Curious cat

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beingnobody

Reaction score
Who all eats brown rice? How often do you eat any rice? I keep ordering my brown rice for pickup at Walmart but they keep telling me it's "unavailable" but when I walk inside the store the shelf is full. My family only eats white sticky rice, with butter and granulated sugar. (Abomination ). So I was just curious how popular it is.

Thank you for responses

Last edited:
I don't eat much rice, to be honest. But that's more by chance than by design. I like rice, I don't have any problem with it.

Ever since they've offered it, I've chosen the brown rice at Chipotle. I heard it's healthier so I thought, why not?

Last edited:
I eat black rice 2 or 3 times a week, I like it's nutty flavour and it's packed full of antioxidants.

We eat rice fairly regularly - once or twice a week, I'd say. Usually basmati, but sometimes wild rice. I also make rice pudding from scratch, so I guess that counts too.

I used to eat white rice nearly every day. I really enjoyed it. I would throw some rice in the rice cooker, let it cook half way, and then toss in some kind of fish fillet or thin cut meat and some veggies. Then everything would be finished all together. Easy peasy. Mmmm. I've tried brown rice many times. But, every time it just tastes like dirty water to me. A few years back I gave up all rice though due to the carb-sugar thing. But, sugar with rice. No way.

We eat those sidekick rice things, I hate plain white rice it's gross. I like some flavour to my rice. Eat it about at least once or twice a week.

I've gone off rice but brown was always my preference. I haven't tried black rice. A couple of times a year I'll eat white rice from the Chinese because they only have white rice. I'm not a big fan of take away food though.

I keep looking at it thinking that I should pick up a bag and try it.
Also known as “forbidden rice” out of reach to masses at the time. Very tasty, chewy, it only resembles rice in appearance, not so much in taste.

Also known as “forbidden rice”....

Oh, okay. I have seen a mix with “forbidden rice” and the picture looked like a black rice mix to me.

Latest posts

Back