Cooking

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need to make a dessert for Easter. Any suggestions? I usually just make a carrot cake, but I'm thinking I might deviate from that.
I say stick with the carrot cake. That's my plan. Do you put pineapple and raisins in yours? Crumb coat and loaded with icing and goodies on top or fully iced cake with piped on cute little carrots and greenery?

I say stick with the carrot cake. That's my plan. Do you put pineapple and raisins in yours? Crumb coat and loaded with icing and goodies on top or fully iced cake with piped on cute little carrots and greenery?
Here's last year's. My kid helped decorate. Lol
ETA: Zombie bunny was too darn big.
zombie bunny.jpg

Last edited:
I need to make a dessert for Easter. Any suggestions? I usually just make a carrot cake, but I'm thinking I might deviate from that.
Cheesecake? A plain New York style with fruit is a favourite around here, but you could always jazz it up with a chocolate ganache or maybe some kind of liquor - Kahlua/Irish Cream, something like that.
I also second carrot cake, a favourite. Brown-butter icing is a MUST, I never make a carrot cake without it these days - adds such a rich, deep nutty flavour. I add raisins, pineapple and walnuts/pecans, I love raisins, my boys hate them; they love the nuts, I don’t like nuts, so I do all three so we’re at least sort of happy, haha.

Cheesecake? A plain New York style with fruit is a favourite around here, but you could always jazz it up with a chocolate ganache or maybe some kind of liquor - Kahlua/Irish Cream, something like that.

I also second carrot cake, a favourite. Brown-butter icing is a MUST, I never make a carrot cake without it these days - adds such a rich, deep nutty flavour. I add raisins, pineapple and walnuts/pecans, I love raisins, my boys hate them; they love the nuts, I don’t like nuts, so I do all three so we’re at least sort of happy, haha.

I made cheesecake for Christmas.

In America, we use cream cheese frosting for carrot cake. 😛
And you are the second person to say raisins and pineapple. That's just gross, no way in hell is that happening. lol

My kid requested chocolate cupcakes of some sort.

Pecan Pie!
The can't miss all American dessert!
There are only TWO people in my family who would eat pecan pie, so I don't bother with that.

My old lady's making a Kvæfjordkake, it's a Norwegian sponge cake and absolutely delicious.
Looks interesting. I might check into that for when I have more time to play around. Perhaps Thanksgiving.

I made cheesecake for Christmas.

In America, we use cream cheese frosting for carrot cake. 😛
And you are the second person to say raisins and pineapple. That's just gross, no way in hell is that happening. lol
In Canada, we use cream cheese frosting for carrot cake, but we add browned butter to it because our taste buds are superior to our American neighbours. . . :ROFLMAO: Your second remark about the raisins and pineapple just goes to further prove my point. :unsure::LOL:

In Canada, we use cream cheese frosting for carrot cake, but we add browned butter to it because our taste buds are superior to our American neighbours. . . :ROFLMAO: Your second remark about the raisins and pineapple just goes to further prove my point. :unsure::LOL:
Raisins are a WASTE of a perfectly good grape
Frying_Pan_On_Head.gif

If I am going to cook for someone else, I usually do a trial cook for myself first. To fine tune it and learn of any quirks of the cooking process. This has led me to some very interesting cooking choices such as rabbit (it's delicious and tastes like lean quail), goose, ostrich, bison, etc. Each of these are very delicious. I even have a rather hilarious story of cooking grade A wagyu beef. This is the most expensive beef in the world, being from a specific breed of cattle from Wagyu, Japan, where they were bread for a millennium on fresh local diet. At my local butcher, it cost maybe $250 per lb. I never tasted it before and only wanted to try it so I asked for $50 worth. It ended up being like a tiny, tiny piece maybe inch long and quarter inch think. About a bites worth. When I cooked it, the fat rendered out making it half that size. I tasted it and it vaporized leaving me knowing nothing of what it actually tasted like - the stupidest waste of $50 of my life. :ROFLMAO::LOL:

Attachments

• 5B7D583B-73D2-43FA-B816-19679EAEE272.JPG
    5B7D583B-73D2-43FA-B816-19679EAEE272.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4192.jpg
    IMG_4192.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6918(2).jpg
    IMG_6918(2).jpg
    365.2 KB · Views: 0
This batch of my cooking includes:
1. French toast with homemade blueberry spread.
2. Slow cooked lasagna (took four hours to make the sauce)
3. Goose drumstick
4. Deep dish pizza from scratch
5. Sesame chicken
6. Lobster risotto
7. Meringue
8. Fresh beer battered fish and chips with homemade tartar sauce. I claim it's fresh because I caught and cleaned the fish a few hours earlier.
9. Whole roasted goose

Attachments

• 1813D1C0-ADFD-4223-B000-9975440515C2.JPG
    1813D1C0-ADFD-4223-B000-9975440515C2.JPG
    757.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 60187155438__259EF1BE-44E5-4D1C-877C-76350B17FCAD.JPG
    60187155438__259EF1BE-44E5-4D1C-877C-76350B17FCAD.JPG
    811.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7864.jpg
    IMG_7864.jpg
    469 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7886.jpg
    IMG_7886.jpg
    566.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9025.jpg
    IMG_9025.jpg
    958.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 2E266771-7FE0-4345-858F-CC2F7D1811FF.JPG
    2E266771-7FE0-4345-858F-CC2F7D1811FF.JPG
    719.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 4A9E3DF5-BA7D-4B74-B2A6-31416606BBFB.JPG
    4A9E3DF5-BA7D-4B74-B2A6-31416606BBFB.JPG
    342.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5608.jpg
    IMG_5608.jpg
    533.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7279.jpg
    IMG_7279.jpg
    928 KB · Views: 0
Oh my word. I could eat everything here. :) I will get my napkin at the ready. :)

I make a mighty mean traditional steak & kidney pie, and cottage pie. I do though enjoy making cakes and bread.

I do cheat more these days regarding the bread as I bought a Russell Hobbs breadmaker a while ago, also make a lovely fruit loaf in it as well.

This batch of my cooking includes:
1. French toast with homemade blueberry spread.
2. Slow cooked lasagna (took four hours to make the sauce)
3. Goose drumstick
4. Deep dish pizza from scratch
5. Sesame chicken
6. Lobster risotto
7. Meringue
8. Fresh beer battered fish and chips with homemade tartar sauce. I claim it's fresh because I caught and cleaned the fish a few hours earlier.
9. Whole roasted goose
Honestly you could work in high luxury restaurants any day !!

your passion seems like a real joy, I'm happy that you enjoy it ^^ !

Cooking and getting fat is a delicate balance, a dance between indulgence and restraint. It's about savoring the flavors of life while also being mindful of our health. Today, I found myself in the kitchen, pondering this very dilemma. I had a craving for something hearty and comforting, something that would warm my soul on this chilly evening. My mind immediately went to pasta with ham and cheese, a dish that never fails to hit the spot.

I gathered the ingredients: pasta, ham, cheese, and a few other essentials. As I cooked, the aroma of the ham sizzling in the pan filled the air, making my mouth water. I couldn't help but sneak a few bites as I went along, the salty, savory flavor of the ham tantalizing my taste buds.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back