Being "different" to the rest

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ManDss

Reaction score
This is something Ive been dealing since long time.

I am, or I feel, different to the rest of people. As young ever could understand people, why they act like that, why they do that and that. 

Im fine about it now. But, Im just different, I dont conect with people.

But now, the thing is that is me who dont like other people. I had friends, but... felt so bored around them. And... I felt much smarter than many. They were good people, dont get me wrong, the kind of people alwas gonna recieve you and give you a hand.

But, at the time, I wasnt looking for kindnes, or "just friendship", I was looking for "smart minds". People who also had deep ideas, to discuss. Not just laugh and talk.

I started leaving my friends. Ended up alone.

Now Im more open, and I adapt to whatever kind of person I have in front of me.

I have a weird and disturbed personality, not gonna lie. My personality developed with issues, so I understand where all this comes. 

I feel a stranger even with my family, uncles and cousins, I put a smile in my face, but sometimes Im just rolling my eyes inside my head  "****, they are so dumb and simple".

And when Im with other people, I just feel different, they look at me like "why are you like this, why you are acting like this", and my like "oh, you are another normal person, doing and thinking normal things".

No surprise I ended up so alone, right ?

Anyway, someone here relates to this ?

theablekingathelstan said:
there is no shame in being different.
diference is a strength.
Sameness is boring.

Yes, I have no problem at all with this, I just posted this to see if there is any who relates with what I say.

I'm starting to appreciate being different (at age 48). It is lonely but I think it's okay, somehow. I don't intentionally hurt or use people so I'm doing no harm. If people think I'm 'weird' that's on them, not my problem.

This is something Ive been dealing since long time.

I am, or I feel, different to the rest of people. As young ever could understand people, why they act like that, why they do that and that.

Im fine about it now. But, Im just different, I dont conect with people.

But now, the thing is that is me who dont like other people. I had friends, but... felt so bored around them. And... I felt much smarter than many. They were good people, dont get me wrong, the kind of people alwas gonna recieve you and give you a hand.

But, at the time, I wasnt looking for kindnes, or "just friendship", I was looking for "smart minds". People who also had deep ideas, to discuss. Not just laugh and talk.

I started leaving my friends. Ended up alone.

Now Im more open, and I adapt to whatever kind of person I have in front of me.

I have a weird and disturbed personality, not gonna lie. My personality developed with issues, so I understand where all this comes.

I feel a stranger even with my family, uncles and cousins, I put a smile in my face, but sometimes Im just rolling my eyes inside my head "****, they are so dumb and simple".

And when Im with other people, I just feel different, they look at me like "why are you like this, why you are acting like this", and my like "oh, you are another normal person, doing and thinking normal things".

No surprise I ended up so alone, right ?

Anyway, someone here relates to this ?
Most people are dumb. It's societal. The problem is with the education system (or lack thereof, depending on your POV).

And it sounds like you're a high chance of having autism. I'd look into that. I was diagnosed with it at the age of 39. Autistic people are very often smarter/more intellectual than their neurotypical counterparts. The only reason it may appear otherwise is that we're in a sense, socially retarded.

Because we don't click with all the social norms. In other words, we're too smart for a society that's too dumb to have the patience for us, and unlike most people, we see the true value in being truly unique.

Well, the social thing, and the fact that we're often treated like garbage by the rest of society instead of having our true potential nurtured. We're generally given one chance short of what we need, then discarded afterwards.

Or we're told to 'seek professional help'. Yea.. That's what I need, to talk to someone that's paid to talk to me about why I can't meet people that will talk to me without getting paid..

It kind of irks me when people say "you are probably autistic." Maybe he is, maybe he isn't, but what does it matter? Why do you have to have that label? There are so many things that share the "symptoms" of autism.
There are different kinds of smart. And yes, sometimes autistic people are smarter, but sometimes they aren't. It's the same as neurotypical people and NT people can be just as socially awkward.
I don't often click with social norms. I understand them, I just choose not to follow them. I am my own person and refuse to conform to what society tells me I have to be....and yes, I'm NT.

Treated like garbage by the rest of society? Generalize and exaggerate much? People don't understand autism. They need help understanding it. They need help being aware of it. Even some of those that don't understand it or are aware of it are willing to give you a chance. You talk about society not giving you a chance, but it kind of seems like you've already written society off. It goes both ways.

