Ask a question for the next person!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Friends? You mean you guys here on the forum? But you don't live near me : )

If you could be either a bird or a fish for one whole day, which would it be?

When something goes missing around the house, I always retell the story of how I accidentally brushed a large rubber pencil eraser off my study with my elbow. Without looking, I leaned down to collect it from the floor and it wasn't there. I searched everywhere, thinking it might have bounced oddly and landed on something up off the floor, I looked in weird locations. I turned my room upside down and never ever found it. It's like I had a miniature Bermuda Triangle in my own room, which was small. If I'm with my mate and something goes astray, he always says, "It's the eraser all over again." lol

Have you ever declined eating something someone has made for you by saying you're not hungry, then a minute later they see you eating some snack?

cold weather but not freezing cold.

If you could pick a year from the span 2020-2023, which would you choose and why?

Faveeee video gameeee issss anything Mario

Would you really follow the rules and leave your belongings in a burning building or would you go back if it was full of cash you needed to pay rent?

I would only go in (well, I wouldn't leave beforehand) to save someone. To Hell with any personal belongings. That's what insurance is for, or there's usually some sort of assistance available.

If you had to choose, at your current age, what decade would you like to live in?

Having gotten used to the perks of the internet and modern technology, it would be difficult to live without them now. So for those, I would choose the current decade. But for the spirit and the overall desire for ideals like love and peace, gotta go with the '60s. Not that they succeeded in those, but they wanted to : )

What traits, physical or otherwise, do you share with your mother and/or father?

I would fight Mr. Burns. That SOB is got it coming. He blocked out the sun. He scrubbed the ocean floor clean with the plastic rings from 6 packs. He used slant drilling to steal oil. He tried to kill puppies to make clothing. I think there would be a lineup to kick his 🫏.

If you could go back in time and change one decision, what would it be?

@Walnut Mr. Burns is evil, isn't he? I'm sure there would be a lineup to kick his ass, both in our universe, and in his own. Solid choice.

It's been a while since I heard that song too 😄

Anyway, your question -

I don't know, there are so many.
Probably either:

"NOT become a germophobe",

"NOT get into peak oil conspiracy theories and anti-capitalism and give up on my major",

or "NOT be so 'anti-' as a kid, and focused on getting good at things/just playing the game like everyone else instead".

That's a good one, so same question:

Wow, what a question. Maybe the first time that I was made fun of in school by someone more confident than I was. Instead of having it hurt me and not say anything I should have beat the crap out of him. Maybe then I would have had more confidence in everything.

Why are some people in here welcomed more graciously than others?

Who knows? There could be a million reasons. I've never felt I belonged anywhere myself, and I was bullied as a child and as an adult. But, as long as I don't feel like I'm being targeted or scapegoated by an entire group, which is rare, something I do now that I wasn't able to do when I was younger is to let things brush off. I try to be genuinely kind to people regardless. Nice people will stick with you, and the not-so-nice will scratch their heads, or come around, or, of course, continue being jerks. But it's their problem. I've kicked myself out of everywhere my whole life. Now, somehow, I've gotten to a place where I'm unwilling to do that anymore. I'm not any better or worse than anybody else so why let them hurt me. I try to focus on the nice people, or the nice parts of people. The crap is not my business : )

What Olympic sports do you like to watch?

Latest posts

Back