Are you still hoping for a thing some describe as "True" "love" still?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ztyu123

Reaction score
Are you still holding out in Hope's that there is some one out there who is one of your "soulmates" and life partners to have a progressing relationship with a "true love"?

Would you make a go with someone who is honest about their intentions upfront, "You're single, I'm single, I haven't been lucky in finding anyone. I assume you haven't either. We're not getting any younger, do you just want to make a go out of it, and potentially become lifemates, possibly have a deep connection, friendship, and possibly have good times together?"

The second paragraph is realistic and might actually turn into something (it isn't too far from how my wife and I met, actually). The top paragraph will likely make one so picky that they'll never end up having a relationship, or create impossible standards that no one could probably ever measure up to.

No more fairy tales. I want a real working relationship, warts and all.

Are you still holding out in Hope's that there is some one out there who is one of your "soulmates" and life partners to have a progressing relationship with a "true love"?

Would you make a go with someone who is honest about their intentions upfront, "You're single, I'm single, I haven't been lucky in finding anyone. I assume you haven't either. We're not getting any younger, do you just want to make a go out of it, and potentially become lifemates, possibly have a deep connection, friendship, and possibly have good times together?"

Sounds good. I would if my circumstances were different. The way i am now there's no hope for anything. Something needs to change.

Broadly speaking, our needs in relationships change with age. So yeah, I can see folks settling for companionship, maybe shared financial security, maybe mutual care. But that tends to cover the older range off the age spectrum.

Do I still believe in love? fresia yeah! And, I believe it is possible at any age. Exactly what that defines, is personal to you the individual.

The implication of life long love, well that kinda got me. It happens, although clearly not for everyone. Certainly at my age, we're the equivalent of a used car with several different owners. Dented a beaten up too.

I guess, what you project and accept, is what you get from any relationship. It's all based on need and supply, in many respects. I've known people stay in shitty relationships, simply as it's better than being alone. Whereas, they might be happier and safer, alone.

I don't know, and I am rambling on. But I do sincerely believe that there is someone for everyone. You should never settle for less. However, even the best relationships are based upon compromise.

Maybe I have misunderstood the post?

if i were still single, yeah. Why not? All this dating and relationships are complicated enough, having this kind of honesty upfront would just save a lot of grief.

probably easier said than done not going to lie.

This is literally what dating is. You shouldn't be too picky because love doesn't come in exactly the package you want it to come in. Sometimes you get lucky, but you simply can't know who you will fall in love with, so you should go out with people who ask. That doesn't mean it will always work out, but you won't ever find "true" love if you don't try.

Also, "true" love to me is just REAL love.

No hope.
About "you're single, I'm single" - why not. I know a pair who did so and now they are happy young parents.

Just I don't think I'd like to go out with any person having Y-chromosome. But if I like a guy, why not... I'm just not too brave too ask and I hardly know a few single guys.

No hope.
About "you're single, I'm single" - why not. I know a pair who did so and now they are happy young parents.

Just I don't think I'd like to go out with any person having Y-chromosome. But if I like a guy, why not... I'm just not too brave too ask and I hardly know a few single guys.

You prefer women?

I think I found true love but way too soon. On Ally McBeal there was a line "who find's their soulmate when they're seven?" or something like that. I was eleven. If I had done things differently I think it would have worked out. It was just bad luck that I didn't recognize the openings I had when I had them.

You prefer women?
Ooops, nope. I meant "any random guy"((
Being just a woman and a man is not enough. People should have some similar topics, smth to discuss.
I have one friend, who says: "you're a woman, he's a man, what's the problem", but this man, she talked about, has so different opinion about everything and he begins to shout if I don't agree, I see it as a problem. She says "it's not a big deal, everyone shouts", but I'd better stay single. And also if a man doesn't wash himself or his clothes, I'd also prefer not to go out.(those my friend also says, it's doesn't matter as I could wash him... )

I don't wait for a "True" or any other, but I also think that random wouldn't work (maybe just if someone is lucky)).

Ooops, nope. I meant "any random guy"((
Being just a woman and a man is not enough. People should have some similar topics, smth to discuss.
I have one friend, who says: "you're a woman, he's a man, what's the problem", but this man, she talked about, has so different opinion about everything and he begins to shout if I don't agree, I see it as a problem. She says "it's not a big deal, everyone shouts", but I'd better stay single. And also if a man doesn't wash himself or his clothes, I'd also prefer not to go out.(those my friend also says, it's doesn't matter as I could wash him... )

I don't wait for a "True" or any other, but I also think that random wouldn't work (maybe just if someone is lucky)).

Haha yes i know what you mean. No you can't do random guys. Need to connect on every level, agree on everything, not just i exist you exist let's exist together because we can't find anything better :)))) that's not good. I can't connect with anyone because of disagreements and other things. Hygiene is also a big deal where i am. Most don't care. I do.

Latest posts

Back