Bucket List Anyone?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 188522

Reaction score
Does anyone else have one? Although I don't leave my house, I can still dream. Here is mine. Take Lindsy Lessons, Visit Jaipur India, Visit New Orleans, Hot Air Balloon Ride, Kentuck Derby(People watch and wear a fabulous hat), For a new hobby, Buy a gun, and go to the shooting range. ( Before I became housebound, I did get my conceal carry permit, proud of myself ). I would love to hear yours.

Wow! That's great! Smart on the conceal carry. I have already accomplished everything that I wanted to do and taken care of all my responsibilities hence partly why I'm FINISHED.

But, the AI mate thread has given me new hope again. Ha! ha! But, alas it's a too far away goal.

On my bucket list are a bucket and a list. 😉

Ok, further explore California, Utah and Colorado. To go on a date whereby it starts on time, nobody mentions ex's, and she pays. And, just find my place in the world, again.

My "bucket" list used to be huge. I wanted to do too many things in life. A few years ago it was only to adopt a few dogs and cats and to buy a bicycle. Now only one thing - to exist and survive.

You knowwww I was thinking about this, I want to see the world, thats my bucket list, and not let fear of the unknown stop me.

I am going to the Mahe Islands next year, honestly, I didn't even know it existed!!!

I don't really have a bucket list. People don't always get the time to ponder and do what they'd like to do before they die, ya know? I can't be bothered with it. I'd just like to have lived, before I die; the rest, is my business.. I don't really know enough about what I want anyway, in those terms, and hopefully not, but, I may be that type that really only understands things in terms of hindsight...

I'm one of those.., maybe..

But, yeah, by all means, live it up. Some one better do it, heh.

The Kentucky Derby + Fancy Hat sounds awesome, though, heh. I'd be down.. Maybe i'd wear a striped flat cap and stride with a fancy cane..

Last edited:
I really wanted to see Michaela DePrince at the Dutch National Ballet, which is really close by, but things kept getting in the way and now she's left! That was the only thing left on my list.

I just want to suffer well and die well.

I hope I'll get the chance to delete my diary, ALL and browser history before I pop my clogs so that nobody finds out about all the whining 🤭

I don't really have a bucket list. People don't always get the time to ponder and do what they'd like to do before they die, ya know? I can't be bothered with it. I'd just like to have lived, before I die; the rest, is my business.. I don't really know enough about what I want anyway, in those terms, and hopefully not, but, I may be that type that really only understands things in terms of hindsight...

I'm one of those.., maybe..

But, yeah, by all means, live it up. Some one better do it, heh.

The Kentucky Derby + Fancy Hat sounds awesome, though, heh. I'd be down.. Maybe i'd wear a striped flat cap and stride with a fancy cane..
Very Dapper!

My "bucket" list used to be huge. I wanted to do too many things in life. A few years ago it was only to adopt a few dogs and cats and to buy a bicycle. Now only one thing - to exist and survive.
Animals are great! I have four pugs, one cat (leash trained), seven birds, five chickens, and a pond of turtles. They give my life purpose. I hope you reconsider and think about a pet.

You knowwww I was thinking about this, I want to see the world, thats my bucket list, and not let fear of the unknown stop me.

I am going to the Mahe Islands next year, honestly, I didn't even know it existed!!!
You go, girl!

Of we are doing pets on our bucket list, I'd dearly like this one back. HRH Maggie Chops. I've had many animals and many friends, she was the finest of them all. It's been 4 years since she passed, and I have never even begun to prosess the grief. And yes, all pets are special, each unique, loving, and devoted. But if we're ever possible, I'd dearly like this one back.

Attachments

• IMG_20201010_233734_443.jpg
    IMG_20201010_233734_443.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 6
Animals are great! I have four pugs, one cat (leash trained), seven birds, five chickens, and a pond of turtles. They give my life purpose. I hope you reconsider and think about a pet.

In 3-6 months time frame i'm going to end up in my car. I'm in a rental now. Can't have any animals. I don't have my own land so i can't have my own house with enough space for animals. I don't even have enough space for myself. When my bucket list now is to exist and survive, animals are no longer an option. Also if i adopt i'll never give them up. I don't even have anyone i can trust to take care of them if something happens to me.

In 3-6 months time frame i'm going to end up in my car. I'm in a rental now. Can't have any animals. I don't have my own land so i can't have my own house with enough space for animals. I don't even have enough space for myself. When my bucket list now is to exist and survive, animals are no longer an option. Also if i adopt i'll never give them up. I don't even have anyone i can trust to take care of them if something happens to me.
Oh, Your situation is unfortunate. Any chance of government assistance?

One of my first life goals was to visit the ruins of Pompeii in Italy. I did that pretty early in my life, so check that one off.

I'd like to visit Greenland, but so far no one has wanted to join me on that expedition and I'm not too thrilled to go alone. So that one may never happen.

Other places checked off my list: Wounded Knee, Ford's Theater, San Francisco's Ferry Building, Cape Canaveral, The Canadian Parliament and others I'm not remembering at the moment.

Places I'd like to visit: The Tower of London, Mexico City, The Forbidden City, Japan... ad infinitum

But as I settle into wanting more simplicity in my life, traveling no longer sounds as engaging as it used to. It's expensive, time consuming, often not restful and sometimes has a stress of its own. So though I'd like to visit all of those places, and many more, I think my life goal has become more and more to be at peace, or at least to try to maintain a decent state of contentment. To not want too much and to not do anything that knowingly harms others.

As I said elsewhere on this forum, I believe that how you live is more important than what you accomplish. I'm starting to become more concerned with how I live rather than with what I have, what I've done or how I "rank" in the world.

Oh, Your situation is unfortunate. Any chance of government assistance?

I don't get involved with this govt and it's my choice. My landlords are those with a reputation for greed and slum that follows them around the planet. Yes they have presence if FL as well. They own and control everything around here. It's just wrong to give my money to them and i will never rent again. I don't want any more neighbors.

Latest posts

Back