Asking for advice, or just opinions, or w/e

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So why don't you interact with people here? You've been here since January, but you only have 9 posts. There are a lot of good people here and one of the members could turn into your best friend.

I get it, I really do, it's HARD to put yourself out there. It's hard to feel like you do and still make an effort. Do it anyway, what do you have to lose? You can literally meet people anywhere, so why not get to know some people here?
This is a very valid point. Most people in these forums only go on and on when they want a listening ear to let them moan and groan at. They suddenly find it in them to type 1000 words when it suits. And its all them being listened to but they never bother to post for others who are struggling or want to make friends. It's short sighted and selfish. If you dont' work you have masses of spare time. I come here despite working full time, and post more than you.

Meet people IRL is not so simple. I deal with that too. I spend hours looking for people to chat online. Some people I meet online say things like "just go to a bar, talk with someone at the grocery store", like if I didnt know you can do that 🙄.

I know what can I do to meet people, and what are my possibilities.
When I was in the same boat it drove me mad when people suggested places to go and things to do. they were saying this to a resourceful, very proactive, intelligent woman who had already been through every one of her options carefully and totally. They would often suggest things that would serve no purpose at all, where my time would disappear for no reason. As if anyone who has no friends can just fritter all of their time away on other things and people. This may be the case if you dont work and have no responsibilities or commitments but not so with me. They forget you have a brain and can think and know your situation far better than them.They talk to you as if you are a moron and your real problem is not having a brain.

Latest posts

Back