Are you Skeptical of the Afterlife?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a total Agnostic... I went to a Church Junior school, a Catholic High School, and then as an adult I was a staunch Athiest for years (I read Dawkins etc)
Nowadays I have changed my mind mainly because the thought that a man in the clouds created everything by waving a magic finger is absolutely ludicrous to me......... however........ the though that 'matter' can simply materialise or that some sort of 'big bang' created everything, is EQUALLY ludicrous to me, therefore I am now completely open and easy to whatever may or not be out there and subsequently what may or may not be after our time on this planet..??

knowing how much you hate Christian views
No, I don't hate Christianity at all. After all,I actually donate money at least once a year to a Christian-charity to support all the charitable work they do. Instead, what I oppose against are those Christians who practice religious bigotry. Namely, those bigots who attack Buddhism, Islam, etc. That kind of bigotry only leads to hostile debate which is what this forum avoids.

Although many people seem to take for granted that there is an Afterlife, but how do we know it's real? There might be No afterlife at all.
There are people who claim to have a spiritual experience in which their spirits visited an Afterlife. But scientists explain it away as just a dream or hallucination. After all, the experience can not be scientifically validated.
Many people take for granted that there is an Afterlife--but that's because of how those people were taught to believe by their parents. But when people become adults, they have the freedom to question and choose their own path. At that point, they begin to question and decide on their own. So I wonder if any of you have questioned and changed your attitudes. If there is an Afterlife--can it be proven?
I am not skeptical of the afterlife.

Although many people seem to take for granted that there is an Afterlife, but how do we know it's real? There might be No afterlife at all.
There are people who claim to have a spiritual experience in which their spirits visited an Afterlife. But scientists explain it away as just a dream or hallucination. After all, the experience can not be scientifically validated.
Many people take for granted that there is an Afterlife--but that's because of how those people were taught to believe by their parents. But when people become adults, they have the freedom to question and choose their own path. At that point, they begin to question and decide on their own. So I wonder if any of you have questioned and changed your attitudes. If there is an Afterlife--can it be proven?
I am not skeptical of the afterlife.

I don't believe in it, I don't think we have any indication that it exists, so why would we believe in such a thing?
I understand that people can feel a need for it to exist, but that does not make it real.

Are you skeptical of Cryonics?
I am very skeptical of that, you have no guarantee they will really preserve your body, you're not able to complain if they don't.
There's no guarantee it will ever be possible to bring that body back to life.

But just imagine that in 300 years it would be possible, and they had preserved your body and 'woke you up'.
You would wake up in a world 300 years in the future.
All your friends and relatives would be dead, cities would have changed completely
Would you really be able to cope with all of that?
Imagine all the technology that would be completely alien to you, but others grew up with.

So many Near Death Experiences shared on YouTube claim we carry on after the body is done.
We all get the answer...eventually.
Just LIVE this one to your fullest

So many Near Death Experiences shared on YouTube claim we carry on after the body is done.
The question is: If you almost had a car crash, do you know what it 's like to have a car crash?
I don't think so.
I think it's the same in this type of experience.
Just before death the body experiences some strange things, I wouldn't be surprised our body creates an illusion for us, to make it easier to bear this.
But again, that is before death.

The question is: If you almost had a car crash, do you know what it 's like to have a car crash?
I don't think so.
I think it's the same in this type of experience.
Just before death the body experiences some strange things, I wouldn't be surprised our body creates an illusion for us, to make it easier to bear this.
But again, that is before death.

Exactly, there's no way of knowing for sure. Not to mention if you can actually believe the honeysuckle random strangers on the internet say. Not everything is true. Some things are, at the very least, embellished. If the brain is still functioning, why can't it just be like a self destruct mode type of thing. A kind of "life flashes before your eyes," type thing that shows you what you want to see.

Latest posts

Back