Boxed in

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Closetdweller

He Who Must Not Be Harassed Before Coffee
Reaction score
When I was little, my mother was abused by my father. He cared a lot more about his games than he would for others. I was abused too. But I grew up to adore gaming and anything technological, but even my mom admits that she had bias against it because of her ex-husband. In 2020, i didn't have anything, no phone, no laptop, no connections to the outside world. They keep thinking that electronics are about me wasting time, but I'm a constant visitor to Apple Pages because of how much I write, I go to SoloLearn and Khan Academy to learn what I want to learn about. I also use forums and discord in order to reach out about my problems at home, but they always disregard my enjoyment and activley prevent me from getting a device of my own even if I had money or if i was "responsible" enough. Many others call me a responsible person, but it's my parents that constantly confused me as to what responsibility even is. I try to respect their wishes, but now I wonder if the respect they want is unquestioning obedience, they even have a rule against arguing their claims.

I'm now a senior less than a few months away from graduating and I am trying to set up my financial stuff and i needed technology to do so, but they still say no. And when I said "I'll remember this, that's all I can do.", they get so pissed off...I'm sorry if this is all mixed up but I'm just tired of being boxed in

If you'r capable of moving out, do so as soon as possible, and try to maintain contacts with at least a few friends so you don't isolate yourself. Best decision was moving out at 18 in my case

Latest posts

Back