Confused

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okiedokes

Reaction score
It seems like it's so easy to have such drastic swings in mood..even on a daily basis. I felt so great last night over a minor change I made that I thought maybe yesterday was just an off day and maybe I should just let it blow past me. I won't get into details but the bad day was one of my worst. There was a couple reasons for it but they still aren't remedied.. not fully. Right now I'm going through a lot so I am considering getting some help, but last night I was like oh... I am fine because I felt normal. Earlier that day I was not. :\ Small things really have this effect on me..good and bad. Cause I already have a lot going on. It's like "surface" problems on top of the ones already there make it too much at times.

Doesn't seem to take much sometimes does it? One moment you are doing great then something crappy happens and bubbles everything to the surface.

I've been like this recently, and I think it's because of something that happened (my little sister has developed some kind of schizophrenia-type thing). Because, you know, before it happened I didn't really get this so much. But, I mean, I'm not usually thinking about my sister, so it's one of those subconscious influences.

If you get this all the time, though, you might have some kind of bipolar disorder or something. Although I'm pretty confused about that; I think technically the disorder means you're supposed to have several months of depression and then several months of mania, but colloquially people use the term to describe daily mood swings like this. I don't know...

yes,...the snowball effects.
Current situations triggers simular feelings from the past.
Current situation rolls down hill as a small snowball....picking up more snow.
As the snowball gets bigger it split into 2 snowballs....Feelings from the past acts like a second snowball.

These are some tools and copping skills that was pasted on to me in recovery and therapy.
My emotions were all over the place when going through withdraws...

I have to learn how to RESPOND instead of reacting in my old ways or unheallthy behaviors.

This too shall pass. (our feelings will pass...the negatives...even the good ones too)
I can start my day over anytime I want.
Staying in the moment....my pains and suffernings comes from my past or future ( my head).
Suffering is simply reliving the same pains over and over again.
How do we relive it over and over again????. By thinking and talking about it over and over again.

Sometimes you just gatta let it go...the more we try to figure it out or psycho annolize it...it's just feeding the fire.
The sedona methdoe gose exstensiving into teaching you how to let go without figure it out.
I had ptsd...it was very benificial to me. I still use it often.
It's just some mp3 files with an instructor or a guide that walks me through the process of letting go.
The more i practice doing it...the eaier it gets for me...I simply let go throughpout my days as i catch myself trying to figure honeysuckle out.

Some people use..."let go and let god"
Even that too complicated for me...becuase i wanna figure out god and everything.:p
Just let go...it's like a release and releifs.

I also use the tapping methode...it helps me.

Sometimes I use the tension and relax techinque....Plus breathing.
Take a deep breath and tighten up all my muscels...a firm grip, my toes strectch....ect (hold for 3-5 sec).
Breathe out and relax all my muscel...
5 to 10 reps will usually get me in a mellow calm relax state.

vitimins B5 and B 12 also helps promote good moods.
Magnizism also helps lower anxieties....

Maybe your blood sugar level dropped???

I know when I dont eat right or healthy, my mood gets effected.

HALT...is also another recovery tool..
Dont get too HUNGERY, ANGER, LONELY or TIRED.
Most of the time...when I feel like honeysuckle. I didnt eat right to start off my day...
then I react for not being in a good mood or sometimes small things bothers me.
I was simply irrable becuase i didnt eat.

For the past couple of years Ive been proactively triggering my own positve good feelings.....
Feeling comes from within us....outside situations simply trigger feelings we have within us already.
So to wait for only good things to happen on the outside or for other people to act right...isnt the best way to go about life.
Im not my feelings...I have feelings.
I simply allow myself to feel good...Sometimes just having positive thoughts

That's a lot to think about Lonesome, I'll see what I can do.

My life changed dramastically a few months ago and for awhile I was doing ok, pretty good in fact because it was a change I made to try to improve things and well..I had no other choice it seemed. It was mutually agreed on. I guess trying to cover things doesn't help get rid of problems..it just buries them till they resurface at another time. So I let myself feel how I just am, and let others know how it is but not everyone is going to understand or people I don't want to know, I put up a fake front that makes me seem like a happier person just to get by (at times). All the past issues resurface when I feel bad, like you had said and I thought I had gotten over them but idk. To be fair though.. growing up I always put up a front but instead of faking it, I'd close up and not say much so no one knew who I was except family and close friends. It's frustrating at times and gets tiring. I am going to talk to someone about it because it's old. I'm tired of it.

I was fine it seemed for the first month or so which I find strange...but I did have more to do and other things to focus on. Was that just a cover for what was going on? I have heard it's good to be busy so you don't think too much, but isn't that just hiding the problem....

Thx! Hugs. I've never done it before.. as I've always felt it's good to stick it out as long as you can, but who knows..maybe it would have helped to do this sooner.

Today wasnt a very good day for me. Lots of low moods.
There's alot going on in my life too.
My finacee and I are trying. She's not feeling so good today to top it off.
It's been like...5 mins at a time or an hour at a time for the both of us.

Thats what Ive doing pretty much all day..letting go...letting go.
Dont figure it out.
She's trying her best too.

The sedona methode bsasically gets you to bring up some old feelings up to the surface.
You feel them then let them go.....over and over again.
The past is the past...I cant go back and change it...
However if Im carrying emotional baggages...I simply need to let go of them
Growning up I wasnt allow to express my feelingg...So I surpressed them.
it's like changing my thought behavior patterns.

Sometimes the those old feelings comes up so we can let go of them.
The more you let go..the more you'll heal.
Sometime people in recovery say to embrace your feelings.....this way we dont sholve them deep inside of us anymore.
At the sametime...we must get into changeing our habits so that we stop dwelling on them...

Bascially thats' what I do too...focus on happy positive thought.
When i feel bad...my feelings are just telling me it's time to refocus to positive.

Basically dont beat up yourself no matter what.
Screw guilt....let go of guilt too.

Some material , living tools or coping skills I use.

[youtube]w2sZpCWeHtU[/youtube]

[youtube]qOaebMHc0B8[/youtube]

[youtube]H51SFRo2huI[/youtube]

Latest posts

Back