And you know what? EVERYONE needs professional help at some point in their life. It's just a matter of finding the right person to give that to you.

It kind of irks me when people say "you are probably autistic." Maybe he is, maybe he isn't, but what does it matter? Why do you have to have that label? There are so many things that share the "symptoms" of autism.
There are different kinds of smart. And yes, sometimes autistic people are smarter, but sometimes they aren't. It's the same as neurotypical people and NT people can be just as socially awkward.
I don't often click with social norms. I understand them, I just choose not to follow them. I am my own person and refuse to conform to what society tells me I have to be....and yes, I'm NT.

Treated like garbage by the rest of society? Generalize and exaggerate much? People don't understand autism. They need help understanding it. They need help being aware of it. Even some of those that don't understand it or are aware of it are willing to give you a chance. You talk about society not giving you a chance, but it kind of seems like you've already written society off. It goes both ways.

And you know what? EVERYONE needs professional help at some point in their life. It's just a matter of finding the right person to give that to you.
It's nothing about needing a label. I'm just as against labels if not moreso. But there's added benefits to knowing. I mean, for one, the literal benefits of being on disability, so I don't have to piss with min wage jobs where I'm treated like garbage for next to nothing.

Then the benefit of finding people that I can actually communicate with.

On top of all that, it at least offers somewhat of an explanation for all the suffering and loneliness, rather than 'you're perfectly normal, just nobody likes you, and you fresia up all the time, no matter how hard you try, because you're a fuckup.'. Because that explanation pretty much reads as 'great, so I'm fuckin broken, may as well take a one way ticket outta life..'

It's good to know that there's an actual trigger behind it all, instead of just that. Especially as a man, since we don't have a world wide community of supporters, just for being men.

Not everyone with autism qualifies for disability. At least not in America.
But as I said, there are a lot of things that it could be besides autism. I have an issue with people specifically saying "autism" when it could be any number of things. That was the point of my first paragraph.

Not everyone with autism qualifies for disability. At least not in America.
Strongly agree. I know this for a fact. I have spoken to multiple people from America that are unable to get benefits. One even has extreme physical abnormalities that make most of life physically painful for him. America is messed, lol..

But as I said, there are a lot of things that it could be besides autism.
That's why I told him to look into it, instead of saying "YOU DEFINITELY HAVE THIS!".
I also get that there are plenty of other disorders that share the same symptoms. I was sure for most of my life that I had ADHD because of something my psychologist told the group-home staff when I was 5. When I was about to get the diagnosis last year, I was sure that I was manic depressive (more commonly known in the modern day as 'bipolar').

But after I got the diagnosis, I went over a bunch of videos on youtube from people with autism, and yea, that made a lot more sense. But tbh, I think depression can be coupled with nearly every disorder in the same way that fatigue can be coupled with many physical ailments; as people do tend to get depressed when they're treated differently from everyone else just because of the way they're born.

Either way, it's good to know/find out, because the one thing that drove me nearly batshit crazy before my diagnosis, was the idea that nothing would be found. It's not a matter of needing an excuse for anything, but rather, a reason. Because when you try your best at everything, and still fail, or fall short of your peers, then get told there's nothing wrong with you, you're completely normal, it's enough to drive you crazy.

Like, imagine your 2000$ dishwasher didn't work properly, and only cleaned 70-90% of the dishes, when everyone else you know has the same dishwasher and it works just fine (cleans their dishes 100% every time). So, you get a repairman and he works on it for hours, right into the night, starts to pack it up, and when asked, tells you that it's completely fine, nothing is wrong with it at all. You know that something isn't right, but everyone you talk to about it denies it, and tells you it's perfectly fine.

Yea, I denied getting a diagnosis for years (decades) because I was afraid of labels, or being thought less of, but I had to face it eventually, I was being thought less of, with or without the diagnosis. At least with it, you gain a sort of cipher for how your brain works, and can better understand yourself.

I'm guessing from the things that you're saying though, that you are perhaps frustrated because the the American financial wall that would prevent you from getting any form of diagnosis even if you wanted it, then the even bigger wall to get on disability, even if you gained any form of diagnosis. Or like many people with disorders, you see more merit in fixing yourself without a diagnosis, and while that is respectable; I can tell you, because I've been down that path, that it's much much harder without that cipher to discover how/why you're different in the first place.

