Bell's Palsy

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 188522

Reaction score
Has anyone on the forum ever had or known someone who had Bell's Palsy? Ironically, I wanted not to socialize with family at my daughter's wedding. Well, now I have an out. I can't speak well as the right side of my face is paralyzed. No sympathy is needed. It is usually a temporary situation.

Has anyone on the forum ever had or known someone who had Bell's Palsy? Ironically, I wanted not to socialize with family at my daughter's wedding. Well, now I have an out. I can't speak well as the right side of my face is paralyzed. No sympathy is needed. It is usually a temporary situation.
That sucks. But, if you can use it to your advantage go for it!

If you do go to the wedding, maybe you can scream really mean nasty things at the people who deserve it and then say it's your Tourettes Syndrome and then laugh inside. ;)

That's shitty. :confused:
I kind of understand...
I have nerve damage in my lower back and had to re-teach myself how to yawn.
Apparently when you yawn, your facial muscles pull on that bundle of nerves.
If I yawn looking forward, it pulls those nerves and I end up sort of collapsing into fetal position until the tension releases.
I had to re-teach myself to look left or right when yawning, so that it pulls my nerves in a different direction so that doesn't happen.
Trouble is, even though I know that, it's really easy to forget. 😅
So I'm at work just doing my job and yawn and all of the sudden my boss is like OMG are you okay??
I'm just like: I'm fine, just, let me lay here for a few minutes...

Latest posts

Back