Cat Person or Dog Person?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have only my Puppy Waverly. She's weird.
I'm also (was) a:
Cat person
Axolotl person
Freshwater invertebrate person
Amphibian person
Reptile person
Tortoise person.

Attachments

• 20220222_110817.jpg
    20220222_110817.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 4
  • oj60g0.jpg
    oj60g0.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 3
  • -g348ie.jpg
    -g348ie.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 20210923_114424.jpg
    20210923_114424.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 4
Is the axolotl in the picture yours? Because it is beautiful. Never seen that color before.
Yes it was.
It's a wild colored animal that comes from a line of research animals that had been crossed with the gene for fluorescence from a jellyfish. Axolotls are all but extinct in the wild, but are plentiful in the pet trade as they are researched extensively because of their ability to regenerate limbs and the fact that they retain their larval state upon adulthood.

Cats all the way.

Efficient and majestic creatures very easy to look after.
Great and bold companions for loneliness (they, too, embrace a certain solitude) and great material for memes.

My cat Benito has my best friend for 7 years this summer. He has lived through everything by my side.

6d042dcf-2f45-4026-a596-058a6687f7f3.jpg

Cats all the way.

Efficient and majestic creatures very easy to look after.
Great and bold companions for loneliness (they, too, embrace a certain solitude) and great material for memes.

My cat Benito has my best friend for 7 years this summer. He has lived through everything by my side.

View attachment 4449
Cats are awesome!

My cat is such an arsehole, I left my bedroom window open for him while I went to the supermarket this morning and he decided it'd be a good idea to bring home a crow he'd half killed. My bed is covered in crow crap now and my wee arsehole is downstairs in the hall chucking up his guts. To top it all of I had to finish off the crow to put the poor thing out of it's misery. Cats can bloody suck!

My cat is such an arsehole, I left my bedroom window open for him while I went to the supermarket this morning and he decided it'd be a good idea to bring home a crow he'd half killed. My bed is covered in crow crap now and my wee arsehole is downstairs in the hall chucking up his guts. To top it all of I had to finish off the crow to put the poor thing out of it's misery. Cats can bloody suck!
I think he was gifting you that crow but ugh, what a mess. 😔
There was a stray cat that I use to feed who did an Ozzy Osbourne. He caught a small bat and bit off its head. When I saw all of that I was 😧😲🤢
They are cute and fuzzy but still killers.

I think he was gifting you that crow but ugh, what a mess. 😔
There was a stray cat that I use to feed who did an Ozzy Osbourne. He caught a small bat and bit off its head. When I saw all of that I was 😧😲🤢
They are cute and fuzzy but still killers.
Yeah my cat has a thing about decapitating birds and rodents, I often find headless bodies in the garden ... never find the heads though 😱

I love dogs. I had a cat once. He somehow, without any teeth, barely had open eyes, crossed a highway to end up I'm my yard. I dropper fed him, had to do the Q Tip thing so he could understand a litter box. He was vicious. Fighter, killed bats in the basement. Pissed only on my then gfs clothes. Fetched and did tricks. Three days before she ended it, 'accidentally' left the door open. I hope he lived. That was...2006. I now live with a geriatric cat, and he's probably on the way out, as is my dog. So, unless you're that hoarder cat lady type, each can give you happiness.

Dogs.
I got half a hairless Chinese Crested mixed with half a Maltese Terror doggy, he has to wear clothes cause he either gets cold or sun burnt because his torso is partly bald lol.
I also love birds esp cockatoos and parrots but i feel they belong esp here in Australia out in the wild with the freedom to do their thing. Black Cockatoos are esp special.
Love reptiles too, had a rescue bearded dragon for 15 years. I also love chickens and ducks.

8DDD4E98-DFE9-4F6E-9998-8F0224753ED3.jpeg

Last edited:
I like both animals but only want to have cats. My husband has a dog from before we met and honestly I don’t care for the way she smells and the endless shedding. We have 4 cats and ended up with another 2 after rescuing these siblings from outside…for a total of 6. It is definitely too many but I do enjoy them. I think once these babies have lived their lives I will just foster for a shelter.

Dogs just require so much patience. I wish I were a dog person but I think I'm not. However these are my golden retriever puppies 1 year old. Sometimes they're really awesome and some days I'm so stressed out and feel like a huge failure.
View attachment 4863
You've got your hands full. Ha! ha! Around my house about every other neighbor has a dog or two or three. Nearly all of them get puppies, play with them inside, then put them outside and ignore them once they become adult dogs. They spend zero time training them so the dogs typically bark all day long. The dogs want the same attention that they had when they were puppies. But, the people mostly ignore them and don't take them on walks. There are even two dog parks close by. But, the people are so lazy they won't take them there. So, the barking becomes a problem for everybody. Blaaaaa.

Dogs just require so much patience. I wish I were a dog person but I think I'm not. However these are my golden retriever puppies 1 year old. Sometimes they're really awesome and some days I'm so stressed out and feel like a huge failure.
View attachment 4863

Nice Goldens, they are my favorite breed of dog.

Just saw they're puppies too, that's a fun age! Enjoy it while it lasts.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back