I mean none of the above as judgement btw. I'm just hanging a guess based on my conversations with you, that you've likely got some form of social (and/or paranoid) disorder, whatever that may be. And that's nothing to be ashamed of. Many people have them these days. It's not 'precious snowflake syndrome'. It has to do with how screwed up our society is, socially speaking. And while I'm not a psychologist, psychology is my wheelhouse, and I fully advocate for people knowing what's going on inside their brains (so that isn't just sitting there as another obstacle blocking their path to happiness).

And while many people may not have access to a psychologist, there are a number of online tests, as well as symptom lists for disorders. Those won't get anyone on disability and obviously they aren't official at all, but they may help to give people an idea of their general mental profile that they can use to alter their actions, or at least come to an understanding and accepting of themselves. Or like me with autism, a chance to see the strengths within the disorder, and lean into those.

Of course I don't advocate for diagnosing yourself (giving yourself 100% surety that you definitely have one specific thing), but if you don't have access to a psychologist, it doesn't hurt to look into it yourself. Just don't stop on the first thing that dings your bell (So to speak). Giving yourself an unofficial diagnosis is a process that takes a lot of time and study, and persistently knowing that you could always be wrong (unless you've got photographic memory and manage to read the entire DSM-5, lol..).

Last edited:
Strongly agree. I know this for a fact. I have spoken to multiple people from America that are unable to get benefits. One even has extreme physical abnormalities that make most of life physically painful for him. America is messed, lol..

It's not just autism, it's everything. Unless it's a clear cut case, you have to jump through a million hoops to prove you can't work. Look at it as a way of cutting down on fraud, which actually happens a lot.

That's why I told him to look into it, instead of saying "YOU DEFINITELY HAVE THIS!".
I also get that there are plenty of other disorders that share the same symptoms. I was sure for most of my life that I had ADHD because of something my psychologist told the group-home staff when I was 5. When I was about to get the diagnosis last year, I was sure that I was manic depressive (more commonly known in the modern day as 'bipolar').

But after I got the diagnosis, I went over a bunch of videos on youtube from people with autism, and yea, that made a lot more sense. But tbh, I think depression can be coupled with nearly every disorder in the same way that fatigue can be coupled with many physical ailments; as people do tend to get depressed when they're treated differently from everyone else just because of the way they're born.

Either way, it's good to know/find out, because the one thing that drove me nearly batshit crazy before my diagnosis, was the idea that nothing would be found. It's not a matter of needing an excuse for anything, but rather, a reason. Because when you try your best at everything, and still fail, or fall short of your peers, then get told there's nothing wrong with you, you're completely normal, it's enough to drive you crazy.

You specifically mentioned autism, which will make them go look it up and could potentially see a lot of "symptoms" they have for it and then be all "oh I have that" and not bother to look at anyone else. Yes, if an individual thinks there might be something off, they should get evaluated, but they should not assume they have one thing or another because it's impossible to know without going to a professional to find out.

Like, imagine your 2000$ dishwasher didn't work properly, and only cleaned 70-90% of the dishes, when everyone else you know has the same dishwasher and it works just fine (cleans their dishes 100% every time). So, you get a repairman and he works on it for hours, right into the night, starts to pack it up, and when asked, tells you that it's completely fine, nothing is wrong with it at all. You know that something isn't right, but everyone you talk to about it denies it, and tells you it's perfectly fine.

Actually, I would call my ex, who would likely laugh at me and tell me it's my water...which it would be. He may come over to clean out the pipes and whatnot, but that's about it. I actually know a bit about plumbing. But that's besides the point. All you're doing here is assuming I know nothing. You'd be quite wrong about that.

I'm guessing from the things that you're saying though, that you are perhaps frustrated because the the American financial wall that would prevent you from getting any form of diagnosis even if you wanted it, then the even bigger wall to get on disability, even if you gained any form of diagnosis. Or like many people with disorders, you see more merit in fixing yourself without a diagnosis, and while that is respectable; I can tell you, because I've been down that path, that it's much much harder without that cipher to discover how/why you're different in the first place.

