Browsing when uploading issue

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheWalkingDead

Reaction score
I always get the issue that when I am uploading to my cloud storage, I can't otherwise use the internet. This is whether I am uploading to a dedicated cloud storage app, or via browser (Firefox, Amazon Cloud storage) - all on laptop.

I realise it's because the upload process is using all the available upstream so the browser has nothing to connect to websites with in the meantime, but is there any way to fix this so I can use some bandwidth to check emails etc while uploading? It's not a major problem, as I can just leave it for 10 minutes while my big backup finishes uploading, but would be helpful to avoid the problem!

I searched on google but as always the case lately Google just comes up with completely useless results - a million pages on problems with uploading files but nothing on my issue. Of course getting rid of discussion search was still the worst thing they ever did and it gets more useless every day! :club:

Unless they have added it in the last couple months, the Amazon Cloud Drive application doesn't have a way to throttle the upload speed but some users have claimed that NetBalancer works well for them in throttling the bandwidth usage of Amazon Cloud Drives application.

Minus said:
Unless they have added it in the last couple months, the Amazon Cloud Drive application doesn't have a way to throttle the upload speed but some users have claimed that NetBalancer works well for them in throttling the bandwidth usage of Amazon Cloud Drives application.

Thanks! I think I had that installed on my old laptop but haven't put it on new one so I will give that a go!

Latest posts

Back