Cat Person or Dog Person?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished said:
However, there are some very well trained dogs that are awesome. They behave almost like people. I have run into a few on the hiking trails. One of the owners was old and really slow. His dog decided to hang out with me on the trail and then met back up with his owner on the way back. It was like I was with another person. BTW, that dog never barked. It just sort of growl talked to me. I could totally deal with that.

I think people should train their dogs and invest in that decision more often. Here in Australia, most people have dogs, they are treating them like children. Many dogs are spoiled but usually friendly. Well, I can't really understand when someone put clothes on pets, feed them from the dining table, put them next to themselves in bed. For me, a great dog is a guard dog, like trained German Shepard, the smart one, the dog that is not eating everything it sees outside, not barking all night and knows what to do to protect. And you know, I want to strangle the owners when they don't pick up the honeysuckle after their dogs.

I am a animal lover to begin with and love both breeds--cats and dogs and I have had both and they do have very different personalities. I have had dogs all my life and also had two cats for 23 and 20 years for well tended they live a long life. Right now I am at a change in my life because I put my doggy down about a year of go because of sickness and her name was Abby and I still cry about her and miss her so I decided not to have any more pets because I really do not want not to know how they will be taken care of after I leave this life. I have no family...Each of these dogs and cats have a way of getting what they want through different types of actions but the dog to me seems to be more intelligent with it like for instance "bringing a leash to go out" for a walk...lol  love both..thanks priscella..

I love both, but I have a special kind of adoration for cats as I've been brought up with them and currently have three. I've never had a dog, but I've known several through family and friends. If you're a true animal lover you embrace all creatures.

Cats

We used to have ferrets. They were fun little creatures. I'd like to have an oscillot, but the reality is they're wild nature is too close to domesticate fairly. A savanna cat is the next best thing, but it can be difficult to find one that is willing to be a loving pet.

Yeah, cats, it's comforting to be in a down mood and have your cat cozy up on your lap. I've had ******* cats. They aren't all good buddies. In fact, I've never really had two cats that had the same personalities. I've had two cats that now decades after their demise I still miss them. So, yeah, cats, but not all cats. Like people, there are those that just irk me.

But I'm in favor of animals in general.

Finished said:
Think bigger!

I would love to have a tiger that would go through the neighborhood and eat all the dogs that keep barking.

Don't be silly. There are tiger leash laws.

I like them both but I'm more of a cat person because I'm too allergic to dogs to be able to have any. Plus I'm not very extroverted so in a way I'm a bit more like a cat, although, being lonely I'd probably prefer to be able to have a dog since they are more expressive about their bonds.

None of the above. I'm a bird person. I live with a Senegal parrot who knows about 20 words and phrases.

Cats look down on you, dogs look up to you. Pigs treat you as their equals.

Always a cat and horse person, stayed clear of dogs, so noisy and messy I thought they were. Then I got one by accident and don't know how I lived without him.

One of my cats adores him. They cuddle, wrestle like kids. He thinks he's a cat - stretches his paws on the scratching posts, hops up on the cat tree. Doesn't know how a dog is supposed to act, even in public.

So, I can't choose anymore.

1643780086308.png

1643780259983.png

Latest posts

Back