Being left behind in the world

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eternitydreamer

Reaction score
So some of the people I went to school with are now married and some even have children. Then the rest of them have a relationship or are engaged. I am 24 and not once even went on a date. 

These people (married) were privileged people, in the brainiac classes or bullied me. Those engaged didn't like me. Some of the married ones even had school friends at their weddings. Even professional photoshoots.

I can't help but feel I've been left behind in this world, like somehow this world doesn't want me. I've attempted online dating for 8 years and only had disasters, no dates and creepy older men. I've attempted online friendships nothing worked out. I've even tried groups and communities. I don't get what is so flawed with me. I am not exactly good looking. The only decent photos I can get are highly edited or tricks of the camera. I feel I've wasted my life but I've honestly tried. I have never even had a boyfriend

I am polite, smile and consider myself a genuine person. 

What is so wrong with me?

Hey Eternitydreamer I can relate, my sister is married with a kid, and one of my old college friends just got engaged, and I've pretty much never had a relationship before. But try not to place your own self worth on your relationship status. ( I know it's easier said than done). Just because you're single doesn't mean that there's anything wrong with you.

Try to find hobbies or interests to keep yourself busy, join a gym, go for a walk while listening to music, play sudoku or do some reading.

You're still young and you haven't wasted your life, you still have time to live a fulfilling life either by yourself or with someone else.

Try not to focus too much on being single and try to enjoy life to the best of your abilities watch some documentaries, listen to podcasts maybe try to learn a musical instrument these will make you a more interesting person as well so it could lead to meeting someone.

I wish I had more advice to give you, just know that being single doesn't make you any less of person or anything like that.

*hugs* :)

I know but it's so "normal" to have a relationship. I've never been normal. I feel so envious and flawed I can't be normal to the extent I've had a relationship or had anyone interested in me. I certainly have tried a few things but I'm just too "strange" to other people

I agree with evanescensefan. If you are happy with yourself, I think that you will find socializing will come more easily. Everyone's advice to me was to be happy with myself and that relationships would come. You just have to learn to value yourself as a person. I am turning 30 on Wednesday and I am not married, or in a relationship right now, but I am learning to be happy with myself and accepting myself as I am.

My daughter Katy has just finished reading a book called Insecure in Love by Leslie Becker-Phelps, Ph.D and another by the same author called Love: The Psychology of Attraction which she found very helpful. 

Out of curiosity of the author, I found this clinical psychologist had blogged some amazing stuff, so Katy and I are working through her inner pain using Leslie Becker-Phelps' useful info.

The first one: Overcoming Loneliness

and the second blog: Relationships

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/making-change/201401/overcoming-loneliness
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/making-change/201401/overcoming-loneliness

I can relate a bit, and there is nothing wrong with you, sounds like your a good person and im sure you will find some one nice one day, you got many years ahead of you so no need to rush, focus on yourself, if people dont like or understand who you are then pretty sure they arent the people for you.

I shoulnt probably give any advice cause im kind of messed up, I distanced myself from people many years ago, it got to a point where i hated most people i met, cause i felt everyone was so fake, but anywho, I seen people post a lot of good things for you in this thread.

Hey add me I'm single since born 😱 omg no one believe
Never had anyone in person well tried ldr but didn't work😒
I think my companion is lost , she forgot to born.

Haruki said:
Hey add me I'm single since born 😱 omg no one believe
Never had anyone in person well tried ldr but didn't work😒
I think my companion is lost , she forgot to born.

What?

Latest posts

Back