Being an adult is hard... no?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We all make mistakes. (Except Trop, of course) It's how we learn.

Though, I can possibly see how your mom thought you might be showing off. Spending so much that you don't have enough room for all the food, it does seem a little....much. I'm not saying you did it on purpose to show off. I mean, look at it from another perspective.

Are you starting to see why I said to run away fast? It never ends well. Doesn't matter if you agree with the dude or disagree with him, you will be an evil churchgoer out to get him.

I was like omg, you know I guess because I ordered it online I just couldn't tell how much I was actually ordering until it arrived lol I had a mini...moment and everything.

I was like omg, you know I guess because I ordered it online I just couldn't tell how much I was actually ordering until it arrived lol I had a mini...moment and everything.
I've done similar in store, loaded up a trolley with alsorts of stuff, and then gotten home and panicked. Although, I have been fortunate enough that unpacking items and judicial shoving, got everything placed away.

I've done similar in store, loaded up a trolley with alsorts of stuff, and then gotten home and panicked. Although, I have been fortunate enough that unpacking items and judicial shoving, got everything placed away.
So happy to know im not alone, I thought, how could I do this....

Wait until the day when you think you have done a wonderful shop, bought everything needed, bagged a few bargains, it all fits into kitchen. Then, you discover, all your fresh produce had to be used that same day.

Honestly, I fresia up at least once a month.

Wait until the day when you think you have done a wonderful shop, bought everything needed, bagged a few bargains, it all fits into kitchen. Then, you discover, all your fresh produce had to be used that same day.

Honestly, I fresia up at least once a month.

Oh noooooo I'd make a massive soup and blend it all.

Honestly, today made me feel so.... less than,
Started off well, I was so proud of myself, walking around my house,
I thought wow, go me, I picked this, this is mine, I made this happen on my own.
I decided to do a massive shop and fill the house to the brim lol
This is where... everything went wrong... I ordered too many things,
I couldn't fit it all in the bloody fridge or the freezer!
After panicking I decided to call my monster, I mean mother, for advice...
She was so frustrated with me and made me feel like a child playing house,
I started thinking intrusive thoughts, do I even know what i'm doing? Could I ever be someones mother?
She said I was showing off but I wasn't, theres not exactly anyone else here..
I was just thinking go I'd do a bulk shop and cook my little heart out.
I hate when people just assume the worse, assume everything is always me being the worst.
I cant make a simple mistake because... im supposed to be perfect, it's just so much pressure.

Come on fellow adults, please tell me you've made mistakes too, did things by accident?
Hey,kid...RELAX. lol.
It's not a contest. You do you and ignore what other people think, or perfection. Tryto member you're supposed to enjoy yourself once in a while.
"Being an adult" is only as hard as you make it.

Hey,kid...RELAX. lol.
It's not a contest. You do you and ignore what other people think, or perfection. Tryto member you're supposed to enjoy yourself once in a while.
"Being an adult" is only as hard as you make it.
You know you're right, I think my mum just knows how to push my buttons, because its never the mistake, she always comes for "me"as a person... I hate that...

I started thinking intrusive thoughts, do I even know what i'm doing? Could I ever be someones mother?
I could say a lot of things about your mother and her words. But I would rather touch on this.

You are most certainly enough as you are. You can make every mistake in the book, and still be someone's mother. Maybe you don't know what you are doing, but you are working it out as you go. That's pretty much the journey of life.

I hope that in the very least, you are able to come to a place where you don't let your thoughts go to "Hey, I'm not going to be good for this or this in the future." You are learning more about yourself every day, you are progressing, and that's what matters.

I think one of your best qualities is that you question yourself. While it's not good to constant do it. It is great sometimes. Many parents just do things for whatever reason they do them without wondering if they should have handled things differently or not. They are mostly done growing. So, they continue to make the same mistakes to the detriment of their children. I believe, you on the other hand, will screw up, question yourself, find a better solution, and then use that instead. So, you will be a great parent!

Unfortunately, your lying, cheating, ahole of a husband will be a real jerk to your kids. You will believe that he is similar to you. So, you figure if you just nicely show him what he is doing wrong, he'll correct his behavoir. Again, unfortunately, he won't want to be told anything because he already knows everything. Then he'll tell you to shut up, grab another beer, and watch a game on TV while you clean up the mess he just made. You will figure if you just stay quite and make excuses for his horrible behavoir he'll change. His job is stressful after all. Besides you don't want to admit to having a failed marriage. So, you stay together until the kids are old enough to move out on their own. Ha! ha!

