Can something be wrong with me? Very depressed

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NervousDreya

Reaction score
I've lost all friends since high school and i'm having a hard time making new ones.
i have a good boyfriend and a good family but i'm dealing with severe loneliness and lately have been feeling like somethings missing.

when i invite coworkers to hang out they always ask to bring their own friends or ask if i'm bringing any friends and i feel embarrassed because i don't really have any. My brother always makes fun of me and embarrassses me because i make up stories to my boyfriend about going out with friends even though i don't have any because HE'S always going out with friends and i don't know what else to say.

i feel like i shouldn't CARE about not having friends because i have a good boyfriend, a good job, and am going to school.

but it's driving me crazy and i'm getting deeply depressed, i feel as though there is something obviously wrong with me and that is why i can't make friends.
I'm having trouble sleeping at night just because i'm wondering what i'll do after work Friday night THREE WEEKS AWAY!!!

All i think about every SINGLE DAY is who i can invite to hang out, where we can go, and what day we can go.
I have an intense fear of never making friends again and it's taking up my entire life.

i dont know what to do anymore.

maybe you can try to go out with your boyfriend and his friends and make new connections, or make friends with the coworkers?
i suck at making friends so i don't have much advice to give. :(

*hugs nervousdreya*

there is nothing wrong with you you're just human

in my last 2 years of highschool I didin't have any friends and it sucked, but i made it through and started focusing more hobbies, like drawing, playing the guitar, working out and riding my bike.

sunny's advice is great ask if you can hang out with your bf's sometime, you don't have to hide your lonlieness from him he's your boyfriend he's suppose to be there for you and help you when you fell like that, you can tell him what's going on and I'm sure he'll understand

and hanging out with friends is great, but that's not all there is, I spent many a great fridays taking naps, watching will and grace and playing the guitar and it was pretty good, the best thing about my senior year is i only had to take 5 classes so i got out an hour early so I'd get to go home and take a nap @ 2pm it was sweet,

ahh i did enjoy that,
but point being, this too shall pass, being lonely sucks but it is not your end, just be your self, be courageous and patient,

it's great that you ask co workers over that's a great idea

good lucky mattey (arg feeling piraty today)

:)

NervousDreya said:
I've lost all friends since high school and i'm having a hard time making new ones.
i have a good boyfriend and a good family but i'm dealing with severe loneliness and lately have been feeling like somethings missing.

when i invite coworkers to hang out they always ask to bring their own friends or ask if i'm bringing any friends and i feel embarrassed because i don't really have any. My brother always makes fun of me and embarrassses me because i make up stories to my boyfriend about going out with friends even though i don't have any because HE'S always going out with friends and i don't know what else to say.

i feel like i shouldn't CARE about not having friends because i have a good boyfriend, a good job, and am going to school.

but it's driving me crazy and i'm getting deeply depressed, i feel as though there is something obviously wrong with me and that is why i can't make friends.
I'm having trouble sleeping at night just because i'm wondering what i'll do after work Friday night THREE WEEKS AWAY!!!

All i think about every SINGLE DAY is who i can invite to hang out, where we can go, and what day we can go.
I have an intense fear of never making friends again and it's taking up my entire life.

i dont know what to do anymore.

Hi,
If you ask someone to do something with you and they want to bring their friends THAT'S GREAT!
I know it sort of feels creepy but it's a real easy way to meet people.
After all you already know the person you're asking and his/her friend may become your new friend. Or they may know somebody who will become your friend.

But most of all, if you have a good love interest, you're already rich.
I've been alone for longer than I'll ever admit. And I envy your situation.

Best of luck to you.

Yeah there's nothing wrong with you, Sunny and Evanescencefan91 are right. Talk to your boyfriend, you said he's a great guy he'll probably understand and help you.

Welcome to the forums.

Latest posts

Back