Can anyone else here honestly say that they don't have a single friend

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jafo said:
ladyforsaken said:
Jafo said:
ladyforsaken said:
Jafo said:
I don't have any friends and am content with it. They chose to abandon me after almost 20 years of friendship. Good riddance I say. A female friend of mine stopped talking to me for no reason after 8 years of friendship and gave no reason. I got back at her today by ruining her birthday for her. And I must say ot felt **** good. Yes, you may call me a horrible, hateful and maybe even downright evil. But you don't stop talking to someone for no reason. Karma is a *****. Sure, one day I'll get mine, but I've gotten it before in the past.

Maybe your behaviour towards people was what made her stop talking to you? If you are so hateful to others and want to hurt them so much.... why would anyone want to be around someone like that? Unless they have the same ideas and goals in mind.

Nope. I was nothing but kind to this person. She's the one who started it. I just finished it.

No, I meant your behaviour towards other people. Not to her. You can be kind to her but hateful and horrible to others... that might be the reason why she doesn't want to stick around.

She saw me be nice to other people. Jeez, get it through your heads people. She was the one who did something wrong first. Not me.

You're not always right, just saying. Sometimes when someone who has been your friend for that amount of time just stops talking suddenly, there usually is a reason. Either it has got something to do with you, or something to do with them/their lives. Why judge her so quickly? Did you even probe or ask her why she did what she did? If you did and she gave no response back, there must be reason. It may very well be due to her own personal reasons, you can't know for sure. It just seems like you're so quick to hate on people. Even with a friend you've known for such a long time. Doesn't someone like that deserve a bit more understanding? I'm sure you've been friends with her for that long for many good reasons.

I'm only asking because the way you behave or carry yourself around the forum suggests that you treat people disrespectfully and you always talk about how much you hate them and want to hurt them simply for revenge. If I have a friend who keeps behaving like this and someone who is vengeful, I will not feel very comfortable being around them too much. If they don't care to ease up, then I gotta do something for my own sake... and that means to end the interaction. A less harsher way of course is to let you know why they're ending the interaction, but I've learned that nowadays, people don't care to do that anymore.

ladyforsaken said:
Jafo said:
ladyforsaken said:
Jafo said:
ladyforsaken said:
Maybe your behaviour towards people was what made her stop talking to you? If you are so hateful to others and want to hurt them so much.... why would anyone want to be around someone like that? Unless they have the same ideas and goals in mind.

Nope. I was nothing but kind to this person. She's the one who started it. I just finished it.

No, I meant your behaviour towards other people. Not to her. You can be kind to her but hateful and horrible to others... that might be the reason why she doesn't want to stick around.

She saw me be nice to other people. Jeez, get it through your heads people. She was the one who did something wrong first. Not me.

You're not always right, just saying. Sometimes when someone who has been your friend for that amount of time just stops talking suddenly, there usually is a reason. Either it has got something to do with you, or something to do with them/their lives. Why judge her so quickly? Did you even probe or ask her why she did what she did? If you did and she gave no response back, there must be reason. It may very well be due to her own personal reasons, you can't know for sure. It just seems like you're so quick to hate on people. Even with a friend you've known for such a long time. Doesn't someone like that deserve a bit more understanding? I'm sure you've been friends with her for that long for many good reasons.

I'm only asking because the way you behave or carry yourself around the forum suggests that you treat people disrespectfully and you always talk about how much you hate them and want to hurt them simply for revenge. If I have a friend who keeps behaving like this and someone who is vengeful, I will not feel very comfortable being around them too much. If they don't care to ease up, then I gotta do something for my own sake... and that means to end the interaction. A less harsher way of course is to let you know why they're ending the interaction, but I've learned that nowadays, people don't care to do that anymore.

Oh my god, ok for the last time. Yes, I did ask her why she stopped talking to me and she never responded to my text or calls. The last time I ever saw her was over coffee and we had a good chat. So I don't know what the fresia I did or what the fresia was her problem. And I don't give a fresia anymore ok? It's been 9 months so she can go to hell for all I care. I know if I have a problem with someone I tell them. I don't act like a child and just stop talking to them. I treat people like honeysuckle because they are the ones who treat me like honeysuckle first. I have been a loyal and trusting friend to many and this is what I get in return? No ******* way. You just need to watch how you treat people, because in the end they could ruin your life with all the dirty little secrets you trust them with. End of story.

Yes, you do give a fresia, you talk about this all the time. If you really didn't, and really did move on, you wouldn't be so bitter about what you think people did to you.

More importantly, they don't ruin your life, you do. They aren't your life and they don't control you, if they do, you've let them, and that's never a good idea, no matter how kind or good a person is. Don't let this honeysuckle that happened to you be the end of you, you're hiding and shoving away your full potential that you do have. You can be so much greater than what you're letting yourself be now.

Rosebolt said:
Yes, you do give a fresia, you talk about this all the time. If you really didn't, and really did move on, you wouldn't be so bitter about what you think people did to you.

More importantly, they don't ruin your life, you do. They aren't your life and they don't control you, if they do, you've let them, and that's never a good idea, no matter how kind or good a person is. Don't let this honeysuckle that happened to you be the end of you, you're hiding and shoving away your full potential that you do have. You can be so much greater than what you're letting yourself be now.

Wrong again. People here think they know so much. And I am done caring because I accomplished what I needed to. Now I can go forward alone and will never bring anyone into my life again.

