Arent you getting sick of video games

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been a avid gamer for most of my life as they've made me feel less lonely and made me feel like I'm interacting in something. I feel like sometimes video games become a "task" to play and I don't want to feel like that's, mostly this happens with Skyrim, Fallout etc. But then there's a casual puzzle game I enjoy to pass time, which is most of the Nintendo DS games.

I still play old games on 360. Have yet to see a recent game that didn't suck and that was actually playable day 1 without 5 patches.

Just started playing Planescape Torment and am digging it.

More into D & D (the table top version) at the moment.

BlackwaveButterfly said:
I've been a avid gamer for most of my life as they've made me feel less lonely and made me feel like I'm interacting in something. I feel like sometimes video games become a "task" to play and I don't want to feel like that's, mostly this happens with Skyrim, Fallout etc. But then there's a casual puzzle game I enjoy to pass time, which is most of the Nintendo DS games.

I feel a lot like this with online games. The social aspect is a lot of fun since it's not restricted by timezones, late nights, travel and eating out costs, or distance.

I actually miss playing paper AD&D.
It could last hours, you could have fun doing it drunk and you didn't spend 15 hours staring at a computer screen.
Not to mention you actually talked to real people and even if you died, didn't necessarily think about committing suicide.
I like online games, but...I don't know, it feels some people went WAY to "all-in" with them. Specifically games à la Warcraft Online and the like.

Oh, except shooters and GTA online. I can't believe people let their 6 year olds play those games and talk like that. It's abhorrent.

Sometimes I get burned out and stop for a while but I always go back to them. Recently I have been playing older consoles like the super nintendo.

No, but I'm becoming much more selective. I have lost interest in online VS games, and playing with other people in general really. I just want single player stories. Unfortunately the industry seems to be pushing for the opposite direction thought. Most major studios seem intent on forcing some kind of online component into everything, and relying on RNG reward systems(loot boxes), and microtransactions. I just have no interest in that. The only things I'm really looking forward to are Red Dead Redemption 2 and Cyberpunk 2077. I'll also be giving No Man's Sky a shot when it finally releases on Xbox this summer despite the initially lackluster reception it received. My favorite series is Mass Effect, and that's currently on indefinite hiatus. Another Dragon Age is a LONG ways away, and it's anyone's guess about when a new Elder Scrolls or Fallout will release. I've just been watching a lot of stuff lately instead.

I'm not sure I can think of a game made in the last 10 years that I find as interesting or atmospheric as the original X-Com UFO Defense (released in 1994).

Well I don't think playing video games is a waste of time. It depends on what kind of video games really. I'm more oriented to rpg story-based games so playing them is like reading books for me, they are arts.
I like analyzing them too.

I don't play as many video games as I did when I was a kid. I tend to get into a routine of doing certain things every day, and I have to sort of force gaming into that routine. Plus alot of my older games seem to have limited playability - I might only play a couple of levels of that game before I get bored. But if it's a game like 'Resident Evil' or 'Silent Hill' - one that has a story to it - then I'd commit myself for days playing that game.

I am still playing. And hope I'll never get bored with that.
If one game becomes boring, fortunately, I have money to buy another. And that lasts forever.

Yeah, I've really been struggling to enjoy video games lately. I think time is a big factor, I just can't dedicate 50+ hour of my life to beat one game anymore, it would take me months, and it's not fun. Read Dead Redemption 2, perfect example. Indie games has been keeping my interest alive, especially roguelikes, because they're great games for play for an hour or two.

I been trying to get into board games lately, only single player ones, but man I wish I had friends to play with.

I’m waiting for the new Elder Scrolls and Dragon Age.
Why are y’all so slow!! 
*pull out all my hair* 🙄

hewhowalksalone said:
I've been considering Red Dead Redemption. Might get it.

I'm considering RDR2 as well...... but I barely have much time to play anything else. I wish I did have more time and mental capacity for it, I miss gaming.

Jessicat said:
Why are y’all so slow!! 
*pull out all my hair* 🙄

I'm right there with you. That's why this meme is a thing:

your-item-has-insufficient-charge-bethesda-staff-damage-1468-weight-28344051.png

IncolaVacui said:
Jessicat said:
Why are y’all so slow!! 
*pull out all my hair* 🙄

I'm right there with you. That's why this meme is a thing:

your-item-has-insufficient-charge-bethesda-staff-damage-1468-weight-28344051.png

Aww. A fellow traveler. 
Greetings from the other side. 😉

Sometimes I'll have a burn out of a particular game. Or I'll start playing one, then after a few days play another. And when I go back to the original game I'll want to restart it from scratch.
It can get annoying!... I still need to finish my DA Origins Awakening play through so I can transfer the save to DA:2. I've procrastinated that for a few months now.

I find the ones I keep going back to are ones with a good story, or ones that are open ended and you can choose rather than it being more of a roller coaster on tracks experience.

Nah. I only play games I personally am interested in; not the MUST BUY franchises, so I literally think the exact opposite. I can't wait to find and play more, and then even replay them.

I don't buy one unless I know it's for me. And it's also a big reason I buy physical, in the off chance I was wrong, easy resell! :D

Latest posts

Back