I mean none of the above as judgement btw. I'm just hanging a guess based on my conversations with you, that you've likely got some form of social (and/or paranoid) disorder, whatever that may be. And that's nothing to be ashamed of. Many people have them these days. It's not 'precious snowflake syndrome'. It has to do with how screwed up our society is, socially speaking. And while I'm not a psychologist, psychology is my wheelhouse, and I fully advocate for people knowing what's going on inside their brains (so that isn't just sitting there as another obstacle blocking their path to happiness).

Sorry, but are you trying to insinuate that I have autism or some other disorder? I don't, pretty sure I already told you that. I'm not looking for a handout either, I'm perfectly fine with working to make my own way. I even enjoy it most of the time. I don't need or want the government to pay my way. I also have several volunteer positions. I have no issues at all with being social and I'm not paranoid. Stop trying to analyze me, you'll likely be wrong on every count.

And while many people may not have access to a psychologist, there are a number of online tests, as well as symptom lists for disorders. Those won't get anyone on disability and obviously they aren't official at all, but they may help to give people an idea of their general mental profile that they can use to alter their actions, or at least come to an understanding and accepting of themselves. Or like me with autism, a chance to see the strengths within the disorder, and lean into those.

Of course I don't advocate for diagnosing yourself (giving yourself 100% surety that you definitely have one specific thing), but if you don't have access to a psychologist, it doesn't hurt to look into it yourself. Just don't stop on the first thing that dings your bell (So to speak). Giving yourself an unofficial diagnosis is a process that takes a lot of time and study, and persistently knowing that you could always be wrong (unless you've got photographic memory and manage to read the entire DSM-5, lol..).

Oh hey, take an online quiz that amounts to going on WebMD and self diagnosing and being told you have cancer, because it could be any number of things, but let's just always go with the worse case scenario. You shouldn't even suggest that honeysuckle because you (generalized you) don't have the proper education and professionalism to even come close to know what to look for. Hell, there are a lot of doctors who won't even diagnose autism because "it's over diagnosed." It takes hours and even days to get a proper diagnosis, but sure, just go ahead and tell people to self diagnose and I don't care if you say you don't advocate for that, that's exactly what you did here.

I've often felt that way, probably because I have been tested in the past as having much higher than average IQ...
That being said, I've learned to shape my thought process diffently for various reasons. Not the least of which is the fact that it lures you into a false sens of superiority when it's not warranted and the fact that it compounds and encourages anti-social behaviors, as I'm sure you've experienced. In other words, it doesn't mean you are, it doesn't mean you do, but you'll always believe you're right, which in my experience inhibits real knowledge, often the result of the clash of two opposing ideas.
You may want to explore that before making a judgment call on other people based solely on your own opinions."I know nothing"by Socrates, if you get my point.

It's not just autism, it's everything.
I didn't even mention autism in the paragraph you responded to.. and I literally said what you said in your response to what I said. If someone with extreme physical abnormalities can't get it, then ya.. pretty much 'everything'.

Seriously, you can't even be agreeable to a response that is specifically agreeing with you?

You specifically mentioned autism, which will make them go look it up and could potentially see a lot of "symptoms" they have for it and then be all "oh I have that" and not bother to look at anyone else. Yes, if an individual thinks there might be something off, they should get evaluated, but they should not assume they have one thing or another because it's impossible to know without going to a professional to find out.
No, I specifically mentioned in my last reply, agreeing with you AGAIN, that different disorders can share similar traits.. and not to ever assume 100% surety on anything without an official diagnosis. Do you even read anything I type, or just skim through it for anything to attack me with..

Actually, I would call my ex, who would likely laugh at me and tell me it's my water...which it would be. He may come over to clean out the pipes and whatnot, but that's about it. I actually know a bit about plumbing. But that's besides the point. All you're doing here is assuming I know nothing. You'd be quite wrong about that.
Well.. Reading comprehension clearly isn't one of your strong suites.. You just answered in literal terms to something that was clearly meant as a parallel example to build context.

Sorry, but are you trying to insinuate that I have autism or some other disorder? I don't, pretty sure I already told you that. I'm not looking for a handout either, I'm perfectly fine with working to make my own way. I even enjoy it most of the time. I don't need or want the government to pay my way. I also have several volunteer positions. I have no issues at all with being social and I'm not paranoid. Stop trying to analyze me, you'll likely be wrong on every count.
Again, said nothing about autism in that entire two paragraphs you're replying to here.. You're the one that seems to assume that I'm an idiot. I don't just go around tossin autism diagnosis's at everyone because I have it. But having it (along with A LOT of research into psychology and mental disorders in general over the years) allows me to better sense when others LIKELY have it. And no, I do not sense it on you.

