Control Freaks

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AllAlone1

Reaction score
I wanted to start a new thread about a subject that I looked for but didn't come across on this forum. Hi I am AllAlone1 and I am a Control Freak, if I am not in control of most of the situations or circumstances or at least be able predict an outcome that I am comfortable with that involve me, my whole world crashes I get stressed my hair falls out and I get terrible headaches, this is particularly the case with my romantic relationships but not limited to(see my post about trust issues). I won't go some places and do some things that most people around me seem to go and do all the time because of my control issues. for example I don't like to be around large groups of people in open places especially if there is alcohol, drugs, or just people who you know just by looking at them like to start trouble there, which basically rules out just about any club or at least the ones I know of(which goes right back to the loneliness I sometimes feel even in large groups because I'm usually thinking about this too much to have "good time" my selective mutism plays apart in this also) because I don't know or can't predict how things might go or what people might do and speaking of strange people I don't like being around loud or boisterous strangers either their the worst you definitely never know what they might do. In analyzing all this and some other things regarding this matter I have been beginning to wonder am I what some refer to as anal retentive like for example when someone tells me to call them to call them back in 5 10 or even 30 min depending how important the person is on the other end to me I call back at exactly the time appointed as if it was timed. when I leave for work in the morning I have leave at 6:00 or 6:05 or 6:10 etc, but never 6:03 or 6:07 or something crazy like that, thats just madness the same is so when I am getting off from work. I don't like odd numbers. I often budget my money down to the last red cent and when doesn't go the way I budgeted theres pandemonium. Every painting, poster, or photo hung in any room I'm in has to be centered at least look as much as centered as possible. I have alot of personal theories that I thought alot of people felt the same way about but for some strange reason I'm the only one that seems to know about em and I fall apart when people don't abide by these theories(I'm still trying to get used to what my mate tells me all the time which is "everybody doesn't think like you" but it sure would be nice if they did though, the world would have a lot less problem if it did lol!). I could go on and on but I guess what I am trying to say everything has its place and as well people too as far as I'm concerned. I like order, complete order or at least order in the way that mind understands it anything outside of that and you will see me have a melt down like a nuclear power plant. So does any one else feel this way about any of these things.

I do meet people who are control freak who demands people to do it their ways.If people refuse to do their way,they become unhappy about it.I was a friend of one control freak who eventually fall out of the class though he was a really smart person.

It is good that you know that you are one or in the danger of becoming one.Very few people I know admitted they are one.(I do make some funny theories like I = C + E + S)

SilentThinker said:
It is good that you know that you are one or in the danger of becoming one.Very few people I know admitted they are one.

I guess its good to know, most psychologist say the first step to solving a problem is admitting you have a problem and I think people that don't have a problem with being honest with themselves like myself don't have problem admitting it! I am a control freak but I doubt very much that I can change that and having kids to me has made this worse because here are some little people that have to constantly be told what to do so this nutures the control freak in you if you are one, so its real easy to get carried away!

Little children are hard to control.

I do have a little nephew and I was trying my best to keep her at bay.I was teaching to play counterstrike and she argued with me that I used the gun wrongly.(She was pointing the gun at the sky!)

Everybody has a space that they do not want others to go over.When that line is broken,people will feel uncomfortable.Controlling needs to have a limit.Once the limit is broken,people may get frustrated with you.

LMAO...my ex-gf who is an alocholic accused me of being a control freak...Errr, that's coming from a drunk that dosn't take responsiblties
or accutabilies for any of her actions...Obviously our lives and relationship was like a fucken train wreck that went out of control.lol

But I'm not so hard head to not relized that's there is a gain of truth
to what she said.

Why ?
Here's why..
FEAR....
Fear of losing her
Fear of her dying
Fear of her killing someone else in a DWI
Fear of living alone without her.

I lived in constant fear of those things..so much so..I was constantly worring and stress.
I over reacted taking things to the extreme. Errrr, she was a phyco ***** to the extreme in her alcoholism :p
Living like that over period of years...I develope habits in order from me to survive or cope..I became sick.

I still have those habits today to a certain degree. I need to get well.

Maybe you can take an inventory in your life..not necessary living with an alcoholic but being expose to simular conditions.
Maybe from your childhood. Maybe you grew up walking on eggshells.

Some living tools...
Learn how to bend so you don't break.
Lower your expectations.
Let go
Use Guidelines in stead of Rules.

okay..i'm a recoverying perfectionest too:p

You can try al-anon...
straight up..step #1
I'M POWERLESS OVER PEOPLE, PLACE AND THINGS AND MY LIFE HAVE BECOME UNMANAGEABLE.

mmm... I just had a thought eailer tonight.

I remember when my daughter was a baby...
mmm...She even came into this world a little earily..not according to scehdule :p
Heck..She didn't even wanna enter this life head first like most babies...She was stuck side way and the doc. had to cut her out.
She used to wake up and cried whenever the heck she wanted to...never mind my work schedule or sleeping habits...lmao
I love her so much. I'm glad she wasn't a robot. lol

There's nothing wrong with keeping your own house in order and orginized. It makes for a healty and cleaner living envirnment,
but not to the piont of you stressing out over it.

yeah...I hated being a manager...managing people...holy mother of god.

Latest posts

Back