• Please register and login and join us. Registered members may block ads while they are logged in.

Being "different" to the rest

ManDss

Reaction score
This is something Ive been dealing since long time.

I am, or I feel, different to the rest of people. As young ever could understand people, why they act like that, why they do that and that. 

Im fine about it now. But, Im just different, I dont conect with people.

But now, the thing is that is me who dont like other people. I had friends, but... felt so bored around them. And... I felt much smarter than many. They were good people, dont get me wrong, the kind of people alwas gonna recieve you and give you a hand.

But, at the time, I wasnt looking for kindnes, or "just friendship", I was looking for "smart minds". People who also had deep ideas, to discuss. Not just laugh and talk.

I started leaving my friends. Ended up alone.

Now Im more open, and I adapt to whatever kind of person I have in front of me.

I have a weird and disturbed personality, not gonna lie. My personality developed with issues, so I understand where all this comes. 

I feel a stranger even with my family, uncles and cousins, I put a smile in my face, but sometimes Im just rolling my eyes inside my head  "damn, they are so dumb and simple".

And when Im with other people, I just feel different, they look at me like "why are you like this, why you are acting like this", and my like "oh, you are another normal person, doing and thinking normal things".

No surprise I ended up so alone, right ?

Anyway, someone here relates to this ?

Finished

Reaction score
^ You have a personality disorder, which just means you are different. However, know that many others have that as well as you.

ManDss

Reaction score
theablekingathelstan said:
there is no shame in being different.
diference is a strength.
Sameness is boring.

Yes, I have no problem at all with this, I just posted this to see if there is any who relates with what I say.

Sarah G

Reaction score
I'm starting to appreciate being different (at age 48). It is lonely but I think it's okay, somehow. I don't intentionally hurt or use people so I'm doing no harm. If people think I'm 'weird' that's on them, not my problem.

xephier102

Reaction score
This is something Ive been dealing since long time.

I am, or I feel, different to the rest of people. As young ever could understand people, why they act like that, why they do that and that.

Im fine about it now. But, Im just different, I dont conect with people.

But now, the thing is that is me who dont like other people. I had friends, but... felt so bored around them. And... I felt much smarter than many. They were good people, dont get me wrong, the kind of people alwas gonna recieve you and give you a hand.

But, at the time, I wasnt looking for kindnes, or "just friendship", I was looking for "smart minds". People who also had deep ideas, to discuss. Not just laugh and talk.

I started leaving my friends. Ended up alone.

Now Im more open, and I adapt to whatever kind of person I have in front of me.

I have a weird and disturbed personality, not gonna lie. My personality developed with issues, so I understand where all this comes.

I feel a stranger even with my family, uncles and cousins, I put a smile in my face, but sometimes Im just rolling my eyes inside my head "damn, they are so dumb and simple".

And when Im with other people, I just feel different, they look at me like "why are you like this, why you are acting like this", and my like "oh, you are another normal person, doing and thinking normal things".

No surprise I ended up so alone, right ?

Anyway, someone here relates to this ?
Most people are dumb. It's societal. The problem is with the education system (or lack thereof, depending on your POV).

And it sounds like you're a high chance of having autism. I'd look into that. I was diagnosed with it at the age of 39. Autistic people are very often smarter/more intellectual than their neurotypical counterparts. The only reason it may appear otherwise is that we're in a sense, socially retarded.

Because we don't click with all the social norms. In other words, we're too smart for a society that's too dumb to have the patience for us, and unlike most people, we see the true value in being truly unique.

Well, the social thing, and the fact that we're often treated like garbage by the rest of society instead of having our true potential nurtured. We're generally given one chance short of what we need, then discarded afterwards.

Or we're told to 'seek professional help'. Yea.. That's what I need, to talk to someone that's paid to talk to me about why I can't meet people that will talk to me without getting paid..

TheRealCallie

Reaction score
It kind of irks me when people say "you are probably autistic." Maybe he is, maybe he isn't, but what does it matter? Why do you have to have that label? There are so many things that share the "symptoms" of autism.
There are different kinds of smart. And yes, sometimes autistic people are smarter, but sometimes they aren't. It's the same as neurotypical people and NT people can be just as socially awkward.
I don't often click with social norms. I understand them, I just choose not to follow them. I am my own person and refuse to conform to what society tells me I have to be....and yes, I'm NT.

Treated like garbage by the rest of society? Generalize and exaggerate much? People don't understand autism. They need help understanding it. They need help being aware of it. Even some of those that don't understand it or are aware of it are willing to give you a chance. You talk about society not giving you a chance, but it kind of seems like you've already written society off. It goes both ways.

And you know what? EVERYONE needs professional help at some point in their life. It's just a matter of finding the right person to give that to you.

xephier102

Reaction score
It kind of irks me when people say "you are probably autistic." Maybe he is, maybe he isn't, but what does it matter? Why do you have to have that label? There are so many things that share the "symptoms" of autism.
There are different kinds of smart. And yes, sometimes autistic people are smarter, but sometimes they aren't. It's the same as neurotypical people and NT people can be just as socially awkward.
I don't often click with social norms. I understand them, I just choose not to follow them. I am my own person and refuse to conform to what society tells me I have to be....and yes, I'm NT.

Treated like garbage by the rest of society? Generalize and exaggerate much? People don't understand autism. They need help understanding it. They need help being aware of it. Even some of those that don't understand it or are aware of it are willing to give you a chance. You talk about society not giving you a chance, but it kind of seems like you've already written society off. It goes both ways.

And you know what? EVERYONE needs professional help at some point in their life. It's just a matter of finding the right person to give that to you.
It's nothing about needing a label. I'm just as against labels if not moreso. But there's added benefits to knowing. I mean, for one, the literal benefits of being on disability, so I don't have to piss with min wage jobs where I'm treated like garbage for next to nothing.

Then the benefit of finding people that I can actually communicate with.

On top of all that, it at least offers somewhat of an explanation for all the suffering and loneliness, rather than 'you're perfectly normal, just nobody likes you, and you fuck up all the time, no matter how hard you try, because you're a fuckup.'. Because that explanation pretty much reads as 'great, so I'm fuckin broken, may as well take a one way ticket outta life..'

It's good to know that there's an actual trigger behind it all, instead of just that. Especially as a man, since we don't have a world wide community of supporters, just for being men.