Also, a social disorder doesn't mean you can't be social, lol.. It means you can't socialize in a manner of which others find acceptable (IE disagreeing with anything someone says, even when they're agreeing with you).

Oh hey, take an online quiz that amounts to going on WebMD and self diagnosing and being told you have cancer, because it could be any number of things, but let's just always go with the worse case scenario. You shouldn't even suggest that honeysuckle because you (generalized you) don't have the proper education and professionalism to even come close to know what to look for. Hell, there are a lot of doctors who won't even diagnose autism because "it's over diagnosed." It takes hours and even days to get a proper diagnosis, but sure, just go ahead and tell people to self diagnose and I don't care if you say you don't advocate for that, that's exactly what you did here.
Them are some shitty Dr's then.. That's like not diagnosing cancer because it's over diagnosed.. Either you have it or you don't, it's not made up..

Again, I said, never to assume 100% surety with anything you find on your own. And only said that in the case of which people are unable to attain professional help. What's the alternative? Suffer in silence until you off yourself? I'm guessing from the way that you talk, that you're one of those ignorant types that figures you can just muscle through any form of mental disorder; one of those patriotic Muricans that thinks getting a job, drinking booze, or fuckin someone are the only fixes to life problems, and those things somehow fix mental disorders (since as far as a lot of people are concerned, those are 'made up'). IF you actually are one of those types, then please just stop replying to my threads, as you will legitimately piss me off.

I'm truly not the hostile type, but, blind driven ignorance will work my last nerves. If people don't know things, that's fine, but refusing to acknowledge facts and spoken words because they go against your apparent smear campaign on me, is just beyond irritating.

I really don't know why I'm bothering. I know exactly what will happen, since I'm not the ignorant, alcoholic simpleton you seem to think I am. But one more time

I didn't even mention autism in the paragraph you responded to.. and I literally said what you said in your response to what I said. If someone with extreme physical abnormalities can't get it, then ya.. pretty much 'everything'.

Seriously, you can't even be agreeable to a response that is specifically agreeing with you?

So you just read the part you quoted? Because I'm pretty **** sure my point of that entire paragraph was to provide more insight into how disability benefits work in America.

No, I specifically mentioned in my last reply, agreeing with you AGAIN, that different disorders can share similar traits.. and not to ever assume 100% surety on anything without an official diagnosis. Do you even read anything I type, or just skim through it for anything to attack me with..

I never said you didn't say "it could be something else," I believe I said when you mention something SPECIFICALLY like you actually did, they will take that and run with it 9 times out of 10 if it's anywhere close to matching what they have.

Well.. Reading comprehension clearly isn't one of your strong suites.. You just answered in literal terms to something that was clearly meant as a parallel example to build context.

I'm actually quite good at reading comprehension, but you don't seem too good on reading between the lines. Did you see the part where I said that it's besides the point? That would indicate that it was I went literal, but it has nothing to do with what I want to say. And after that, I said you assume I know nothing, which would be wrong.

Again, said nothing about autism in that entire two paragraphs you're replying to here.. You're the one that seems to assume that I'm an idiot. I don't just go around tossin autism diagnosis's at everyone because I have it. But having it (along with A LOT of research into psychology and mental disorders in general over the years) allows me to better sense when others LIKELY have it. And no, I do not sense it on you.

Also, a social disorder doesn't mean you can't be social, lol.. It means you can't socialize in a manner of which others find acceptable (IE disagreeing with anything someone says, even when they're agreeing with you).

"Autism or some other disorder" followed by a question mark means that it's a question looking for an answer. I am well aware of what you wrote. And no, having it doesn't give you any more authority to "sense" it on people than it does any other random person. That would be like saying you can "sense" cancer simply by having it yourself. You may see traits here and there, but you couldn't possibly know if it autism or something else.
And please, you really think you are the only one who has done research? Not hardly. As I said, you would be wrong to assume I know nothing.

I am also well aware of what social disorders are. I have no issues socializing in a civilized manner with anyone, even people I don't generally care for. In fact, there are quite a lot of people who enjoy talking to me here on this forum and in real life.

