COMPUTER SUCCESS!!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Badjedidude

Reaction score
Actually, I couldn't decide where to put this thread. Should it go in "Express Yourself." as it is evidence of my artful magicks? Or should it go in the Tech area, as it pertains to computers!?

No, it shall reside in SUCCESS AND POSITIVITY!!! BECAUSE IT IS A SUCCESS THAT I AM POSITIVE ABOUT! OK, enough all caps.

Recently I had a slight problem with my computer (my little brother scraped a few capacitors off of my motherboard whilst "upgrading" it for me)... a problem which left me in the dark, somehow surviving day to day without online contact at my fingertips! Well... I did have my ipod, and I did have access to public computers... but... *ahem* that's not the point.

So I ordered a new motherboard from Ebay for about $30... and whammo! 2-3 days later, I recieved it! You should've seen my glory dance when the UPS guy brought the package to my door. I'm fairly certain that it resembled a pygmy headhunter mating dance, but oh well. He's a nice guy.

So at some point between receiving my motherboard and firing the new computer up, I decided to mod a new case for myself, something which I had never done before! I wasn't sure that the new 'board would fit in my old computer case, so I painstakingly designed and engineered (in like 2 min.) a new case...

And voila! About $50 later, here it is! (Goddamned plexiglass is expensive these days!)

Here is the case, resting calmly upon my magical clothes-washing apparatus. This is a view of the front. See the power button and USB ports? Yup. Rad.
acase1.jpg

Here's a view of the side. This new motherboard had a nice little RAM upgrade from my last computer. Sweeeeet.
acase4.jpg

Finally, here is the top/access opening. ****. I got too excited and cracked the plexi while drilling holes for the clasps. Oh well. I can take a short hop to the nearest Home Depot and shell out $10 ******* dollars for more plexiglass. *sigh* lol
acase5.jpg

So far it's working alright, but I'm worried about radio frequency interference. After I took the photos, I went ahead and put the hard drive in a caddy to protect it a bit more, as well as some grounded metallic panels. *shrug* So from here on, it's only a matter of adjusting my system to the new board and tweaking things to perfect it.

Woot. :D

P.S. You don't have to reply. I just wanted to show off.

P.P.S. I have a LED case fan and some LED string lights coming as future additions to make it shine. :D

^^^It's on the washer because I was putting it together in my back room and the washer was the nearest cleared surface. :p

And fresia no.

Looks like you had a fun time. :)

Good job, BJD! Though I'm pretty sure that's actually the dryer... :p

Spare said:
.... I'm pretty sure that's actually the dryer... :p

f_minusm_906c16a.gif

I think you are right.

Bjd--I've always thought you were adorable but to find out you're also a talented techie dude with vast creative potential...Well, it's just more than the world of mere mortals can take...:p Great Job and much luck with it! :)

Thanks for the responses, everyone!

Spare said:
.... I'm pretty sure that's actually the dryer...

ZOMG so it is. lol :p Clothing machinery FAIL for me.

Nina said:
Bjd--I've always thought you were adorable but to find out you're also a talented techie dude with vast creative potential...Well, it's just more than the world of mere mortals can take...

Haha thanks. :p *hug*

SWEET!! *tech high fives*

XD

that's a pretty awesome talent you have and * double high fives for pcs* WOOT!!!

dude creame I'll totally get a mac the day I'm either rich, or the day they don't cost 3 times as much as my laptop

:D

*Thinks about starting a thread with pictures and specs of people's computers*
*Refrains from doing so out of fear that it will further alienate the general populous*
*Has nerdgasm anyway*

Oh, and nice work BJD.

Awesome! And (to use a term that I just learned) I'm so lime green jello of you now :D I've always wanted to do a case mod, but never had the means to do one. Awesome!

Macs are overrated and have many issues like there are only 2 sizes and there over priced. I tried using my sisters mac and I couldn't get it! And I am usually very good at figuring things out especially computers. I have tried my sisters mac a few times, I made some mistakes with soe files and when I tried to correct them, I ended up deleting them!

I do like the iPhone/iPod OS, it's a lot better and most user friendly.

You should left me build you one for 395.

Latest posts

Back