Are you one with nature?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CenotaphGirl

Under the dirt, that’s my home ⚰️
Reaction score
Do you ever wonder if you could survive being stranded on a desert island? Would you want to lead or just support the group ? Do you have any survival skills?

Oh I thought this thread was going to be about being naked. :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

Never thought about it but it would drive me batshit bonkers. I'd probably be more support as that's usually what I do, I could lead if I had to but that's not a spot I like to be in. I was a boy scout so of course I have survival skills. I'm a bit of a picky eater though so I might have some trouble there.

I would be fine and build a nice hut for myself and maybe some woman. Although I don't like to be in charge, when nobody else is in charge I will step up to the plate especially if it's something I know about. Most people do not want or can't handle being responsible for others. I would probably setup a little town and getting everything running smoothly. Then tell someone else to take over while I enjoyed my solitude.

Oh I thought this thread was going to be about being naked. :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

Never thought about it but it would drive me batshit bonkers. I'd probably be more support as that's usually what I do, I could lead if I had to but that's not a spot I like to be in. I was a boy scout so of course I have survival skills. I'm a bit of a picky eater though so I might have some trouble there.
You know I really dont make some of these titles on purpose 🙈😂 I dont know why everything I write sounds naughty I must just be bad or something 😅.

I am someone good at making a plan of action but not confident enough to lead, I’d filter my ideas in the background and hope others like them lol Boy scout no wayy lol did you get badges and everything?

I would be fine and build a nice hut for myself and maybe some woman. Although I don't like to be in charge, when nobody else is in charge I will step up to the plate especially if it's something I know about. Most people do not want or can't handle being responsible for others. I would probably setup a little town and getting everything running smoothly. Then tell someone else to take over while I enjoyed my solitude.
Thanks Finished I like that you are chivalrous enough to build my hut to… as I cannot be trusted to build my own.

I know what you mean im hoping I can learn to be a confident leader one day

I have the survival skill knowledge, pitch a tent, build a fire, hunt, fish and cook. But I don't have the most important part of it: The medical knowledge that'll keep you from dying from infections and diseases brought on by the labors of the situation, which is something that films and television don't really touch on much.

Were it not for that however, I'd take the opportunity to get some homesteading done out of what I could muster up.

Location is a huge factor though, because you know, weather conditions. Being stranded on an island in the Pacific is totally different than being stranded on an island in the Atlantic. One has hurricanes, the other potentially has volcanoes, so I mean, pick your poison. 🤷‍♂️

I have the survival skill knowledge, pitch a tent, build a fire, hunt, fish and cook. But I don't have the most important part of it: The medical knowledge that'll keep you from dying from infections and diseases brought on by the labors of the situation, which is something that films and television don't really touch on much.

Were it not for that however, I'd take the opportunity to get some homesteading done out of what I could muster up.

Location is a huge factor though, because you know, weather conditions. Being stranded on an island in the Pacific is totally different than being stranded on an island in the Atlantic. One has hurricanes, the other potentially has volcanoes, so I mean, pick your poison. 🤷‍♂️
Okay thats fair, I only have basic medical skills and knowledge from all my doctor/nurse roles lol would you prefer to be stranded with a large or small group?

Well there are bees on the island so we can use their honey to help with infections.

Okay thats fair, I only have basic medical skills and knowledge from all my doctor/nurse roles lol would you prefer to be stranded with a large or small group?

With my luck, that'd be the one time I decide to go with a large group of people and that's why I got stranded, because I stepped out of my comfort zone. lol.

I can do basic medical stuff, but I can't impromptu use herbs to treat something like an infection from a coral or a poisonous fish fin, etc.

With my luck, that'd be the one time I decide to go with a large group of people and that's why I got stranded, because I stepped out of my comfort zone. lol.

I can do basic medical stuff, but I can't impromptu use herbs to treat something like an infection from a coral or a poisonous fish fin, etc.
The trick is to avoid poisons and injury. I know this in the tropics. I know what corals and animals are dangerous.

From the age of 7 I was given the US Military Survival guide book...all 1100 pages of location, scenario, food and plant edibles, and makeshift weaponry. There's even a section for being in a nuclear bomb zone. I had to memorize that. Then at 9, I was routinely dropped in the middle of nowhere, to survive with minor amenities for 24 hours. I did not enjoy this. I never thrived. I slept cold, hungry, and thirsty, and it sucked. My father was an *******. I believe, if I had to...it's a 30/70% chance.

Please that made me laughhh 😂 I swear my luck would be the same anytime I go travelling I come back with a near death experience unless I go with a man, isnt that strange? Girl trips are tooooo dangerous.

The trick is to avoid poisons and injury. I know this in the tropics. I know what corals and animals are dangerous.
Okay okay let me test your stuff… what would you do if you knocked a hive and a swam of bees wanna beat ya up?

From the age of 7 I was given the US Military Survival guide book...all 1100 pages of location, scenario, food and plant edibles, and makeshift weaponry. There's even a section for being in a nuclear bomb zone. I had to memorize that. Then at 9, I was routinely dropped in the middle of nowhere, to survive with minor amenities for 24 hours. I did not enjoy this. I never thrived. I slept cold, hungry, and thirsty, and it sucked. My father was an *******. I believe, if I had to...it's a 30/70% chance.
That sounds bloody traumatising omg I totally read this wrong im sorry!

Did he try and bond with you over survival skills?

Please that made me laughhh 😂 I swear my luck would be the same anytime I go travelling I come back with a near death experience unless I go with a man, isnt that strange? Girl trips are tooooo dangerous.

Okay okay let me test your stuff… what would you do if you knocked a hive and a swam of bees wanna beat ya up?
I wouldn't. 😁

That actually happened to me, except I was visiting my parents in the countryside and helping them with the garden. As luck would have it, a pretty big wasp nest was hidden in a bush. After I got 3 consecutive stings, I kinda bolted and ran away until the lil buggers calmed down. Ouch lol Idk how many stings I got in the end...

Latest posts

Back