Them are some shitty Dr's then.. That's like not diagnosing cancer because it's over diagnosed.. Either you have it or you don't, it's not made up..

Again, I said, never to assume 100% surety with anything you find on your own. And only said that in the case of which people are unable to attain professional help. What's the alternative? Suffer in silence until you off yourself? I'm guessing from the way that you talk, that you're one of those ignorant types that figures you can just muscle through any form of mental disorder; one of those patriotic Muricans that thinks getting a job, drinking booze, or fuckin someone are the only fixes to life problems, and those things somehow fix mental disorders (since as far as a lot of people are concerned, those are 'made up'). IF you actually are one of those types, then please just stop replying to my threads, as you will legitimately piss me off.

I'm truly not the hostile type, but, blind driven ignorance will work my last nerves. If people don't know things, that's fine, but refusing to acknowledge facts and spoken words because they go against your apparent smear campaign on me, is just beyond irritating.

There are shitty doctors everywhere, especially in places away from big cities where there are little to no people who actually understand anything beyond ADHD/ADD.

It doesn't matter what you say about surety. If you say it, people will run with it. You (I think it was you, if it wasn't, sorry) sit there and post about the media spewing bullshit and how the education system sucks and how people are sheep, but then turn around and try to give them a honeysuckle ton of credit about doing research? How is that even logical? People generally tend to want easy answers, so if they look up the traits of autism and it matches, they are going to run with it, whether they have it or not. I've seen it before... even here on this forum, actually.

The rest of it...well, let's just say you are EXTREMELY off your mark because I won't lower myself to insulting you like you've insulted me in every reply. Just because I don't go into detail in every single one of my posts and write novels doesn't mean I don't know anything. But yeah, as I said at the start, I know exactly how this will go, so I'll just tell you like I tell others. Maybe you should look at how you are talking to people if you want to claim you like to debate. Because you don't debate, you debase.

I really don't know why I'm bothering. I know exactly what will happen, since I'm not the ignorant, alcoholic simpleton you seem to think I am. But one more time
This is clearly going to end well..

So you just read the part you quoted? Because I'm pretty **** sure my point of that entire paragraph was to provide more insight into how disability benefits work in America.
The 'part' I quoted? I quoted the entire paragraph, lol... And for the record, it's not 'impossible to know without a professional', When I told my mother I had it, she responded that she had suspected it when I was young, and brought it up to my school/group home at the time. It was the professionals, that insisted I didn't have it.. Just goes to prove that just because you don't have an official piece of paper, doesn't mean that you're incapable of 'reading the room' so to speak. TBH, that's a mentality that irritates me; like, that people shouldn't research things themselves and should only ever rely on 'professionals' .

Even professionals make mistakes. It's not like they're all-knowing gods on the subject just because they went to school for it. People should be taught to expand their minds and think outside of the box. Not to 'stay in their lane' (general quote). As I said, the trick is to not assume anything for certain without a professional. It's one thing to come up with your own theory and to work with that, it's another to assume you're definitively right without any other outside opinion.

I never said you didn't say "it could be something else," I believe I said when you mention something SPECIFICALLY like you actually did, they will take that and run with it 9 times out of 10 if it's anywhere close to matching what they have.
So now you're the one assuming most people are stupid. And for the record, to correct myself, I don't think most people are stupid, I think most people are ignorant (willfully stupid) because they refuse to think outside of the box that's been built for them by society. But anyone with half a brain knows that relying upon a self-diagnosis to get through life is a bad idea. I only set it there under the context in which it's the last/only resort. But anyone ignorant enough to take a self diagnosis and run with it, then refuse professional help or outside opinion that contradicts their own findings, imho, that's on them, lol.. Like, have a nice life, I told you not to do that, but have fun with your self diagnosis.

Also, if you'd been thoroughly paying attention, you'd realize that even though I say 'most people are idiots' (relatively speaking); I actually tend to assume that they're smart when speaking to them. It's them who (more often than not) prove themselves to be idiots, lol..

