Court

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ndiniz

Reaction score
I had a health scare several weeks ago, and because of this, my brother and his girlfriend decided that staying at a group home for a while would be good. Furthermore, to add insult to injury, they’re taking me to court, because they want ‘legal guardianship’ of me. They both claim that they have ‘my best interests at heart’, and that ‘they’re on my side’, but I for one don’t believe that, not even for a hundred billionth of a second. all because of the health scare I had several weeks ago. My heart was beating faster than normal, I almost couldn’t breathe, and my blood sugars were too high. I honestly believe that my brother and his girlfriend want to screw me over. They don’t realize that they’re making a huge effing mistake. They don’t know what they’re getting into. They don’t seem to have the slightest idea that their ego, their self esteem, their feelings, and their reputation is at stake. It’s not only them who has all that at stake. I’m forced to put all that at stake as well. Pending the outcome of this hearing, I automatically intend to file an appeal. I fear that a lot is at stake. I fear the worst. I know that they’re looking out for me, but I can’t just take the supposed, proverbial ‘leap of faith’ and believe that things will work out in my favor in the end.

I'm so sorry you're going through this. A health scare is bad enough, but then a legal battle at the same time? Do you know why they feel this is their only option? Legal guardianship isn't the typical way people respond to a health crisis, not unless there's something else going on.
I get the conflicting emotions though.
Trusting in their good intentions would be incredibly difficult in this situation.

I hope everything works out for the best.

For both their sake as well as mine, I hope it works out. I don't trust that what they're doing is right, but it's their choice to do so.

Latest posts

Back