banning policy

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TheSkaFish said:
It's not a choice though. If someone feels insulted by what another says, then it's an insult.

That means that any comment could be deemed an insult if the person 'feels' that way and any rules would be pointless.

TheSkaFish said:
TheRealCallie said:
Right when you click register, this is what you get. HERE are your rules. Now how many have actually bothered to read these?

A Lonely Life Forums - Registration Agreement

I didn't get this when I signed up, and certainly didn't see where it can be found on the board.

That version of the registration agreement has existed since 2009. You did get it you obviously did not read it, there is no way you did not get it. It is the first thing you see when you click on "Register" and is the only thing on the screen to read. The "I Agree" button is directly below it, which when you click on it is your acknowledgement of reading it and accepting the Agreement. So saying you did not get it is impossible.

Paraiyar said:
TheSkaFish said:
It's not a choice though. If someone feels insulted by what another says, then it's an insult.

That means that any comment could be deemed an insult if the person 'feels' that way and any rules would be pointless.

This is where I think history comes into play. It would be one thing if someone had one problem with another and it was a one-time occurrence, but when it becomes a repeat issue of one person telling another that they find the things they say offensive, then I think that's a problem.

Sci-Fi said:
TheSkaFish said:
TheRealCallie said:
Right when you click register, this is what you get. HERE are your rules. Now how many have actually bothered to read these?

A Lonely Life Forums - Registration Agreement

I didn't get this when I signed up, and certainly didn't see where it can be found on the board.

That version of the registration agreement has existed since 2009. You did get it you obviously did not read it, there is no way you did not get it. It is the first thing you see when you click on "Register" and is the only thing on the screen to read. The "I Agree" button is directly below it, which when you click on it is your acknowledgement of reading it and accepting the Agreement. So saying you did not get it is impossible.

Who knows. Maybe I just don't remember. But to be honest, it seems like I am far from the only one who did not read it.

Fact: The registration agreement exists.
Fact: It's the purpose of the moderators to interpret and apply those rules and any consequences if they determine a rule has been broken and to what degree.
Fact: Rules are almost always open to interpretation by the folks trying to keep the peace, as well as an occasional few who feel the need to challenge the rules or the way they are interpreted.

TheSkaFish said:
This is where I think history comes into play. It would be one thing if someone had one problem with another and it was a one-time occurrence, but when it becomes a repeat issue of one person telling another that they find the things they say offensive, then I think that's a problem.

Someone saying something you personally don't like is not an insult. That's childish behavior, and that's someone allowing their own personal feelings to get in the way of a decent judgment call. Just because you get upset over it, doesn't mean it's the worst thing in the world. We're not here to protect you from people being mean to you in life. I find it unbelievable that you're really going so far as to almost insinuate that we're supposed to protect your hurt feelings. You honestly can't see that goes beyond what we're supposed to do for you? I can't even tell you how many times someone has insulted me on this forum, for one reason or another - typically for saying something they didn't like - and who's there to save my hurt feelings? No one.

I'm sorry, Ska, but you think we're supposed to protect you from the meanies of life, because goodness forbid someone say something you don't like on a forum.

And I'm so glad that someone pointed out that you did in fact get the agreement just like everyone else did, because I found it mighty odd that you were the only one who didn't get it. You chose not to read it. That doesn't mean it wasn't there. So there are rules, written rules, and you still decided to ignore that.

Latest posts

Back