Ask me something serious

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xephier102

Reaction score
I came on here to ask a question; mostly due to being lonely and wanting some form of debate/conversation/connection of any kind.

But I once again found myself in a familiar situation in which I've preemptively predicted what the answers will likely be (I tend to be fairly accurate in such predictions), and then answering my own question more accurately and diversely than what anyone else is likely to do.

Once a person begins answering their own questions, one often finds that most answers were quite obvious all along.

I think people often ask questions almost instinctively, as a passive method of communication, rather than a lacking ability to formulate their own answers.

And so, rather than asking another pointless question myself, I may ask what qeuries others have had difficulties finding the answer to.

My specialties are psychology/child psychology, philosophy, and the state of the world. You may ask what you like, but the above topics will likely yield the most valuable responses, and if you ask me about sports, I'll just shrug, cuz I don't know, lol.

Just as a little disclaimer, I am not a professional psychologist, but I know things that a lot of them don't, so I do have the ability to offer a unique point of view. Just view my advice in the same light as any advice you'd get from a friend.

You aren't a professional, so what exactly do you know that a lot of them don't? Do you have any formal training other than books and google...as in college?

I don't mean this to be offensive, but this post kind of comes off a little cocky.

You aren't a professional, so what exactly do you know that a lot of them don't? Do you have any formal training other than books and google...as in college?

I don't mean this to be offensive, but this post kind of comes off a little cocky.
Ask me something serious, if you think my answer is shite, then you can judge.

Btw, a fancy paper or certificate is hardly a requirement to have an extensive knowledge in psychology or philosophy. Frankly, not having those things enables one to be more open minded on the subjects.

Much of what's in the DSM-5 is more geared towards keeping people content, and/or wearing blinders, as opposed to actually helping anyone through their issues. Cuz it's most pragmatic for the government (which has control over the entire public education system) to keep people contented than it is to help them get to the bottom of their issues, of which the government is often responsible for.

You can take from that what you wish. But I've done my research. And unlike most people, I use the internet for more than just giggling at cat videos, and raging at tik tokers.

I also know how to research honeysuckle, have done just that for a lot of things, but that doesn't mean I'm qualified to give people advice that would be "better than a professional." I don't need your answers, I can find my own. And no, a "fancy paper or certificate" is not required to know about something, but it's cocky to assume you know more than them or that everyone else just giggles at cat videos.

Also, the DSM 5 is not the be all, end all, it's just a guide. Each person is responsible for what they do for themselves. Yes a certified therapist/psychologist/whatever can be a helpful tool, but in the end, the individual has to do all the hard work.

I also know how to research honeysuckle, have done just that for a lot of things, but that doesn't mean I'm qualified to give people advice that would be "better than a professional." I don't need your answers, I can find my own. And no, a "fancy paper or certificate" is not required to know about something, but it's cocky to assume you know more than them or that everyone else just giggles at cat videos.

Also, the DSM 5 is not the be all, end all, it's just a guide. Each person is responsible for what they do for themselves. Yes a certified therapist/psychologist/whatever can be a helpful tool, but in the end, the individual has to do all the hard work.
I've talked to a lot of people online, and the majority are mindless followers, and the general online culture itself tells us that without even looking into it.

Obviously not everyone just sits around giggling at cat videos, but look them things up on YouTube or w.e, there's literally millions, or even tens of millions of views.. so what I said isn't exactly an inaccurate statement.

As for "the individual" I believe the gov, + society has a lot of work to do that could improve the lives of the vast majority. But that's an entire conversation in and of itself.

It's not cocky to recognize ones strengths. I've got plenty of weaknesses that I'd be happy to devulge. I'm far from perfect.

Latest posts

Back