Brain Damage

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StarDust

Life is a journey, not a destination 😉
Reaction score
Long time friend had a car accident just after xmas. At the hospital they run a CT scan. After review they run another CT scan. After review, they run a MRI. Male, 64 years old, brain tumor in frontal lobe. Doc says tumor been there, growing, for long time. They operated but could not remove all of the tumor, which was the size of a golf ball. Stitiched up with 70 staples! If you asked me about him last year, would say he is in great health, physically fit! Biopsy result: cancer 😥 Been reading online about cancer brain tumors and the stats are not very encouraging. Just keep thinking we should have shared more better times together. Too often said 'next time'. Just want to share this story to say don't waste opportunity and think next year, next month, or next week would be better. Make today count!

One of my ex's dating back from the late 1990's, she had discovered that she had a grapefruit sized brain tumour. The discovery was somehow made through complications with her infant daughters health.

Anyhow, she lost almost an entire hemisphere of her brain. The prognosis for recovery was not optimistic. However, to the best of my knowledge, she is still with us, perhaps 15 years on. Obviously, significant side effects, mainly diminished responsibility, and impulsive behaviour. But otherwise, fully functional.

I vehemently believe that the state of mind (pardon the unintended pun), has fundamental impact upon outcomes in these scenarios.

Sincerely sorry about your friend. Likewise, I hope it isn't effecting you too much.

Just thought I would share an update. My friend, G, was released from hospital on February 14, giving him some time to get his affairs in order. He is at end stage now. Has moments of hallucinations, losing cognitive skills - foggy brain and feeling dumb as he described it. His mobility/motor skills has started to be affected. He has an appointment on March 31 for MAID - medical assistance in dying.

Just thought I would share an update. My friend, G, was released from hospital on February 14, giving him some time to get his affairs in order. He is at end stage now. Has moments of hallucinations, losing cognitive skills - foggy brain and feeling dumb as he described it. His mobility/motor skills has started to be affected. He has an appointment on March 31 for MAID - medical assistance in dying.
I'm so sorry. I hope that you and he have been able to spend some quality time together. Sounds like he has a good friend by his side. Hugs.

Latest posts

Back