christmas time

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

mich32

:)hi

just wondered if anyone on here is spending christmas without there family as i am only spending christmas with my best friend which is cool:) but sometimes think about seeing my family i choose not to though as i dont like big family gatherings and i have certain issues with my family as well so i probably will see them in the new year but sometimes i get fed up with tv programmes making it look like its all happy familys as its not realist i think. I havent got tons of friends either which is another way they seem to protray it.
What do other people think of this? How are you spending christmas time?

I'll be with my family unit in the morning, but I'm still a kid so I live with them. In the afternoon I'm thinking I'll try to duck out and go play guitar with my best friend. He might be working though, so I'll prolly end up alone for most of the day. But that's fine.

Lucky I would love to spend the holidays with some friends even for just a bit,

oh well sorry about your family issues we all have them

but merry Chirstmas

I'm spending christmas with my mum, dad and older sister. It'll be an alright day, same as every year I suppose. Spending it with family is overrated..... I think I'd rather spend part of the day with friends.

copperation said:
What's wrong with spending it with family?

oh, I meant my family.. not family in general. I probably should have said that, sorry!

I haven't even celebrated holidays over the last three years. However being with family is more or less forcing it. However I would rather spend it with my best friend, because honestly my family tends to make me feel bad even though I haven't been back for years. (not having a gf and never getting one seems to be the comment that bugs me a bit). It is my own honesty that has got me I should of just lied but I wouldn't be any happier with the lie but at least it wouldn't be anything that stings.

I am spending it with my mum, dad and my Nana is staying the day. I well end up alone at the end of the day tho. But that's ok.

Its new years eve that well be the heardest for me. Lessening to all them fireworks knowing that all them ppl nearly everyone on the planet is parting it up why I try to sleep to forget all about it in the hope that next year comes fast.

Blue Sky, try and remember the same thing as I am. It is only a little bit and everything well be back to normal.

Be strong man and don't give in to temptashon. Have your self a plan. Check if there is anything on TV are something. If not go get a DVD are something. HAerr I just gave myself something to do on new years eve.

ok ,,,i am making turkey,,ham,,mashed potatoes,,and meat pies,,,the turkey will be cooking all day:),,,and at midnight i will wake the kids up so they can open there presents:)

Merry Xmas and Happy New Year

this is me:) erm didnt know how to put a voice in there:( so hers me wishing you all a Marry Xmas and a happy New Year,,,may you find love health and happiness

Christmas is just another day to me. I have never been able to get into the "Christmas spirit".
Then again, there's a pretty small limit as to what one can enjoy with no sense of happiness. I spent a couple of Xmases quietly loathing the fortune of other people with their friends, families and fulfillment to celebrate a holiday over... but that line of thought got old and stale. It also left some nasty stains on my memory (which disinfectant isn't helping with).

Yes sir, Envy is yesterday's news. This year I'll be a bit more casual with my approach and fall back on the ever-so-reliable approach of Indifference. In fact, I might even go so far as to attempt to stop judging myself for a day.

Self-acceptance is the key to inner tranquility, yet when seemingly everyone you meet cannot accept you for who you are, that key becomes near impossible to find.

A bit of holiday cheer for you all. Merry ******* Christmas. :)

Latest posts

Back