Dating sites.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I knew a guy like that. 🙄 I was like "this is the size u met me at; I'm not going to change that."

If one's gonna have surgery, they should get it because *they* want it, not because their SO wants it.
I would have told him to get a-bigger-dick-surgery..
penis pump? whatever.. i'd tell him he needs to get on that, asap

Is it just me or some dating sites just pure evil. I went looking at some today just out of interest, signed up without a profile picture but I was still suddenly hit with loads of messages within moments of sign up. Why? simple, they know that I am going to want to read them, they know that I am likely going to want to respond, but you of course can't do any of that until you hand over your credit card details.
They're fake accounts/bots designed to get you to do just that. Coffee Meets Bagel is probably the least obnoxious.

Last edited:
I agree with this. Never change to please another. Chances are it won't last because it is false. Better to stay you and be available to someone that accepts you as you. Honest and long lasting.
Yup!

Using a mainstream dating site is a very good way to find yourself hating the opposite sex. The only success I've ever had is with niche dating sites (that aren't the borderline scam sites the OP is describing), the major non-scam sites are loaded with the absolute dregs of human society and also people who don't reply to my (thoughtful, intelligent) messages— curse them.

While we're on the subject of dating sites does anyone have any particularly bad experiences meeting up with people?

I've had a few but the absolute pits was the time I met this girl... her very first words upon meeting were: "you're not six foot" (I am) and the entire rest of the time she was being rude and weird while I tried with every ounce of strength I had to make light-hearted conversation.

I find it very difficult to understand people like that— I hate the idea of hurting people and detest myself for any time I've accidentally done harm to a person let alone purposefully— so in some naive way I felt like there must be some good reason for the behaviour that I could allay by entertaining her when in hindsight I should have vacated as quickly as humanly possible. But I'm still confused to this day. You'd think I killed her dog or something! It's hard to explain the level of scorn this person had for me.

And honestly that caused me long-term harm, I no longer meet up with people like that because I expect that to happen again.

While we're on the subject of dating sites does anyone have any particularly bad experiences meeting up with people?

I've had a few but the absolute pits was the time I met this girl... her very first words upon meeting were: "you're not six foot" (I am) and the entire rest of the time she was being rude and weird while I tried with every ounce of strength I had to make light-hearted conversation.

I find it very difficult to understand people like that— I hate the idea of hurting people and detest myself for any time I've accidentally done harm to a person let alone purposefully— so in some naive way I felt like there must be some good reason for the behaviour that I could allay by entertaining her when in hindsight I should have vacated as quickly as humanly possible. But I'm still confused to this day. You'd think I killed her dog or something! It's hard to explain the level of scorn this person had for me.

And honestly that caused me long-term harm, I no longer meet up with people like that because I expect that to happen again.
From my experience, any site which advertizes itself nakedly as a dating app like Tinder will bound to become hook up central or is already. You go there to fresia sluts and then back home again, it's the most shallow pit to exist where people go primal on eachother. Top 20% of males and females only go there to have fun together for a night. You'll get judged for everything.

Any site which is disguised as "penpalling", "language learning" or whatever is it, are bound to have more people in it you can get a real connection to and aren't shallow.

Interpals is the best option to meet people. I've used both dating apps and those other services for multiple years.

From my experience, any site which advertizes itself nakedly as a dating app like Tinder will bound to become hook up central or is already. You go there to fresia sluts and then back home again, it's the most shallow pit to exist where people go primal on eachother. Top 20% of males and females only go there to have fun together for a night. You'll get judged for everything.

Any site which is disguised as "penpalling", "language learning" or whatever is it, are bound to have more people in it you can get a real connection to and aren't shallow.

Interpals is the best option to meet people. I've used both dating apps and those other services for multiple years.
I don't disagree with you about mainstream dating sites and apps... I think there's a big gap in why different genders use those sites. Many guys are just desperate for any kind of companionship or love, whereas girls have expectations that are unfulfilled by the people they normally meet and associate with. The desperate guys don't stand a chance so in reality it turns into a facilitation of hot guys and hot girls meeting to fresia each other.

