Are there any weird smells that you actually like?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cow manure! Not the liquid manure that sometimes gets sprayed on fields - that stuff stinks as it’s often mixed with other waste. Nope - it’s just the plain ol’ poop straight from the cow stuff that I love the smell of - it’s rich and earthy and reminds me of simple times and quiet, country living. 😊

For me it's petrol too, garden and woodland soil, garlic and onion, horseradish, boiled brussel sprouts, some rotten fruits and plant matter, floor and furniture polishes (like Pronto Wood, I think), Roman Catholic incense, freshly ironed cotton clothing, moist dusty air after sudden rain in hot weather, peat and swamps. It seems like I like smell of any rotten organic matter as long it's not of animal origin. Doesn't it really seem strange?

Last edited:
Old books. Crack open an old book sitting on a dusty shelf in a library. I like that smell.

Another smell is the shampoo or body wash of my first gf. Years and years will pass, and then I will be in a store when somebody walks by with that smell, and it triggers my memory. That was loooooong ago, so I have absolutely no feelings for her. But I do have feelings for that nostalgia and sense of innocence that we all had when we were young. That's what that smell brings me back to.

Another smell is the shampoo or body wash of my first gf. Years and years will pass, and then I will be in a store when somebody walks by with that smell, and it triggers my memory. That was loooooong ago, so I have absolutely no feelings for her.
I get this with Rive Gauche perfume, it's what my very first gf wore. I treated her awfully and every time it triggers immense feelings of guilt.

My dog's ears, they smell of popcorn. I'm also obsessed with Detol, the antibacterial spray; This preceded the pandemonium of the pandemic.

When im about to shower sometimes i put my hand between my leg and balls and i like to smell the sweat. It smells kinda sour lol.

This will no doubt sound very weird, but I've always rather enjoyed the quintessential countryside smell of horse manure spread on fields.

Damp, concrete garages can sometimes have a smell that I can't keep away from. I never understood it, but a few of my relatives lived in condos with large shared garages and a few of them had this indescribable odor that I tried to smell as much as I could. It was fantastic.

I also used to enjoy the smell of gasoline, but I appear to have grown out of that one, probably for the better.

Gasoline, definitley.
Markers.
Cigarette smoke, I don't smoke myself.
The smell of a freshly cut lawn.

I like the smell of petrol stations and new magazines. Um, there's a perfume I like that transports me back in time in February 2001, when I was in Manhattan on an international field trip. I couldn't wear if after 9/11 though.

I like the smell of petrol stations and new magazines. Um, there's a perfume I like that transports me back in time in February 2001, when I was in Manhattan on an international field trip. I couldn't wear if after 9/11 though.
^ Ha! ha! I remember seeing women in the office rubbing those perfume coated magazine samples on their arms and asking how they smelled. I like perfume, just not on me.

There has been some interest in coming out with using scents when surfing the Internet. You receive a friendly email from your besty and it smells wonderful. You receive one from me and it smells like a skunk. Ha! ha! What do you think about that?

https://computer.howstuffworks.com/internet-odor.htm

Latest posts

Back