Are there any weird smells that you actually like?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Skunks, dirt/mud/clay, burning leaves wet and dry, sage, garlic on my fingers after I cut it

This will no doubt sound very weird, but I've always rather enjoyed the quintessential countryside smell of horse manure spread on fields.

I recall picking a person up at an airport a few miles out of town. Some guy got off the plane, took a deep breath and says "Ah, fresh air!"
I have no idea where he was coming from but all I smelled was a strong sent of fresh cow manure from the herds surrounding the airport.

Appenzell, Switzerland. Friends and I, went there as its famous for the Appenzella Apertif. Bordered by farms and pasture.. lots of pig farms, they wash down and keep the manure, then in some part of the season they ALL, spray it on the developing pasture, the aroma is an experience, I was there for this archaic moment, and all I could think of was; can we go now?
Nostalgia for me, not entirely admirable.

You know when you have a Band-Aid (or whatever you call it in your country) on your finger that has a little pus filled wound and it has that unique smell? Well, that. I have a habit of re-smelling it for some reason.

Latest posts

Back