Can you remember the very first time you became aware of your consciousness?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Azariah

Reaction score
Can you remember the very first time you became aware of your consciousness? Why do I feel like that was the very first time the universe opened its eyes? Does anybody else feel the same way? And how do you explain this feeling?

I can't remember specifically, I'm a slow learner 🙂 I remember looking at some graffiti age 18 saying "I and I" and not getting it but knowing I should, that it meant something.
I remember sitting on a beach looking at the sea and my then bf explaining that everything is illusion which woke me up but still...
I think it's something I have to be reminded of every ten minutes or I'm gone again 😬
I'm probably talking more about awareness of an observer, of a higher self?

Perhaps on my first LSD trip, which I did before I did any other drugs, including smoking marijuana--even then, I experienced LSD first.

There is no short, or easy way to really explain it. And it took me many more years to correlate the full spectrum.

The mind is a Thinking Apparatus, only able to correlate the contents of its experiences based upon the input of the information it draws in. New information requires Information Processing, which is the slower part of the mind.

--In layman's terms, this means that evolutionarily, we've evolved to leap before we look, and that learning to look before we leap (the development of Critical Thinking) is a developmental process. Or to put it metaphorically: If your windshield is foggy, it's going to limit your visibility, your brain is the windshield, and life is the foggy drive experience. Critical Thinking, is your headlights and high beams.

Latest posts

Back