Christmas Day.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colster

Reaction score
Tiz still Christmas day here in the UK. Coming upto 4pm, to be more specific. Other than a text from my mother, I have had zero human interaction with anyone. I doubt that it is likely to happen either, not unless I make an effort to.

However, I cannot decide whether I like this or not.

Today has been peaceful and slow. Much TV in the company of the dog. I have missed seeing children playing outside with their new toys and gifts. Yet, the peopley bit, erm... no! And then, in complete hypocrisy, why the fresia has nobody checked whether I'm alive, or at least the dog is.

Urgh!

Bugger it, Millennium hand and shrimp. I told em.

I have had similar feelings when I feel that no one cares that I exist. Over a year ago, I met with some friends and discovered all of the drama, deaths in the family and other vicissitudes they had encountered since I last saw them. Apparently, I had misconstrued how close we were and mistakenly thought they would at least reach out to me after experiencing such things. It was a very depressing realization. Not surprisingly, I haven't heard from those people I once considered "friends" in well over a year.

Though I'm lucky in many ways. I am married and will see family later today for the traditional gathering. I used to dread such things, but have grown to appreciate them with age. Still, a small part of me would rather stay at home and read, or post on forums, or play vintage video games. As you said, "I cannot decide whether I like this or not."

Anyway, please consider this a form of human interaction on Christmas day from a fellow human being. Virtual, grossly impersonal and non-fleshy as it is, it can still count for something. And, though I can't prove it, I swear I'm not a bot.

Just after 11am and we’ve had a huge dump of snow and more on the way. It is a true winter wonderland. Mama and her fawns have settled for a rest under our towering pine.

Wherever you are, however you celebrate (or don’t) on this day, I wish you happiness, love and laughter. “Keep smiling!” as my dear Dad always said. . . ❄️☃️😊

Attachments

• 3F1943D0-D6A4-4D5C-BE05-26E056AF3186.jpeg
    3F1943D0-D6A4-4D5C-BE05-26E056AF3186.jpeg
    55 KB · Views: 5
  • 64758F86-594E-4D01-917A-9281F54CD4DE.jpeg
    64758F86-594E-4D01-917A-9281F54CD4DE.jpeg
    141.1 KB · Views: 5
I have had similar feelings when I feel that no one cares that I exist. Over a year ago, I met with some friends and discovered all of the drama, deaths in the family and other vicissitudes they had encountered since I last saw them. Apparently, I had misconstrued how close we were and mistakenly thought they would at least reach out to me after experiencing such things. It was a very depressing realization. Not surprisingly, I haven't heard from those people I once considered "friends" in well over a year.

Though I'm lucky in many ways. I am married and will see family later today for the traditional gathering. I used to dread such things, but have grown to appreciate them with age. Still, a small part of me would rather stay at home and read, or post on forums, or play vintage video games. As you said, "I cannot decide whether I like this or not."

Anyway, please consider this a form of human interaction on Christmas day from a fellow human being. Virtual, grossly impersonal and non-fleshy as it is, it can still count for something. And, though I can't prove it, I swear I'm not a bot.
Cheers, and Bah humbug to you! 😉

I stayed in and did laundry/ironing. Read some books. Ate some delicious foodstuffs, fell asleep watching Meet Me In St Louis.
Watched Don't Look Up.
Watching tv now, I like Christmas tv, nice concerts.
My son messaged me before I messaged him so that's nice. My mother called yesterday. Husband's been gaming most the day.
Quiet Christmas, no drama 🕯️🌟

Latest posts

Back