Artist's Block?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yeti1980

Reaction score
You've heard of writer's block, well I appear to be suffering from artist's block.

Usually love drawing and painting etc, but realized recently that I haven't done any artwork for months. I feel uninspired, as though art is somehow pointless, and that what I do isn't really of any consequence, so hey why bother?

Dunno why I've got into this corner, or how to get out.

Anyone else been in a similar position and have any tips?

I wish I could be an artist. I have zero talent for it. I believe it is an innate ability. I can code it in games after studying the program and being provided the template per se, but that is about it. My daughter is off the charts as in artist.

You've heard of writer's block, well I appear to be suffering from artist's block.

Usually love drawing and painting etc, but realized recently that I haven't done any artwork for months. I feel uninspired, as though art is somehow pointless, and that what I do isn't really of any consequence, so hey why bother?

Dunno why I've got into this corner, or how to get out.

Anyone else been in a similar position and have any tips?
I'm not an artisit. But, I find if I push myself into doing something small that I don't feel like doing soon my mind takes over and propels me to continue farther with it. So, maybe draw something unusual like a surreal animal or something that doesn't neccesarily exist in nature.

VapidInferiorElephantseal-size_restricted.gif

Try a new medium, something you haven't done before. Experiment a bit with your artistic side and venture outside of what you normally do. Maybe that will help spark you.

Joni Mitchell spoke of this in an interview years ago.
"It's Time to rotate the crops."
The inspiration for creativity comes from many sources.
Try music instead of drawing for awhile...

I, too, am suffering from artist block. I am a face/arm painter. I practice on rubber heads, and I used to practice every day. It has been two months since I picked up a brush. I just can't seem to get in the grove. If you find the answer please, please let me know!

Latest posts

Back