Are you still hoping for a thing some describe as "True" "love" still?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since I'm 34 and have yet to even go on a date, have my first kiss etc. I would think "true love" is a somewhat unrealistic goal.
You could have a hilarious near death accident, with an egg slicer. Be rushed into hospital, ignored by the masses, disregarded even by the medical staff. Then, across the room, somebody else thinks you are an absolute freak, weirdo, and should be avoided. However, that also happens to intrigue them, and you converse, awkwardly perhaps, but enough. And somewhere in universe of two minds, sparks ignite.

just go easy with the egg slicer!

Last edited:
No, not really.
Emotional fulfillment takes a backseat position as you get older because the forefront becomes your physicality, structural security and lifestyle.
That is to say, it isn't null and void of importance to some in the 30+ age range, it just isn't as important as making sure that you don't end up homeless or die from some unknown medical condition in your sleep.

I think that there are many women that could be my soulmates out there somewhere. The problem is that God set it up so that I have to go through a million wackos to find them and I just don't have the strength to do it any more. ;)
I think you just like the wackos, so much better than a soulmate... you never know what we will do next lol :eek:

Hey now, those egg slicers are dangerous!

However, my downfall fall was a knife and avocado.....no such luck with awkward conversation though. Perhaps I should try again....with the egg slicer?

Hey now, those egg slicers are dangerous!

However, my downfall fall was a knife and avocado.....no such luck with awkward conversation though. Perhaps I should try again....with the egg slicer? :O
I am reliably informed, you are required to be almost irretrievably entangled, bleeding profusely, and from an unusual appendage. 🤐

Love is a bacon sandwich called Monica. ❤😋
It was a hot, saucy love. We would meet in strange places, and she would let me eat her whole, even the crusty bit. Then one night, I was ravenous, I had to have her. Yes, I had my fill, and foolishly snoozed thereafter, satisfied, fed full with love. But when I awoke from this banquet of veritable delight, she was gone. Now I am alone, left to spurt my HP sauce, single handedly. Nobody's buns are getting buttered tonight.

No, but that's mainly because I'm a bitter creep who still fantasizes about younger women.

I don't believe in soul mates though...People are more or less compatible with each other, that's all. And that usually starts with hormonal drives pushing them into commitment they probably wouldn't make if they were 20 years older.

It's a fantasy, and a necessary one at that: being young, stupid and hopelessly infatuated. But without the fantasy I can't imagine it or see much value in it.

Last edited:
I have hope, but it grows dimmer everyday.

I'm so different from everyone in so many ways, it hurts the odds of me finding someone who actually likes me. Essentially I have to find someone who likes people who are different which makes it exceedingly difficult

I have hope, but it grows dimmer everyday.

I'm so different from everyone in so many ways, it hurts the odds of me finding someone who actually likes me. Essentially I have to find someone who likes people who are different which makes it exceedingly difficult

I'm the same way, can only really connect with more interesting (different) people.
But do tell. How you're so different from everyone in so many ways... name one, if you will.
I used to tell people I wasn't "normal" - not to distance myself but just as fair warning.
They'd inevitably say something cheerful like, "There's no such thing as normal".
So, then I'd tell them five normal things that normal people do. Everyday things, thoughts, actions. And say I didn't do or relate to any of them. So they'd start to get it...

Try not to let your hope dim, your fire go out.

I'm the same way, can only really connect with more interesting (different) people.
But do tell. How you're so different from everyone in so many ways... name one, if you will.
I used to tell people I wasn't "normal" - not to distance myself but just as fair warning.
They'd inevitably say something cheerful like, "There's no such thing as normal".
So, then I'd tell them five normal things that normal people do. Everyday things, thoughts, actions. And say I didn't do or relate to any of them. So they'd start to get it...

Try not to let your hope dim, your fire go out.

I think the correct term for us is 'outcasts'. I think people see us as a novelty, but thats about as far as it goes. People will almost always be interested in someone more traditional.

Name a way Im different? For starters, I've actually been told that by numerous people.

I dont look like anyone. Meaning I have many races in me. I dont look white, black, asian, or Latin. Then there's the contradictions that confuse people. I dont make alot of money and work a menial job, but I'm an extremely sharp dresser. Sport coats, oxford shoes, button down shirts. Yet I'm essentially considered poor because of my low income. I can watch a ballet one week. Then go watch a NASCAR race the next week. I can watch Godzilla vs King Kong one week, then watch Citizen Kane the next week. I can eat at McDonald's one day, then have a healthy salad the next. I can listen to classical music one day, then hip hop the next. I can talk in detail about the latest video games one second then discuss markets or social issues the next. My family life was anything but normal.

I'm simply too open-ended. I've thought about why I'm like this in the past. I came to the conclusion that I've spent most of my life alone, and therefore my taste in things grew unhindered. If I had grown up with friends I likely would have adopted their tastes. This would have funneled me into a certain 'type' of person. When people meet me they would have been able to say, 'oh, he's this type of guy'. As it stands nothing about me makes sense and I think this is a huge turn off to most people.

Its hard to hold onto that fire. Im 36 and dateless. I just got rejected yet again by another woman I tried to text and talk to. Words cant describe how demoralizing it is when someone lives rent free in your head when you know they probably havent thought about you for a single second in weeks.

Latest posts

Back