Bland Food

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

motiv

So i used to have a really close group of friends, freshman year of college just about 5 years ago. Best time of my freakin' life. We had a year long thing we did, order papa john pizza, 3 large and some breadsticks every friday night. We eat and watch some movie we rented (or pirated) and after that, at about 8 pm or so we play Halo over the lan network on campus, (for those interested blood gulch, capture the flag 8 v 8 dorm vs dorm match). Like i said before, best time of my freakin' life.

Fast foward 5 years, friends arent there anymore, i sorta lost contact with them over my depression time and comes today, me going back to school at my local community college (i didnt complete) and after good progress with study and very good results working out today i decided to order some pizza for myself for the first time since 5 years ago, and of course it was papa johns.

Had a few bites, memories came back to me, breadstick with garlic sauce, that pickled green pepper they give you (i was on the only one in our group that ate it, i personally love it) and although the pizza was steaming hot, and i was hungry... the food didnt taste the same. It was in many ways bland, the most boring pizza i can remember to date.

Then i had one of those moments where you feel like your in a movie, where the camera backs away from you from a 3rd perpective with the tv on in the background, on the dinner table in a dimly lit room with the pizza crust in my hands and my mouth slightly opened... and i started thinking to myself, "man... this ******* sucks."

Afterwards i just dropped what i was doing and went back to study with my ipod going, to maybe to forget my past and that crappy feeling not to long ago but its really getting to me. Now i am wondoring if anyone else here had these same feelings before and what did you do about it?

motiv said:
So i used to have a really close group of friends, freshman year of college just about 5 years ago. Best time of my freakin' life. We had a year long thing we did, order papa john pizza, 3 large and some breadsticks every friday night. We eat and watch some movie we rented (or pirated) and after that, at about 8 pm or so we play Halo over the lan network on campus, (for those interested blood gulch, capture the flag 8 v 8 dorm vs dorm match). Like i said before, best time of my freakin' life.

Fast foward 5 years, friends arent there anymore, i sorta lost contact with them over my depression time and comes today, me going back to school at my local community college (i didnt complete) and after good progress with study and very good results working out today i decided to order some pizza for myself for the first time since 5 years ago, and of course it was papa johns.

Had a few bites, memories came back to me, breadstick with garlic sauce, that pickled green pepper they give you (i was on the only one in our group that ate it, i personally love it) and although the pizza was steaming hot, and i was hungry... the food didnt taste the same. It was in many ways bland, the most boring pizza i can remember to date.

Then i had one of those moments where you feel like your in a movie, where the camera backs away from you from a 3rd perpective with the tv on in the background, on the dinner table in a dimly lit room with the pizza crust in my hands and my mouth slightly opened... and i started thinking to myself, "man... this ******* sucks."

Afterwards i just dropped what i was doing and went back to study with my ipod going, to maybe to forget my past and that crappy feeling not to long ago but its really getting to me. Now i am wondoring if anyone else here had these same feelings before and what did you do about it?

Haha, great post ... I know the feelings --- how strange things like songs and foods bring back memories you thought were buried. Just distract yourself till the moment passes, and probably try a new pizza place. Hope school keeps going well for you!

motiv said:
So i used to have a really close group of friends, freshman year of college just about 5 years ago. Best time of my freakin' life. We had a year long thing we did, ... We eat and watch some movie we rented (or pirated) and after that... 8 pm or so we ...... Like i said before, best time of my freakin' life.

Fast foward 5 years, friends arent there anymore, i sorta lost contact with them over
what happened and I had to move...
..M. used to have his snake and would let it out and no one knew from which corner of the couch that creepy creature would ..ssssss...in ur ear...it was funny how A. jumped up then..lol...and how R. was so dumb he couldn't figure out how to put together this plastic christmas tree , it was a freken puzzle to him..I wouldn't help out cause it was too funny to watch him from the side.lol...every night we would hang out in his apartment..I forgot what my mother looked liked ..almost never lived at home..And M.'s tiny dog, that followed him to the bathroom , jumped up and bit me on my butt every time I hugged him...I used to kick that mean and jealous b... lol
Freaken neighbors never said Hi to us..for blasting music at night..
what ever I never cared what people thought about us, did what we wanted for fun, never regreted anything..

I will probably get a snake soon lol...

And now I look at their pics, a few of them, and realize how stupid I was, I shoud have taken millions, like rolls and rolls and rolls and rolls of film a day and should have taped them..I just thought that this was gonna last for ever and we and our kids would hang out together..How silly they were... falling off the couch knocked out..I would love to see all that action and hanging out today...I've forgotten half of it by now...but maybe its better that I didn't...it would be too sad to watch it now... and I hate to miss ppl and my past, half of me still lives there...and it was about 5 yrs . ago

Latest posts

Back