And to be frank, I do feel some entitlement to call people out on it. After a lifetime of being treated like a total tard myself just because of my nasally speech and social difficulties; being treated like this by a society that has so little tolerance of people like me, because we don't come copy/paste fresh off the assembly block.. It was like finding a damned gold rush learning what I did about autism (and by connection, about myself). So yea, excuse me if I embellish a little.

you assume I know nothing, which would be wrong.
Actually, to the contrary, I tend to assume people know all that I know (innocent until proven guilty stance), it's only after finding that they don't in which I change things up. If you argue against me, I'm going to explain my side of the argument. If you already know the things I'm explaining then.. don't argue?

And 'besides the point' doesn't necessarily dismiss everything said before it, if the words following that, can in any way be connected to the words before it. Your comment on me assuming you don't know anything seemed to have a potential connection to your apparent skills in plumbing (which again, have nothing to do with anything, lol..).
no, having it doesn't give you any more authority to "sense" it on people than it does any other random person. That would be like saying you can "sense" cancer simply by having it yourself.
This wins the prize for the dumbest thing I've heard all week. Sorry, no offense intended but it is a truly stupid comparison. Obviously I didn't mean 'sense' it like I'm spiderman and my senses are tingling. I mean that I am well aware of all the symptoms that come from having autism, and when someone describes themself in the way the OP did, that resonated with symptoms of autism, as well as much of the specific ways I felt before my own diagnosis.
But maybe if you're talking skin cancer, if someone has skin cancer, they may recognize it on someone else. And on that note, if they didn't say anything, and instead just let it get worse (in the other person), that'd be a bit of a dick move.

Sure I coulda been non-specific about it and just told the guy 'get professional help' but that's a total cliché, and also comes across as completely condescending, rather than empathetic in any way.

Let me ask you this, if you recognize stroke symptoms in a loved one (assuming you know what the stroke symptoms are), do you tell them, 'It looks like you're having symptoms that could be related to an impending stroke.." Or do you blandly and mysteriously just walk up and tell them to go to the DR?

You may see traits here and there, but you couldn't possibly know if it autism or something else.
Hence why I immediately followed that with 'you should look into it (IE; get it checked by a professional).

There are shitty doctors everywhere, especially in places away from big cities where there are little to no people who actually understand anything beyond ADHD/ADD.
Suppose I can agree with that.
People generally tend to want easy answers, so if they look up the traits of autism and it matches, they are going to run with it, whether they have it or not. I've seen it before... even here on this forum, actually.
Maybe, LOL.. But tbh that's on them. They wanna screw up their lives because they're THAT lazy/incompetent, well, that's on them. I don't cater my dialog for ignorant people. IMHO, they should be Darwin'ed outta existence.

Just because I don't go into detail in every single one of my posts and write novels doesn't mean I don't know anything.
But it comes across that way. You know it does. The 'I'm right, you're wrong, shut up now.' stance doesn't exactly win Nobel prizes, lol.. (Yes, obviously nothing in a forum conversation does, I'm just being facetious).

Actually, it resonates well with the term 'If you've got nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all'. Just replace 'nice' with 'smart'. Because it only hurts your own image when you insist on coming in to an argument but are unwilling to argue/debate. If you know stuff, say what you know, otherwise don't say you know stuff, or say nothing at all. This isn't the American Civil war of 1862, you're not winning anything with painted logs (AKA; 'Quaker guns').
Because you don't debate, you debase.
Mostly counter attacks because of your presumptuous manner. I prefer to keep hostilities out of debate.

I've often felt that way, probably because I have been tested in the past as having much higher than average IQ...
That being said, I've learned to shape my thought process diffently for various reasons. Not the least of which is the fact that it lures you into a false sens of superiority when it's not warranted and the fact that it compounds and encourages anti-social behaviors, as I'm sure you've experienced. In other words, it doesn't mean you are, it doesn't mean you do, but you'll always believe you're right, which in my experience inhibits real knowledge, often the result of the clash of two opposing ideas.
You may want to explore that before making a judgment call on other people based solely on your own opinions."I know nothing"by Socrates, if you get my point.
This is already the way I think. It may not have appeared as such on these forums, but mainly because I've been fending off persistent arguments from someone that refuses to offer enough/any valid evidence to overturn most of what I've been saying. Yea, I get it, I've come across as condescending to some extent, but that doesn't make my side of the debate wrong; it only makes it more difficult to emphasize with. I'm not saying she (or anyone else) has to agree with me, but at least look at the topic from more than one singular angle, and make a solid unbiased attempt to figure out why I'm making the arguments in the first place.

