Cochise Stronghold... my new spiritual home.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sidewinder

Reaction score
Greetings from Arizona! My first few choices of user name were already taken, so I'm going with my handle from the dirt bike forums... I've been known to get sideways in the dirt, though I also favor rice rocket action on scenic back roads and highways. Old school hand here, I've witnessed many changes in this country and this world, and many of 'em NOT for the better. I now understand why old-timers refer to past decades as "the good ol' days."  ;) 

I don't feel particularly lonely, I'm a bachelor living with three cats (and feeding two more), and the kittehs keep me entertained... but it's a sad reflection upon modern society that I should prefer the company of cats to that of most humans, lol. My only trouble right now is financial trouble: I lost a good job last year for all the wrong reasons, and I've been looking for a good job ever since, but the timing wasn't so hot with the fake political virus slowing things down.   :( 

Meh, at least I own my home free & clear, that's a huge plus, and I can always dig myself out of the financial hole created by this situation. But it p!sses me off that I have to do this... I try to keep things in perspective, and tell myself that others are in far worse shape, but that doesn't make it any easier. I remain optimistic on most days, and I get drunk on others (stress relief). Worst-case scenario, I flip this home and try my luck elsewhere, which would be a PITA but at least it's an option.  :cool:

When I say "elsewhere" I mean elsewhere in rural Arizona, the last bastion of freedom in this country regardless of propaganda associated with fraudulent election results. Open carry, no idiotic mask mandates, heaps of wilderness areas where one can still find personal freedom... not a bad place to live, and I say that as one who spent decades living on the beach in Coronado, that overcrowded & overrated seaside ghetto. Don't miss that dump one bit, especially the crime & corruption. What a sh!thole.   :( 

Here in Cochise County, I enjoy clean fresh air, minimal traffic, beautiful sunshine, virtually no crime... all the would-be perps know that even Grandma is strapped with a .44, and she "might just blow yer head clean off" as a form of redneck entertainment, lol. Works for me, I don't much like criminals. I was strolling down an aisle in our local WallyWorld one day, and I saw a good-looking gal... turned to get another glimpse as I walked past, and she had a 9mm thrust into the waistband of her jeans, lol. My kinda gal!   ;)  

Anyway, I'm gonna post some material at this site, if I don't get banned first, lol. What else can I say? I'm not into organized religion, but I do consider myself to be a spiritual person... I lean more toward the principles of Buddhism than any other religion or philosophy. In fact, over the decades I've drawn more comfort and peace from Buddhist principles & proverbs than any other source. I'll share one proverb which has really helped me during bad times, it covers a lot of ground so it has been quite useful to me. Maybe it'll help other site members...   :cool:

IF YOU ARE FILLED WITH DESIRE, YOUR SORROWS SWELL LIKE THE GRASS AFTER THE RAIN... BUT IF YOU SUBDUE DESIRE, YOUR SORROWS FALL FROM YOU LIKE DROPS OF

WATER FROM A LOTUS FLOWER.

Oh, yeah, here's a link to a spam-free site where I have a few pics posted... a montage of shots which serve as a record of my outdoor life, lol. I don't use this site anymore---got banned long ago---but they left my pics up because they're not the kind of photos one sees just anywhere. Heller cool truck camping shots, island voyage shots, even an old skateboarding shot from WAY back in the day, lol. That skate photo must be 40 years old, or damned near 40. Makes me wonder where the time went... meh, it'll all be the same in 100 years. Enjoy the pics, kind of like a whirlwind tour, two sets of photos on each page of that old thread. Just scroll through text between sets of pics, that way you can see the shots pronto... Cheers!!!  :cool:

Random outdoor adventure shots...

