so shallow it tries to tell them that they don't have a say in it, makes me think it should be called the dating puddle instead. 🤔
Its late across the pond ya know pleaseee dont make me laugh, I agree!!! i couldnt believe this was a thing but my own brother thinks like this!!! And he is a “nice guy” shocking…

Its late across the pond ya know pleaseee dont make me laugh, I agree!!! i couldnt believe this was a thing but my own brother thinks like this!!! And he is a “nice guy” shocking…

It doesn't matter that much to me. 🤷‍♂️
I've dated both plus size women and thinner women.
I found them both equally attractive enough physically.

People be standing in the puddle not knowing how the laws of attraction work and then wonder why I don't come swim with them.
:grimace:🤷‍♂️😂

It doesn't matter that much to me. 🤷‍♂️
I've dated both plus size women and thinner women.
I found them both equally attractive enough physically.

People be standing in the puddle not knowing how the laws of attraction work and then wonder why I don't come swim with them.
:grimace:🤷‍♂️😂
Honestly I couldnt say the same as I have strict standards, however, if for example i wanted a mr muscle… I wouldnt then treat a larger guy like crap and expect him to be cool with it because he’s large and should be happy to have anyone…sounds kinda… abusive

Honestly I couldnt say the same as I have strict standards, however, if for example i wanted a mr muscle… I wouldnt then treat a larger guy like crap and expect him to be cool with it because he’s large and should be happy to have anyone…sounds kinda… abusive

I'm 5'10 and weigh 154 lbs with a BMI of 22. I get honeysuckle sometimes from people just for being an average dude. 🤷‍♂️😂 My point is, these days everyone's got something to complain about. My only complaint is that I don't have any weed right now. 🥴😂

I'm 5'10 and weigh 154 lbs with a BMI of 22. I get honeysuckle sometimes from people just for being an average dude. 🤷‍♂️😂 My point is, these days everyone's got something to complain about. My only complaint is that I don't have any weed right now. 🥴😂
Lool im gonna use them numbers for my lotto i hope ya dont mind, and omg you smoke weed?!?! You’re bad 😅😮‍💨

Undesirable people, myself included, are definitely allowed to have standards, I certainly do, and they are definitely allowed to be alone, like me, because of it. BTW, with my research, women tend to favor overweight men vs underweight men for a variety of reasons. A big one is that many women want a guy that is bigger / heavier then they are due to insecurities about their own weight / body.

Chubby chasers are a definitely a thing but it doesn't seem like this would be all that common though. What data are you referring to? Preferences? Sure, just don't be a hypocrite and demand what you aren't. Considering how obese some people are it isn't reasonable to expect everyone should be able to look past it. Some bodies just appear too unhealthy, too beyond the range of what we're hardwired to be turned on by for that to be an easy choice. There's also practical reasons to avoid pairing up with someone with serious health issues on the horizon.

Last edited:
Chubby chasers are a definitely a thing but I've never seen instances of women with a fetish for fat guys. It's more like they're willing to tolerate it or don't have high physical preferences.

It doesn't seem like this would be all that common though. What data are you referring to? And considering just how obese some people are it isn't reasonable to expect everyone should be able to look past it. In many cases you may as well be telling people to ignore orientation and date someone the wrong gender. Some bodies just appear too unhealthy, too beyond the range of what we're hardwired to be turned on by for that to be an easy choice. There's also practical reasons to avoid pairing up with someone who may have serious health issues in the near future.
Saw a few in dating websites. It's definitely a thing. Not one I was aware of, but still. There's something for everything down on this here ball of mud.

omg you smoke weed?!?! You’re bad 😅😮‍💨

I played heavy metal for 17 years, of course I'm bad. :cool: 😂
My hair is still half way down my back in length.
Haven't touched my bass in 3 or 4 years though. :(
Band broke up, and I got old. 😅
I need to buy an amp again. 🤔
But yeah. 🤷‍♂️😅

Undesirable people, myself included, are definitely allowed to have standards, I certainly do, and they are definitely allowed to be alone, like me, because of it. BTW, with my research, women tend to favor overweight men vs underweight men for a variety of reasons. A big one is that many women want a guy that is bigger / heavier then they are due to insecurities about their own weight / body.
Oooh I have never heard of this!! Deep diving on a Thursday for me, I love that psychology element behind it honestly.

