Art and solo board games can help you when you feel alone

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarkWoods

Reaction score
Hi.

Three years ago, I was diagnosed with a major depression and an anxiety disorder. Today, I'm nothing like the guy I was at the time. I have my ups and downs but I am not depressed.

Oil painting helped me a lot during these hard times. I am planning to do more oil painting and drawing and probably also start to learn watercolor painting. My goal is to keep my mind busy for a long time. When my mind is busy, I don't have the time to ruminate negative thoughts.

Another that could help keep your mind busy is board games. Recently, I bought a few little games with puzzles to solve. There are great little games you can find from companies like SmartGames.

I also just bought three solo wargames. I have began to learn how to play but those games are not an easy task but that's ok. I didn't know that there were so many solo board games. Just go on boardgamegeek.com and search for solo games and you will be pleasantly surprised.

So if you feel alone during this pandemic and you are ruminating negative thoughts, it could be a good idea to learn to draw, paint and play board games.

What are your thoughts on the subject?

Glad things are so much better DW, keeping occupied with things is always a good idea, especially if it's something creative. Being artistic is a funny thing, on the one hand I think it can make a person vulnerable to negative thoughts and doubts, and on the flip side doing creative work is enormously satisfying and can dig us out of the holes that we dig ourselves into. That's how it works for me, I think Churchill used to say something similar.

Latest posts

Back