Are you a DAY or NIGHT person?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both. It's complicated.
My sleep schedule is entirely dependent on my work schedule, and my work schedule is inconsistent because I'm in assistant management and have to have open availability to maintain adherence to the bar of standard. The exception to that of course is that if I get another job, provided it doesn't conflict with my hours at my current job, my boss will be willing to give me a fixed, block schedule. But otherwise, someone calls out, I've gotta make calls, if there's a technical problem, I've gotta go up there, if there's a security issue, I've gotta go up there. etc.

But on a personal level, I'm a night person.
I always have been. It's more peaceful at night, it's quieter, I can think clearer and do my leisurely stuff better at night.

So my days are about me being a responsible adult, and my nights are about me subjectively as a creative mind trying to reflect on the day, decompress and relax.

I really only sleep for about 5 hours a night.
Unless it's oddball weeks with schedules, or some dumb thing/s that jam up some of my time for being responsible during the day, then I just don't sleep at all, and sleep when I get home from work.
I imagine that's extremely inconvenient for you to have your sleep schedule revolve around work.. I commend you on that. I'd be so grumpy & grouchy in that situation..

I usually get 6/7 hours a night if I'm lucky.. sometimes I just have too much on my mind to wind down. the 4 hour sleep days are the worst though. 😡

I imagine that's extremely inconvenient for you to have your sleep schedule revolve around work.. I commend you on that. I'd be so grumpy & grouchy in that situation..

I usually get 6/7 hours a night if I'm lucky.. sometimes I just have too much on my mind to wind down. the 4 hour sleep days are the worst though. 😡

I'm used to it. I've been this way for like 14 years.

Even back when I was a teen before I could legally work I had pretty severe insomnia problems.

They've thankfully dwindled down quite a bit in my adult life.

Admittedly wasn't fond of it at first, but you know, it's better than physical pain from lack of rest.

I'm used to it. I've been this way for like 14 years.

Even back when I was a teen before I could legally work I had pretty severe insomnia problems.

They've thankfully dwindled down quite a bit in my adult life.

Admittedly wasn't fond of it at first, but you know, it's better than physical pain from lack of rest.
well, kudos to you... I'd be a grumpy grouch. :ROFLMAO:
Not that I'm not most of the time regardless anyway. :/

well, kudos to you... I'd be a grumpy grouch. :ROFLMAO:
Not that I'm not most of the time regardless anyway. :/

Feeling has weight to it, I am 34 years old, and what I have learned between the age of 24 and 34 is the value of 10 years. The way that we feel effects basically everything about our daily lives, from the subtle aspects of it to the obvious. If something is weighing me down, it will physically weigh me down, body posture and so on. So, after I turned 26 and physically peaked while working a highly physical job, I realized that I had to begin better emotional compartmentalization and zeroing myself out sometimes because much to my dismay, I've still gotta get up and go to work in the morning.
😩✊😔
😂😂😂

Feeling has weight to it, I am 34 years old, and what I have learned between the age of 24 and 34 is the value of 10 years. The way that we feel effects basically everything about our daily lives, from the subtle aspects of it to the obvious. If something is weighing me down, it will physically weigh me down, body posture and so on. So, after I turned 26 and physically peaked while working a highly physical job, I realized that I had to begin better emotional compartmentalization and zeroing myself out sometimes because much to my dismay, I've still gotta get up and go to work in the morning.
😩✊😔
😂😂😂
healthy body = healthy mind, yes, it's all interconnected. If you're not well mentally - it will show physically. Just the nature of being a human in the human realm , lol.

If you run yourself ragged in your daily life consistently it will show...and the health will take a nose dive into oblivion.. try and sleep alittle more! if you can :)

Every bit counts.

But it's good you're aware of these things. Most people nowadays are just mindless ;)

healthy body = healthy mind, yes, it's all interconnected. If you're not well mentally - it will show physically. Just the nature of being a human in the human realm , lol.

If you run yourself ragged in your daily life consistently it will show...and the health will take a nose dive into oblivion.. try and sleep alittle more! if you can :)

Every bit counts.

But it's good you're aware of these things. Most people nowadays are just mindless ;)

It's a bit of a juggling act. 🤷‍♂️😂
I'm getting better at managing it.

I've been both...

Mostly throughout my entire life, I've been the night person. Whether that is because I chose to be or because I was on someone else's schedule who worked nights.

I gotta say, I always preferred the night - I felt like I might "miss" something if I was sleeping... haha silly, but nonetheless true.

Then when I got on a day schedule, I enjoyed not having sleep issues. When you have that routine of being awake in the day, you don't worry about not being able to sleep because you're just laying down when the sun is rising.

The older I get, I think I *almost prefer the day just for the convenience of easy-sleeping.... but old habits die do hard - and I can't let go of being the night-owl. What say you? Night or Day? :cool:
I'm definitely the same way,no matter how hard I try to get to bed early,I continue to be a night owl.

I agree with that weirdos part. When i am outside they look for me and find me with ease, so while walking when it's dark/late i'm already worn out from looking around and watching everything. Even before on a walk some guy just bellowed some random honeysuckle and i had no clue what he even said (he was alone and not on a phone).
I see that sometimes and then realise they have a piece in their ear, now-a-days it is harder to tell if someone is crazy or just wearing an ear piece unless you see it. Just as long as they aren't wearing a trench coat. :ROFLMAO:

I see that sometimes and then realise they have a piece in their ear, now-a-days it is harder to tell if someone is crazy or just wearing an ear piece unless you see it. Just as long as they aren't wearing a trench coat. :ROFLMAO:
I think this person was just crazy as he never said anything else while walking on the other side of the street :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: . They are like a magnet to me

I’m a night person who masquerades as a day person. It's almost 8:00 a.m. right now and I've been up since the ungodly hour of 7 - if it wasn't for my daily obligations (getting a kid off to school, work), I'd still be blissfully sleeping in my bed until 11 a.m. or so. When I'm on vacation for any good length of time, like a week or more, I naturally start reverting back to nightowl mode.

I’m a night person who masquerades as a day person. It's almost 8:00 a.m. right now and I've been up since the ungodly hour of 7 - if it wasn't for my daily obligations (getting a kid off to school, work), I'd still be blissfully sleeping in my bed until 11 a.m. or so. When I'm on vacation for any good length of time, like a week or more, I naturally start reverting back to nightowl mode.
I hear you. I've masqueraded the same way in the past. Now I'm free to be the night owl that has been engraved in my soul (y)

I've been both...

Mostly throughout my entire life, I've been the night person. Whether that is because I chose to be or because I was on someone else's schedule who worked nights.

I gotta say, I always preferred the night - I felt like I might "miss" something if I was sleeping... haha silly, but nonetheless true.

Then when I got on a day schedule, I enjoyed not having sleep issues. When you have that routine of being awake in the day, you don't worry about not being able to sleep because you're just laying down when the sun is rising.

The older I get, I think I *almost prefer the day just for the convenience of easy-sleeping.... but old habits die do hard - and I can't let go of being the night-owl. What say you? Night or Day? :cool:
I am a day person. I function better during the day, and get depressed at night.

Definitely a night person. Due to work I have to work nights from time to time, I find it so easy to transition on nights and only need around 6 hours sleep. Conversely, day shift I struggle like hell and even 8 hours sleep isn't enough, I feel so tired pretty much all the time on day shifts. Weird how that works.

Latest posts

Back