college sucks

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

investor

Reaction score
I decided to go away for college to make friends but this year I havent made any friends. My classes are big lectures in physics and chem, and psychology. I talked to one girl online in my arabic class once and that was my only social interaction since August 22. Any suggestions on how to interact a little especially in these big science classes where everyone seems upset to be there? Im changing my major to accounting because the class size is small, but if next semester i dont make any friends, i think i might just jump off a cliff or something. Someone help me; i am going insane just sitting in my room studying all day for tests im going to fail (which is why im changing my major)

I feel the same thing here, classes are large and every class has different people so its hard to connect with others if you aren't that type. I remember though my first semester was much friendlier because the classes were small, you just need to find a group of people and hang on to them. You can also try clubs.

Speaking from experience it helps if your in a science class that has lab partners, because occasionally you will meet someone who you can talk to comfortably, it took me into 2nd year to find this, as for the big lectures, I'd recommend coming a couple of minutes early and sit next to someone who looks nice and then ask something like, "Hey did you study for the ________?". Maybe they'll say something like yeah it was hard and then you could say something like, "Yea, she/he always gives us too much to study each test, it sucks..." Etc, Ect. Good luck in accounting I liked accounting:D

NeverMore said:
Speaking from experience it helps if your in a science class that has lab partners, because occasionally you will meet someone who you can talk to comfortably, it took me into 2nd year to find this, as for the big lectures, I'd recommend coming a couple of minutes early and sit next to someone who looks nice and then ask something like, "Hey did you study for the ________?". Maybe they'll say something like yeah it was hard and then you could say something like, "Yea, she/he always gives us too much to study each test, it sucks..." Etc, Ect. Good luck in accounting I liked accounting:D

thanks for the advice

investor said:
Any suggestions on how to interact a little especially in these big science classes where everyone seems upset to be there?
upset just 2 b there... Lmao

Hey guys, I haven't post in a while. Sadly nothing seem to change, not even my anti-depressant pills.

I feel so worthless

Always work your strengths. If you work your strengths you'll sound more confident. I'm strong in Econ so I joined the Econ club in college and made friends that way. Also if you join a dance group you have to interact with people and it forces you to socialize. After college life REALLLLLLLY sucks. So take advantage of the fact that you're in a sheltered environment to take some BS classes.

Latest posts

Back