Are there any weird smells that you actually like?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^ Ha! ha! I remember seeing women in the office rubbing those perfume coated magazine samples on their arms and asking how they smelled. I like perfume, just not on me.

There has been some interest in coming out with using scents when surfing the Internet. You receive a friendly email from your besty and it smells wonderful. You receive one from me and it smells like a skunk. Ha! ha! What do you think about that?

https://computer.howstuffworks.com/internet-odor.htm
That’s just freaky. What’s next, develop my idea of choking people though an app?

You'd love the smell that comes from opening up a well used transmission then.
Are we talking about the good old Ford C3 or C4, the A4LD never did it for me. Now, if I could get a Borg Warner with a shot of ZF, and maybe a high stall... 😆

Hot blacktop (not roofing tar) in the summer reminds me of trips to Six Flags Over Texas. Diesel exhaust brings back memories of going with my dad on over the road long haul semi truck rides to other states when I was little. I like the smell of moth balls (no not 🦋 kinds) but found out the hard way they are deadly (read the instructions & warnings label!)

opening a new vinyl lp

I'm not sure if this applies here, but cold air. There's just a crispness/freshness about it that regular, not cold air doesn't have.
Certainly the outside air in the winter, but especially freezers.
I love the smell of the cold, stale air in an arena. To me, it's invigorating. I spent my life in arenas until around age 30.
It's almost the same smell in walk-in industrial freezers.

Compost, wild mushrooms, rosemary, garlic, fresh and fried onion, smoked fish, olive, sesame and rapeseed oils, fermented vegetables.

Pine tree forest aroma.....the pitchy sap in the tree bark, the green needles. It reminds me of happy mountain holidays when I was a boy.
And citrus tree aroma.....orange and grapefruit, the fragrance of the foliage and the flowers too. It reminds me of happy holidays at my grandmother's house in Arizona a long time ago.

Auto body putty and fiberglass resin. Gasoline. Gear oil. Drilling/cutting hardwood.

Latest posts

Back