~#@@ BJD'S DAILY WISDOM THREAD @@#~

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Badjedidude

Reaction score
That's right! See how special my little title banner is? That shows you that this is going to be something AMAZZZZIIINNNNGGGGGG. So heads up and open your goddamn ears. I am now announcing...

BJD's DAILY WISDOM THREAD!!!

Yaayyyyy!!!

Here's how it works:

Every day, I will post a new wise --usually humorous-- saying or phrase. Then I will expand upon that saying, explain it a bit, or just generally make a little rant about how it's either true or untrue. I'm doing this for entertainment's sake, but also hoping that someone (mostly me) might learn something from some of these sayings and phrases.

ALRIGHT... SO OUR FIRST WISE SAYING IS...

Sunday -- 6 November 2011

"A man who thinks he is more intelligent than his wife is married to a very, very intelligent woman."

...because a smart woman will let her man THINK that he is smarter. As annoying as that makes the man, it actually makes things easier for the woman and it makes the man happy. It's like the old saying... would you rather be happy? Or correct?

I think this goes both ways. Each person in a relationship should strive to make the other feel smarter than they are; and if they believe that, THEN LET THEM BELIEVE IT!! What do you gain by shoving your intelligence in your partner's face?

Too many relationships become a battle and a competition of who is smarter and who is the dumb one. Wouldn't it be more conducive to peace in the relationship if BOTH members let the other think they're smarter?

Or... why can't we just believe that our partners are JUST AS smart as we, but in different ways? Street smart, common sense, science smart, history smart, reading/writing proficiency... we all have different strengths. There's no reason to be a dick and try to dominate the one we love by forcing our "intelligence" on them.

Well, that's kinda all I have to think about for today. Stay tuned for more wise sayings from BJD!! :D

P.S. Feel free to post your own wise sayings/pieces of wisdom that you have!

Wouldn't/couldn't this all just end up to be battles over who is dumber? LOL

"I'm the dumb one." ... "No! I'm the dumb one, you're so smart." ... "but Baby, I've always been dumber than you ..... that's why I married you."

:/

Lift weight, get big, get a car and fresia chicks!

and eat catfish!

I was thinking that rabbit lol rather thats the first thing that crossed my mind lmao. Just like Socially awkward penguin. 1. You make a joke 2. You start explaining the joke. xD lmao

7 November 2011

"Half the fun of remembering is the rearranging."

So true.

Our memories are never perfect to the point where we can recall to the tiniest detail everything that's happened in our lives. Combine that with the fact that our perceptions taint what we see WHEN we see it, and our perceptions AGAIN taint what we see when we look back. Every time we look back to remember something, we're shifting through memories and rearranging things we've experienced.

I guess the moral here is...

There's a reason you hated that guy/girl; there's a reason that your ex is your ex... there's a reason you've loved who you've loved. Try to forget what you remember about those in your past and forgive them because they are human.

Like you.

P.S. fresia YOU WISDOM HATERS LOL I KEEP GOING BITCHES

"Is it my bedtime yet?"

images

Badjedidude said:
There's no reason to be...forcing our...dick...on them.

Badjedidude said:
Every time we look...to...human...taint...we're shifting through...the tiniest...dick...we've experienced.

Ok I know this is dumb, but I'm really sleep deprived and have been laughing at this for like 20 min straight now xD

^^^LOL thanks for paraphrasing my wisdom, Ryan. XD haha

9 November 2011

"Snap judgment has a way of becoming unfastened."

True, true, true.

Now, for the record, I am a strong believer in following one's gut instincts. Because usually, for most of us, our gut instincts are correct, and we ignore them, then later we look back and say, "fresia I SHOULD HAVE DONE WHAT I FIRST WAS GONNA DO!!!"

So I think it's OK to follow your gut and make a snap judgment or choice.

But the trick is to stick with it only as long as it works. If your judgment starts to come unfastened and your choice unravels into a nightmare, then don't be afraid to admit that you'd made a mistake. After all.... it's never too late to change your approach to a problem. And if it is too late, then you can still save what's left of the situation if you're willing to let go of your snap decisions when they fail.

Sometimes they won't fail. Sometimes they will.

Just be aware that a snap judgment/decision should NOT be a permanent one.

Paraphrasing is fun :cool:

I often hope that people don't hold on to their snap judgments about me, because my first impressions are usually terrible. It's easy to get a bad reputation from a small amount of choices, and not so easy to change it once established.

10 November 2011

"A porch swing may sway a young lady."

This one's pretty simple, and it's for the guys.

******* SPEND TIME WITH A WOMAN IF YOU WANT HER TO LIKE/LOVE YOU!!!

...and not just sexy time. As boring as it may sound, you have to sit and talk to her and get to know the deepest parts of who she is. Or at least just remember her favorite color. Lots of guys forget to try to woo a woman through talk and through spending the quiet moments with her... they think it always has to be exciting and loud time, partying, taking her out dancing, etc etc.

Don't get me wrong; women like those things too.

But what seals the deal is the quiet alone time. Where you're not just trying to get into her pants.

Sit on that porch swing with her and just be content to have a girl next to you. You don't even have to talk. Just be there to spend time with her and watch the world together.

THAT is what will make a young lady yours, gents. ;)

Badjedidude said:
As boring as it may sound . . . dancing . . . with . . . out . . . pants . . . is . . . sexy . . . partying . . . time . . . woo . . . !!! Sit on . . . those . . . gents . . . lady . . . and . . . ******* . . . make . . . that porch swing . . . ;)

Latest posts

Back