Crippling loneliness

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKnightinsourarmor

Reaction score
Hi, so I'm new here and new to forums in general. I don't know all the protocol so forgive any faux pas on my part. I've had a really tragic year filled with death and loss. My health is poor. On top of that my attempt to start dating again was a fiasco. I wasn't prepared for how horrible online dating is compared to the old days. I dunno, I'm not ok

Hello, welcome! Please know that there are many here who are understanding and supportive. I hope you stay a while and share and can feel more comfortable, and better... and better... and can truly gain strength one way or another. I've had a bad time of it lately too, and it helps a little to find others who can admit to not being perfect or feeling perfectly wonderful, and to reach out.
Oh, and the online dating... ugh.

Thanks for reaching out ya'll. Its much appreciated to know there are others with the empathy to reach out. Just seems like the last two years have left the world a much worse place in so many.ways beyond just the pandemic. That's why I decided to join. Being mildly on the spectrum and suffering from depression is difficult, especially here in Homestead. Meeting people and making friends down here is difficult, to say nothing of dating, especially when you're an introvert in your late 30s.

Thanks Sarah G. Yeah it's been a bad year. My mom passed, then my grandma. As if that wasn't enough two of my cats passed away and t hen I lost my job because my insides went haywire. It's been a really bad year. I tried to start dating again like my mother had told me she wanted so I could be happy. Hoo by that went badly. Like unmitigated disaster. I feel like no I no longer understand the world. Extremists have hijacked our parties and now everyone's vying to dominate and punisher, equality and egalitarianism
I just don't really know what to do. I fell like no one will ever love me again

Sorry to just g noo on whining like this. It just seems like the this lonly pain will never c=tree

Welcome to the forum. I am sorry that you have had such a difficult year.
Look around and make yourself at home.

Aknightinsourarmor, it took me a minute to figure out your clever name. Let me add my welcome to the site. You'll find a full array of opinions and views here, both good and bad, but encouragement and support is the norm, so feel free to share. You've raised two issues already that I'd like to comment on.

Most of us here are in need of more love and relationships, but I don't think that finding a mate or new friend satisfies the innate need we have in our hearts to know and love our Creator. Only a close relationship with God will allow you to make sense of your recent losses, give you strength and guidance to overcome the struggles, and offer you genuine hope for the future. If you've no faith, then I'd suggest that God is using these trials to get your attention. If you do have faith, then I'd suggest that he's using these trials to build your character into the stronger, better person he wants you to be - someone spiritually and emotionally strong enough to lead and support another, rather than dependant upon them for your own recovery.

As for the world's condition, I agree that it's messed up, but it's been worsening in America far longer than the past 2 years of the Covid era. In short, the political divisiveness is an effect of the changing culture, which is a direct result of the nation's secular trend. For 300 years we had a society based upon Christian beliefs and moral values, giving everyone (over 99%) a common bond and shared Biblical world view. That changed in the mid 20th century with a series of 16 Supreme Court decisions that rejected God from the public arena. It's no surprise that we now struggle with opposing values since our Founding Fathers insisted that the nation's success depended upon the Christian religion and moral virtue. There's a spiritual battle going on, and I suspect that America is destined to decline in order to fulfill end times' prophesy detailed in the Bible. That may sound distressing, but for those secure in Christ, it's just evidence of the hope we have for the glorious future awaiting us.

Latest posts

Back