Seriously, for as much as I've said, all she's come back at me with is, basically that I'm telling everyone to go diagnose themselves with autism (or whatever else) and run with it, and that I'm attacking her. Like, maybe consider arguments that are less ignorant to my point of view and I won't feel the need to attack or question your (her) intellectual competence. But if you constantly question my intellect, integrity, and intent with every reply, then you're **** rights I'm gonna fire back. It's like being a comedian at a club and every club you go to you're followed by the same heckler that makes every attempt to ruin your show, and make you look like the idiot.

Side note, being a passive aggressive dick, doesn't make you less of a dick.

Nearly every densely worded post/thread I make these days is either in an attempt to help someone, or to enlighten people on lesser known/talked about subjects. So being talked down to by people that don't understand my intentions, is just bloody annoying.. I brought up the autism topic in an attempt to enlighten people on the disorder, since many people likely have it in their heads that autistic people are people that walk around in diapers dribbling rubber balls all day (And no, I don't do either of those, it's just an ignorant stereotype is all).

Last edited:
Lol passive agressive dick? What are you on about? I'm a full on certifiable and unapologetic dick and you sir, are so engrossed in your own echochamber of thought you don't even see past your own bubble.
I disagree and have been argued against by members of this site,sometimes vehemently so, for years. Members I consider great friends. Their views have forced me to explore ideas I was integrally opposed to and has allowed me to better understand others, but more importantly, myself.
If, for all your so called intelligence, you can still have the unmitigated idiocy to include words like"my side" and view the entire exercise of this website as a war,well, you may be autistic, but that only makes you an autistic FOOL.
And if you were that smart, you might have wondered that the author of said last sentence being interpreted in a condescending way is not a native english user and hesitated to reword it or not but felt the point was more important than the interpretation, might have given you some pause. But you're not here for debate or exploration,are you? You're here for "your side". Self-validation. Have fun on your side, I'll join the non-combattants and stiffle a laugh when a bullet whizzes by.

This whole debate might have been interesting but it's devolved into callousness and petty name-calling, of which I am now a part of as well. What a selfish, self-centered waste of time. Look at how stupid you've helped me to be.

Last edited:
I'm only correcting you and then I'm dropping the matter because this thread has, at this point been seriously hijacked and it's not fair to the OP.

The 'part' I quoted? I quoted the entire paragraph, lol

Actually you didn't. You took out everything except "It's not just autism, it's everything" There was more to the paragraph than that. thanks.

So now you're the one assuming most people are stupid.

Nope, just lazy. There's a difference. Most people will not go to the efforts of thoroughly researching.

And for the record, to correct myself, I don't think most people are stupid, I think most people are ignorant (willfully stupid) because they refuse to think outside of the box that's been built for them by society.

Actually, to the contrary, I tend to assume people know all that I know (innocent until proven guilty stance), it's only after finding that they don't in which I change things up.

This one I have to call you out on considering you made a thread pretty much devoted to calling most NT people stupid....as quoted below.

and we're too smart to converse well with stupid people (most neurotypicals in the modern day).

Sure I coulda been non-specific about it and just told the guy 'get professional help' but that's a total cliché, and also comes across as completely condescending, rather than empathetic in any way.

You can only think to word it that way? You couldn't say something along the lines of "hey, I could be wrong, but I see some traits in you that could be caused by several disorders. It might not hurt to get evaluated to see if you can get some assistance learning to cope with things better" I also see traits that could be many things, but I never throw out any specific thing because of how many things it could be. Hell, people hear the word "cyst" and automatically go toward cancer and thinking they have it. It's no different with words like autism

Let me ask you this, if you recognize stroke symptoms in a loved one (assuming you know what the stroke symptoms are), do you tell them, 'It looks like you're having symptoms that could be related to an impending stroke.." Or do you blandly and mysteriously just walk up and tell them to go to the DR?

Depends on where I am. If I'm near my ex, I would call his girlfriend who is a paramedic. If I'm near a hospital, I would drive them myself. If I'm in the middle of nowhere, I would call 911 and/or drive them to a hospital. And yes, if someone wanted me to drive them to get evaluated, I would do that as well.

MHO, they should be Darwin'ed outta existence.

Seriously? So you're God now? Or perhaps judge and jury? Check your ego, dude, it's way overinflated.

Latest posts

Back