Jafo said:
I'll go on living my life, alone. How hard is that to understand?

How sad that is, to not just choose that life, but to hurt those who you once associated with and take pleasure in doing so. Some people desperately desire friends, but you had that and you chose to discard them completely.
Good luck in any case. Everyone deserves that much.

Jafo said:

I understand that part. I was asking what your new goals are in your life.

Aisha said:
Jafo said:

How sad that is, to not just choose that life, but to hurt those who you once associated with and take pleasure in doing so. Some people desperately desire friends, but you had that and you chose to discard them completely.

Bottom line is that I am someone not to be messed with. I have done everything for these people and this was how they repaid me. No way, I always make sure they know how much they hurt me and boy do they feel it in the end.

Aisha said:
Jafo said:

Bottom line is that I am someone not to be messed with.

Rosebolt said:
Jafo said:

I understand that part. I was asking what your new goals are in your life.

I'll just live day by day.

I too, don't have any 'real life' friends. For the past two years, I've been trying to connect online with other artists (on social media sites) for friendship and support.

I thought I had made a friend with one artist in particular after corresponding personally with her for a year following her boyfriend's death, and supporting her through a painful and difficult time. She was actively seeking out online support through her blog and often wrote to me privately, but I came to see that she was not interested enough about me to want to know much about me as a person. The last correspondence with her was brief and it was a follow up to when she told me that she was meeting lots of her online friends in real life. I told her that I have suffered social anxiety since a teenager and found it easier to talk to friends online until I really get to know them, then I am ok with them socially in person. I said that I hoped we might become friends. She never replied to me (my messages/online letters tended not to get a reply if I talked about myself). I didn't feel comfortable making any further attempt at communication. I recently unfollowed her on Twitter and she subsequently unfollowed me. This I see as a positive thing (in order to save any further embarassment), and I'm happy that I gave her my best support when she needed it.

It's hard when you don't have any friends, but I consider myself fortunate to have a husband so I'm not totally alone.

I have friends. Dear friends that I love very much, and I know they care for me. But having friends is far from being able to talk to anyone.

I would say my wife is my only friend. Tried to make a friend at work, which I sort of did for a while. But I don't ever call him to hang out unless my wife makes me. I'm ok with no friends. Starting to enjoy time alone. I never used to like time alone. Strange how that changed.

I have two friends but one is my ex-boyfriend so it is difficult.

And I used to not have a single friend, so yes, it is possible. I am not good at socializing or even making acquaintances I can hang out with or whatever. I mostly hang out with my brother.

I have people I hang out with, but to call most of them friend... I'm not sure.

I happen to think about this a lot recently. "A friend in need is a friend indeed" we hear that a lot. But I'm thinking it should be the opposite. It's not that, that "friend" will come to you when you're in trouble, but it's if you'd call them when you're in trouble?

For example, you're a woman, driving home late from work, it's dark and empty and then you have a flat tire, or run out of gas, or whatever reason that keeps you stuck in the middle of the night. Who would you call? Your father, brother, husband or even sister, cousin...sure, your families. What about friends? Can you think of a name?

It doesn't matter if they would really come to help you or not. Some people are extra nice and would get out of bed to help a coworker they only speak to occasionally. So the point here is your feelings. Do you feel it's inappropriate to ask for their help? Like "well we're friends but this's midnight, I don't want to bother them..." If you do then you haven't consider that person your friend yet.

Of course there are always people who try to take advantage of everyone they meet (which doesn't necessarily a bad thing). So this "test" only work if you aren't this type. I know I am not. And I can only come up with a name when I need help, yet I am not even sure that if something really happens, that name will show up in my mind again.

Nope, I have none. A rare friend I kind of have is an ex who will text or call me every few months just to remind me he's there & in between gfs. Basically "hey! I'm available to hook up" calls. I haven't seen him in 10+ months, so I don't know why he tries. But no, I have absolutely no one besides family...cousins who take advantage of my kindness more than my old friends did.

I have 0. I have a bf though and he's my only friend. It's prob why I stay even though I'm unhappy, I don't want to be that alone.

Kinda. All my real friends don't live in my state. I have acquaintances. But no real friends. I hardly have any human interaction every day. It kinda sucks sometimes. But I don't really mind being alone for the most part. It sucks more than usual due to my life situation.

I have my wife, and work colleagues. It's a very small company (5 of us) and I'm the only tech - so any attempt at humour (we geeks are a strange breed) is lost on everyone else.

I don't have a social life - and hence no friends. I'm an alcoholic (310 days sober yay) so the main social activity round my parts is out of the question. I'm hard of hearing, which makes conversation hard. Even though I love my wife very much, we don't have much in common (but neither do my parents, and they're still married after 40 years), so my feelings of loneliness are still there.

The other thing is I never feel I actually belong anywhere - even here. I don't feel connected to people a lot of the time.

lonelypanda said:
I have 0. I have a bf though and he's my only friend. It's prob why I stay even though I'm unhappy, I don't want to be that alone.

I'll be your friend on here! :)

As for me, i have a handful of friends but i never see them nor do i get to go out and do fun stuff. I don't drive but i'm 21 and can't go anywhere, i have zero social life but i've come to accept that i have less freedom as i get older. I'm 21 and i do even less than ever before. I just miss out on everything now. Everyone else gets to do fun things while i just go to school and work. This is why i'm never getting married. I missed out on way too stuff as a college student and there's no sign of that changing.

Latest posts

Back