Cant do this anymore.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wish I never enrolled in this health care apprenticeship honestly 😪
Nursing associate or something else? At least you'll always have a good job after. I know it's hard but you'll manage. Fingers crossed.
Nurse. I work in A&E department it's rewarding but I struggle but I'm getting by.

Wow, I am so sorry to read that you feel the way you do but please don't give up, your life is so important to someone even though you may not or may never know it.

It is horrible when people pick away at our insecurities, more so when we do it to ourselves and especially when it's targeted and things we can't control easily. I've grown up with pretty bad scoliosis and while I have accepted it and just gone on with it, it is something that I am kind of insecure about but can do very little about to change the shape I am.

Personally I have to say that I am very glad that you enrolled on your health care apprenticeship. People like you do such an amazing job and without you I certainly would not be here today. When I last walked into an A&E my blood gases we so messed up that I shouldn't have been conscious, let alone able to walk and I would not of lasted the night without someone taking good care of me and working out what was going on. As I said, everyone is important to someone, even if we never find out who's life we have impacted on.

Oh, and your art work looks great!

Wow, I am so sorry to read that you feel the way you do but please don't give up, your life is so important to someone even though you may not or may never know it.

It is horrible when people pick away at our insecurities, more so when we do it to ourselves and especially when it's targeted and things we can't control easily. I've grown up with pretty bad scoliosis and while I have accepted it and just gone on with it, it is something that I am kind of insecure about but can do very little about to change the shape I am.

Personally I have to say that I am very glad that you enrolled on your health care apprenticeship. People like you do such an amazing job and without you I certainly would not be here today. When I last walked into an A&E my blood gases we so messed up that I shouldn't have been conscious, let alone able to walk and I would not of lasted the night without someone taking good care of me and working out what was going on. As I said, everyone is important to someone, even if we never find out who's life we have impacted on.

Oh, and your art work looks great!
I had scoliosis!!!! Had surgery but now 5 years later I'm able to walk x

I had scoliosis!!!! Had surgery but now 5 years later I'm able to walk x
I grow up with Scoliosis from about 2 years old, was in and out of plaster jackets and braces up to the age of 11, when I then had spinal fusion. The curve and twisting of my spine has had knock on effects, hense the issues I had with my blood gases mentioned.

I grow up with Scoliosis from about 2 years old, was in and out of plaster jackets and braces up to the age of 11, when I then had spinal fusion. The curve and twisting of my spine has had knock on effects, hense the issues I had with my blood gases mentioned.
Yeah I lost a lot of weight, was in hospital for 2 weeks absolutely horrible time of my life. Glad I can sort of stand up straight

Yeah I lost a lot of weight, was in hospital for 2 weeks absolutely horrible time of my life. Glad I can sort of stand up straight
Hi. I was just enjoying reading through this thread and realized just how wonderful some of the people are here. Not like I didn't already know it.

Roxiee, you are an awesome person. I liked you instantly as soon as I saw your drawings and the number one thing for me, is one of the first descriptions of yourself is how you love animals. That is my kind of person! And on top of it all, you are going into healthcare and you take care of others and that is one of the most important things in the world. Not everyone belongs in that occupation and I was reminded of that after spending several days in the hospital with a loved one, but I can't say enough good about the ones who are truly caring and I'm sure you are one of them.

You are fortunate that you have artistic ability. I can't even draw a stick people. And it's easier said than done, but just ignore people when they comment on your weight. There have been a couple of times in my life when I have actually weighed too much and a few times when I haven't wait enough and it even seems like the doctors pick on that. The last several years I have been a bit underweight, but I like myself this way. I try to get a lot of exercise and stay in shape and I feel good this way. I guess we just have to face the fact that there are rude people in the world that we need to ignore and stay away from and just hang out with the kind people. I'm so glad you're here.

I think I was in for about 2 weeks when I had my spinal surgery, we are talking over 30 years ago so my memory is a little hazy. I seem to recall going in on a Monday, having the op on a Wednesday, and being kicked out the hospital about a week later.

My biggest fear was having to be on a styker bed after the surgery (a bed which you are strapped too and in which you can be rotated to either be lying on your back or you front) but thankfully this wasn't required. I had a real dislike for high ceilings back then (and still do) and most hospital back then had high ceilings.

Glad to hear that you can sort of stand up straight - to use your words. :)

I think I was in for about 2 weeks when I had my spinal surgery, we are talking over 30 years ago so my memory is a little hazy. I seem to recall going in on a Monday, having the op on a Wednesday, and being kicked out the hospital about a week later.

My biggest fear was having to be on a styker bed after the surgery (a bed which you are strapped too and in which you can be rotated to either be lying on your back or you front) but thankfully this wasn't required. I had a real dislike for high ceilings back then (and still do) and most hospital back then had high ceilings.

I was cared for pretty well, I did have blood pressure issues so was giving bloods, but I'm still having problems only minor ones now but it was worth it because it was ruining my life so I had to have it done

I was cared for pretty well, I did have blood pressure issues so was giving bloods, but I'm still having problems only minor ones now but it was worth it because it was ruining my life so I had to have it done
Yeah, complications of surgery suck, and all surgery brings a risk of complications of some sort. I had surgery a while back to debulk some tissue from one of my arms. I had a big bleed the following day (I won't share as I might put you off your dinner or something but I can remember it vividly) and had to be rushed back into theater to be sorted out. They took care of me when I wasn't able to take care of myself, so I have a lot to be thankful for. Kind of takes me back to my original reply to you. :)

Yeah, complications of surgery suck, and all surgery brings a risk of complications of some sort. I had surgery a while back to debulk some tissue from one of my arms. I had a big bleed the following day (I won't share as I might put you off your dinner or something but I can remember it vividly) and had to be rushed back into theater to be sorted out. They took care of me when I wasn't able to take care of myself, so I have a lot to be thankful for. Kind of takes me back to my original reply to you. :)
Aww you're a fighter, love you lots my friend 💓

Oh! I find yet another person who doesn't have a good spine. I have cervical spine surgery and lumbar surgery, but thankfully both were a total success and I turned out fairly normal even after both surgeries. I have the first one about 25 years ago and the second one 18 or 19 years ago.

Latest posts

Back