Chubby chasers are a definitely a thing but it doesn't seem like this would be all that common though. What data are you referring to? Preferences? Sure, just don't be a hypocrite and demand what you aren't. Considering how obese some people are it isn't reasonable to expect everyone should be able to look past it. Some bodies just appear too unhealthy, too beyond the range of what we're hardwired to be turned on by for that to be an easy choice. There's also practical reasons to avoid pairing up with someone with serious health issues on the horizon.

Well no, it all started on the dark side of Youtube, I dont know why I do it to myself, but they were implying if you are overweight you shouldn't even be allowed to have standards or preferences... I think if someone has a preference for a slimmer woman so be it... however, why cant larger people have a preference without being deemed demanding or unrealistic? Hmm idk, just seems harsh.

I played heavy metal for 17 years, of course I'm bad. :cool: 😂
My hair is still half way down my back in length.
Haven't touched my bass in 3 or 4 years though. :(
Band broke up, and I got old. 😅
I need to buy an amp again. 🤔
But yeah. 🤷‍♂️😅
Ahh you are one of them rock lads my mother warned me about lool

Everyone has a right to want what they want or be attracted to who they are attracted to. The problem, I think, comes when people have standards that are niche. If you want something that is rare, you are going to have a MUCH harder time finding that someone, regardless whether you are a certain race, a certain height, a certain weight or whatever.
This is where I suggest expanding their options. NOT lowering their standards or completely changing them, but how do you really know that what you think is your "type" actually isn't your type and that is why you are having trouble dating or staying in a relationship. You never know who you will fall in love with, so what's the harm in going outside that "type." Worst case scenario, maybe you make some it seems that if you are overweight the expectation is you are supposed to take what you can get and have little to no standards… do you think thats accurate ? Harsh but true? Or ridiculous, why should weight have anything to do with it?

So my research has led me to an interesting area… overweight people in the dating scene.. it seems that if you are overweight the expectation is you are supposed to take what you can get and have little to no standards… do you think thats accurate ? Harsh but true? Or ridiculous, why should weight have anything to do with it?
I think these expectations that overweight people should have little to no standards and should take what they can get are expectations of the ignorant and shallow. Not everyone has those expectations of overweight people as evidenced by these replies. In the end, we all lose our looks and our bodies change. A good heart and a compatible, loving, trustworthy person that will always have your back is hard to find. When you are looking for a pearl, you don't get caught up with the shells. I like your hair. Very pretty.

I think these expectations that overweight people should have little to no standards and should take what they can get are expectations of the ignorant and shallow. Not everyone has those expectations of overweight people as evidenced by these replies. In the end, we all lose our looks and our bodies change. A good heart and a compatible, loving, trustworthy person that will always have your back is hard to find. When you are looking for a pearl, you don't get caught up with the shells. I like your hair. Very pretty.
Ugh I loveeeee this response so romantic soooo mature soooo deep and in tune with what matters in this world

In the end, we all lose our looks and our bodies change. A good heart and a compatible, loving, trustworthy person that will always have your back is hard to find.
Yeah, I'm staying in shape. I eat healthy and watch my weight. I don't smoke or take any drugs. I only drink water. I have all my hair and it's not greying yet. Although I have many scars, my skin is in good shape and wrinkle free. As all the other old dudes appearances are going down hill fast I just keep looking better and better compared to them. I just hope I don't have to wait till age 85 before I become highly desirable. Something about an 80 - 90 year women just doesn't sound appealing to me. Ha! Ha!

Maybe be more clear on what you mean by standards.

Obese people have as much right to appearance preferences as anyone, but the problem arises if they demand slimmer, more conventionally attractive people be attracted to them, particularly when they wouldn't date themselves. However, nobody should be expected to date a deadbeat or someone they just aren't compatible with because "that's all they can get", that's pretty messed up.

Last edited:
nope, they aren't allowed to have standards. that's just weird. It's not like they are also people or anything. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back