"Thank you... thank you very much!"    :cool:

That's my best Elvis impersonation---'The King' is gone but not forgotten.    :rolleyes:

And even though I don't eat much bacon anymore, ya gotta respect the man who could put away a pound of bacon a day, lol... ****.   ;)

Moi, I'll stick with raw foods, enzyme nutrition, fresh fruit smoothies & primo salads, 10-4?  Yardbird & steaks on the grill for substance...   :)

Welcome to the site! I'm in Arizona and over 50 too. I've explored nearly all of the Western states and done lots of climbing less the ropes. I preferred to rely on my own abilities. I'm more on the hiking and 4x4 side of things. I spent time in Coronado as well while in the military. Back then small night time fires on the beach with a cooler of beer was over looked and very much enjoyed. I spent many days riding my bicycle down the strand, up to San Diego, the zoo, the sub base, and then back to North Island. Now I stay the hell away from there. It sucks.

Yeah, I guess we are old now because we believe most things are worse nowadays. But, they really are. I have several threads talking just about that. IMO, the government is ruining this country. The politicians are determined to devalue the dollar so they can keep spending more and more money we don't have, which devalues the dollar even further. Then everybody's retirement and pensions won't be worth honeysuckle when we need them.

Post all you want. Just don't attack others or say crazy violent stuff and you should be fine. Oh, yeah, and don't ever try to take my guns away from me. ;-)

Thank you... had an interesting 45 minutes here, my cat Tiger managed to get some cholla cactus stuck to his face, and that stuff was difficult to remove with the cat fighting me every step of the way. I got most of it within 5 minutes, but one spine remained stuck and it was hard to regain the cat's trust. I FINALLY got a good hold on the spine and yanked it out, which didn't improve relations between me and the cat... but ya gotta remove the spines pronto, otherwise they work their way further into the flesh and cause greater problems.   :(

Oh, well, at least that task is done, the cat seems fine now so I'm pretty sure I removed all the spines. Poor Tiger, he's a wild one to begin with so it's hard to get a good grip on him to do this sort of thing. He even hissed at me and took a swipe or two with his paw... but I'll forgive him, lol. My cats are like my kids, so I cut 'em some slack in these situations. According to the Oriental Zodiac, I was born in 'The Year of the Tiger'---probably why I favor cats in my life. Meh, just another minor drama in the high desert, hopefully the last one today.   :rolleyes:

He's alright now, I gave him some extra catnip after his ordeal... I regularly put catnip down on the smooth concrete slab outside, all the cats love rolling around on that slab, lol. My home has two wide full-length metal awnings running down the east & west sides, with a concrete slab beneath each awning... very nice to have in southeastern Arizona, shade becomes a luxury once the weather heats up, ya know? And the kittehs like the concrete... they also have a favorite spot for rolling in the dirt, but that's farther out in the yard. We mostly hang out on the east side of my home, as it has the million-dollar view of the Dragoons & Cochise Stronghold, the west side just has the 60' carport and the terraced hill above, nothing spectacular. There's a view deck and BBQ area on the east side too, those come in handy if we happen to have visitors...  I like living on a terraced hill like this, it adds privacy and offers a panoramic view across the San Pedro Valley. I'm also on a dead-end street which runs uphill, so no thru traffic... much safer for the cats, and it keeps things quiet too, just the way I like 'em, lol.  :cool:

Did y'all miss me? Those of you who missed me, report to the nearest range for additional firearms training, lol. Meh, guess my ban has ended, the cats & I are still here enjoying our million-dollar view of the Stronghold. I'm looking after five cats now, three of mine and two who've started coming by every day to mack... I'm pretty sure they were abandoned by jerks who moved away. No worries, I have their backs, and they won't suffer while I'm here to take care of 'em. Meh, I'm off to watch some entertainment on the curved screen, I'm just taking it easy this weekend, I quit pulling that graveyard shift stoop labor, but I have an interview on Monday, so it's all good. Got a paycheck coming which should tide me over for a bit, I just had trouble adjusting to the graveyard shift, plus that heavy lifting down low was messing with a lingering foot injury. Couldn't sleep during the day because my foot was hurting... but no mas, I'm done with it, lol.

Latest posts

Back