I could say a lot of things about your mother and her words. But I would rather touch on this.

You are most certainly enough as you are. You can make every mistake in the book, and still be someone's mother. Maybe you don't know what you are doing, but you are working it out as you go. That's pretty much the journey of life.

I hope that in the very least, you are able to come to a place where you don't let your thoughts go to "Hey, I'm not going to be good for this or this in the future." You are learning more about yourself every day, you are progressing, and that's what matters.
You know, I never thought about it like this before. I jump straight to beating myself up, worrying im not good enough for who I wanna be.

I think one of your best qualities is that you question yourself. While it's not good to constant do it. It is great sometimes. Many parents just do things for whatever reason they do them without wondering if they should have handled things differently or not. They are mostly done growing. So, they continue to make the same mistakes to the detriment of their children. I believe, you on the other hand, will screw up, question yourself, find a better solution, and then use that instead. So, you will be a great parent!

Unfortunately, your lying, cheating, ahole of a husband will be a real jerk to your kids. You will believe that he is similar to you. So, you figure if you just nicely show him what he is doing wrong, he'll correct his behavoir. Again, unfortunately, he won't want to be told anything because he already knows everything. Then he'll tell you to shut up, grab another beer, and watch a game on TV while you clean up the mess he just made. You will figure if you just stay quite and make excuses for his horrible behavoir he'll change. His job is stressful after all. Besides you don't want to admit to having a failed marriage. So, you stay together until the kids are old enough to move out on their own. Ha! ha!
Lol, this may have been believable if you made him a good dad and awful to me, I'd never stand for anyone doing anything to my children and thats on my ovaries.

Come on fellow adults, please tell me you've made mistakes too, did things by accident?
Nope! Never ever any mistake, I'm perfect ) Kidding, everyday I suppose. I was born by accident, I don't think I really meant it.
It's not hard to be adult for me it's hard to confess I am an adult.

Honestly, today made me feel so.... less than,
Started off well, I was so proud of myself, walking around my house,
I thought wow, go me, I picked this, this is mine, I made this happen on my own.
I decided to do a massive shop and fill the house to the brim lol
This is where... everything went wrong... I ordered too many things,
I couldn't fit it all in the bloody fridge or the freezer!
After panicking I decided to call my monster, I mean mother, for advice...
She was so frustrated with me and made me feel like a child playing house,
She said I was showing off but I wasn't, theres not exactly anyone else here..
I was just thinking go I'd do a bulk shop and cook my little heart out.
I hate when people just assume the worse, assume everything is always me being the worst.
I cant make a simple mistake because... im supposed to be perfect, it's just so much pressure.

One time, I ordered too much food for my cheat day. I ate too much and way too fast and threw up all over the floor.

Mistakes... Hold my beer!

Although what has gotten me a tad frustrated is, parents who berate their own child. How about some encouragement, assistance, moral support.

Actually a lot of the time positive reinforcement is what is indeed needed.

And for humour purposes, here have this:

"I dunno why he's an opera singer, though."

Actually a lot of the time positive reinforcement is what is indeed needed.

And for humour purposes, here have this:

"I dunno why he's an opera singer, though."

Scrubs, oh man, I used to watch that all the time. Makes me feel old now. It's 20 years old or more?

Scrubs, oh man, I used to watch that all the time. Makes me feel old now. It's 20 years old or more?

Thereabouts, I think, yeah. Great for its time though. Okay yeah it got weird in the later seasons, but the earlier seasons were amazing.

I think it's hard to be an adult if you are starting from nothing, or near nothing, and have no choice but to be "self-made". It's hard if you don't know what your strengths are, or if you don't feel like you have any strengths. If you don't have any strengths, you can't really "make yourself" into much of anything.

As a kid you don't have to be good at anything, you can just like what you like, you can just be. It's OK if school subjects, or sports, or hobbies/activities, or the social scene isn't for you, and you can just not do it, you can just opt out. Or even if you can't opt out entirely, you can just do them at the level you're at, and it's not a big deal. But, as an adult you have to be good at something because you have to leverage your strengths in order to get money, basically, you have to be good enough at something to do it professionally. And if you're not good at anything, or don't know what you can be good at, or feel like you can't be good at anything, life gets lousy, quickly.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back