Are there any weird smells that you actually like?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lemonbalm

Reaction score
Do you find yourself enjoying any weird smells? I'm not talking about the kind of smells that most people enjoy, like freshly baked bread or newly mown grass - I mean stuff that smells a bit strange, but for some reason you quite like it. I'll give you an example - I really like the smell of new carpet! Whenever I have a new carpet fitted, I really enjoy how it smells, and I feel sad when the new smell eventually fades.

Does anyone else out there have a weird nose, or is it just me? 👃:)

There is this weird ass smell that has been aggressively assaulting me lately...nor brussel sprouts but almost...shuts me down like hard-core. Probably not what you meant

Old car exhaust. I don't mean like a car that's broken, I mean like classic cars. I know it's pollution but it smells nice in its own way.
Yes, I like that smell too! It reminds me of my Granddad's car when I was a kid, an old Austin Cambridge (UK car).

Oh, it really came down to my master mechanic father never fixing our vehicles ...same as I never bake bre6

When I was a kid, there were some weeds growing around the edge of our school playground. I don't know what the weeds were called, but us kids used to call them 'stink weeds' as they had quite a pungent smell, that none of us liked. The leaves of French Marigolds have a similar sort of smell, and I rather like it now - I suppose because it reminds me of being a kid.

Kind of on the same subject. There is this smell I'll occasionally, I dunno, smell in my head? I can't place it, but I know it's somehow related to my childhood. It's like a song you can't remember and drives you mad, but in the olfactory sense. This may just be a me thing, which would fit.

Kind of on the same subject. There is this smell I'll occasionally, I dunno, smell in my head? I can't place it, but I know it's somehow related to my childhood. It's like a song you can't remember and drives you mad, but in the olfactory sense. This may just be a me thing, which would fit.
It's amazing how smells can take you back, isn't it? Occasionally I'll smell quite a sickly perfume on someone passing, and it takes me straight back to nursery school. I think one of the teachers there must have worn the same perfume. I don't actually like the perfume very much, but I like the memories it brings back. :)

F
Do you find yourself enjoying any weird smells? I'm not talking about the kind of smells that most people enjoy, like freshly baked bread or newly mown grass - I mean stuff that smells a bit strange, but for some reason you quite like it. I'll give you an example - I really like the smell of new carpet! Whenever I have a new carpet fitted, I really enjoy how it smells, and I feel sad when the new smell eventually fades.

Does anyone else out there have a weird nose, or is it just me? 👃:)
Floor polish and cough medicine

Latest posts

Back