Breaking point at work.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jafo said:
Just wondering if anyone has ever reached the breaking point at their job to where they clock out and never come back. I'm getting to that point now. I just don't like my job anymore and am very unhappy there. It has affected my personal life and I think a job as insignificant as mine (which is in retail) shouldn't have that affect on me.

Good evening. New member here. :)
I'm very sorry to hear your struggles at the workplace and would love to share with you 10 reasons why you should quit your job & replace the word 'job' with LIFESTYLE.
This is a bit long, but I assure you it's worth it if you're willing to give it a read.

1. You always have to put your hand up to ask to go to the toilet. How annoying is that? Being free is your birthright. But many of us at work, it's like we're in kindergarten, we're back at school. No no no...No more lol.

2. You trade your time for money. Time is your most precious asset, time is money. When you truly realize every day you could live your dream, you start to fly high. Hope you're not afraid of heights. ;)

3. You have to hide your emotions. The emotion, is the energy in motion, therefore our emotions are our inner guidance system. So the more we are in tune with our emotions, we can uncover and reveal our deepest desires. Once we are out of tune with our emotions, we are out of tune with ourselves.
How are you? (your boss asks) I'm great, I'm fantastic, I'm fine. hahahaha...You know that one...Fine, an acronym. Fed up, insecure, neurotic, emotional. That's how I was along my journey.

4. Rushing your lunch breaks. I remember going to the park on my 1 hour lunch break & going "What, 30 minutes left?" Then 10 minutes left. "Oh my gosh." So I didn't even get to enjoy my lunch. :(

5. You can make more money. You have to love what you do and make it your lifestyle. Surround yourself with people who compliment your energy, not ones who steal it. When we stop needing to make money for financial security, we become wealthy and abundant. Wherever energy goes, energy grows. Follow your excitement and wake up with a huge smile every day. You'll find things take care of themselves when you stop worrying so much about it. It has to come from the heart.
The secret to making money is......not caring about money. Because money is the illusion. The true value is yourself, the currency. :D

6. Stop making other people rich. Rich people don't work, they supervise. You are really generous. Many of us, we are helping build someone else's dream and it's liberating to see that when you connect with those who remind you who you are, you know your true worth. You are really generous. Paying such high taxes. This is everything I was telling myself, which actually led me in the direction to become the greatest version of myself. :)

7. Do what you really love. Ask yourself, "Am I doing what I am passionate about?" The more you do what you love, you have higher productivity. That is a secret of success. It's not work when you love it. Many of us, we are in an environment which we are not resonating with, so we have torture, we don't even have a good productivity rate.

8. Let go of stress. I realized that the moment I started to work for myself and when I'm working for myself, I am working with other people, I am working for the elevation of planet earth. I feel alive. Stress disappears, anxiety disappears, panic attack, panic attack? What is that? ;)
Many of us, we are out of our natural bio-rhythm every time we have to wake up when it's not at a time which is in harmony with our natural essence.

9. Laughing at 1:35. The reason why they call a job "the contract", is because now you're contracting. When you smile, the lines of expansion, you're breaking out of the contract. That is why at work many times we can't just laugh out loud, because people will think you've gone crazy, you've gone bonkers. Laughing at 1:35 is an amazing experience, I do it all the time, because no one is there telling me that I can't laugh. I am free to do as I choose! :D

10. Lastly, you become your own master. Once you realize that you're a sovereign being (which means that you govern your own inner kingdom) you see that there is no reason for other people to dictate what you should be doing. All the power lies within yourself and you take 100% responsibility for your internal condition. I tell myself, "I am not a victim." And once you start working for yourself, you see that you are the architect of your own reality. :D

I mean this with all due respect and I'm not trying to tell anyone what to do, just wanted to share some tips that have helped me in my journey.
I hope this finds you well my friend.

Jafo said:
Just wondering if anyone has ever reached the breaking point at their job to where they clock out and never come back. I'm getting to that point now. I just don't like my job anymore and am very unhappy there. It has affected my personal life and I think a job as insignificant as mine (which is in retail) shouldn't have that affect on me.

Someone I know quit with a post-it on the door...

Jafo said:

Someone I know quit with a post-it on the boss' door, it said "I can't take it anymore" (true story)

Yesterday was my last day at my current job. Glad I won't be working there for the holidays and glad to be rid of certain people there. Start my new job on Monday. Not looking forward to it since it's still retail and I'll have more responsibility. Just gonna take it one day at a time.

Finally quit too. I'll be there until next sunday. Still haven't find another job but I'm not that pressured.

Xpendable said:
Finally quit too. I'll be there until next sunday. Still haven't find another job but I'm not that pressured.

I hope you find a new job soon.

With this new job I'm going to take a new approach. I let my last job affect my personal life way too much. I thought about my job 24/7 and that's not right. I'm now just going to clock in and once I clock out I'm not going to let it bother me. Also, as a part time asst. manager I'm no longer going to let customers treat me like honeysuckle. I don't care of they complain and it eventually costs me my job, but I'm done being treated like honeysuckle from people in my work and personal life. It ends now.

I had a breaking point at uni and stop going.
I started to have a breaking point at my old job but it was near the end of my contract so it was ok.

I think you should try to find another job before being very depressed and just not be able to work at all anymore. For me it was very hard to do something else after uni. For over a year (maybe even two ?) I was full NEET.

I'd try to get some kind of higher education, try to get into a well-paid trade, anything to get out of retail. Retail and fast food are poison to one's mood and self-esteem.

Yesterday was my last day. I will have my first free weekend in more than two years :)

Xpendable said:
Yesterday was my last day. I will have my first free weekend in more than two years :)

Contratulations! I hope you enjoy your free time.

Jafo said:

*nods* yea, that's how I'm feeling right now. I'm really close to just quitting and walking away

A while ago I worked at a large multinational company. It was three years of utter hell with the most self-absorbed colleagues ever. Constant workplace bullying took its toll on me as well as my relationship with my family. I could not sleep and dreaded going to work, often calling in sick because I could not get myself out of bed. The stress actually made me physically ill and shattered my confidence so I ended up going for counselling.

One morning I walked in and simply handed in my resignation. I didn't have anything else lined up when I left but found work 2 months later. It turned out to be another nightmare job where I simply walked out and never went back.

I've just finished a six month contract at THAT multinational company working with the same idiots but this time round my attitude was different. They tried their stunts and I just brushed them off, chatted to the few people I got along with and made sure that I focussed on my activities after work, art classes etc. They've asked me to go back for another six months, but I declined realising that I'm just not suited to that environment. Guess we all need to know our limits.

Things are going well at my new job. The stress level has gone down a lot.

This has happened to me also. Work/careers, if done right is something one can control so that's exactly what I did and never looked back.

I work to live not live to work.

Latest posts

Back