I don't disagree with you about mainstream dating sites and apps... I think there's a big gap in why different genders use those sites. Many guys are just desperate for any kind of companionship or love, whereas girls have expectations that are unfulfilled by the people they normally meet and associate with. The desperate guys don't stand a chance so in reality it turns into a facilitation of hot guys and hot girls meeting to fresia each other.
I did an experiment once and pretended to be a girl on the internet and developed an entire character for her online for about an year. The amount of attention and simping from trains of sexless men I received was unreal it was an dose of gigantic ego boost. I received so many messages I started to become more picky, shallow and ghosted many people since it was just too much. The formula for "I deserve the best only since I seem to be valued this much". It's a free ticket to get a taste of the female life online.

I'm lucky as the average male to even get 1% of that attention from the opposite sex considering the unbalanced male to female ratio which is why I don't give a fresia neither want to continue with dating sites anymore, though you can achieve that same privilige by going to East Asia online where whites are valued more.

Last edited:
I did an experiment once and pretended to be a girl on the internet and developed an entire character for her online for about an year. The amount of attention and simping from trains of sexless men I received was unreal it was an dose of gigantic ego boost. I received so many messages I started to become more picky, shallow and ghosted many people since it was just too much. The formula for "I deserve the best only since I seem to be valued this much". It's a free ticket to get a taste of the female life online.

I'm lucky as the average male to even get 1% of that attention from the opposite sex considering the unbalanced male to female ratio which is why I don't give a fresia neither want to continue with dating sites anymore, though you can achieve that same privilige by going to East Asia online where whites are valued more.

Dopamine is healthy, yes, just like sugar is healthy, because the brain runs on glucose, but too much dopamine is unhealthy, and like too much sugar, can also be bad for a person's health.

The trouble with Ego Inflation, really, is that the person with the inflated ego, rather they realize it or not, is kind of walking around holding the rope that the rest of the world will hang them with. It happens all of the time, so much so that it's basically the subtext of historical figures and how they usually fall.

It feels good to feel good, which means that feeling good is addictive. And the problem with that, is that it's not realistic. And in either case of the masculine or the feminine, that can go very bad, very fast, and usually does. Because there is a very thin line between indulgence and addiction, cross that line and next thing you know you're swinging in the wind at the gallows.

That's how you get men and women alike who are both equally over-confident. A great number of actual deaths have resulted from over-confidence in humans. A wealthy racecar driver once attempted to jump the St. Lawrence River between America and Canada with a rocket-powered Lincoln Continental back in the 1970's. The ramp was a couple hundred feet high, likewise. However, not enough science was put into it, and the result is that both his body and the car underwent more than X4 G's of pressure. The car crumbled apart in the air beneath the gravitational difference with friction, hood tore off, doors flew open, and the emergency parachute deployed. While he wasn't too externally physically damaged, he was taken to the hospital anyway, where he later died of internal complications.

It's a free ticket to get a taste of the female life online.
Except it's not because you still only have a male perspective and go into it like a man.

Most of the guys that message women only want to fresia and dump them. They want nothing more than that and if they don't get it quickly, they are gone. Personally, I find it all annoying as fresia because I'd like to meet someone real, not just someone looking to have a one night stand.

It's easy to jump across and experiment. That doesn't mean you know what it's really like when you've lived it your entire life. That makes it different.

Last site I tried was plenty of fish. I put a lot of effort into it, A_LOT; but, the few matches I had, I wasn't really interested in.

I could have at least given one or two of them a shot; but, it felt quite, 'meh,' from the get-go, and that's probably not a great place to start from. I suppose I could have been more open minded in hindsight.

Dating websites do work wonders for the right type of people, in the right circumstances; but, I doubt I'm one of those people. For the type of people that find themselves at a website for lonely people, you are probably better off just focusing on maximizing your social encounters, and waiting for something organic to happen.

If you want to meet people and potential life partners, join clubs, groups, social outings, go back to college, work a diverse and varied job with a lot of social rotation, travel, learn to dance, do yoga, and try to balance your pessimism with some optimism; and it also helps to be confident, sociable, and charming.

Or, you can accept that life isn't fair; you can realize men and women are in many ways not equal, they are complimentary, and just be thankful for what you can, and do have, without letting the stings of life turn you into an angry depressed SOB.

A lot of women in this world are unpleasant to deal with. And so are a lot of men. Focus on improving yourself and work with what you have; it's far more useful to do so than to worry about what others have, that you never will have.

Don't envy the rich, don't envy the beautiful, the gifted, etc.. Poverty and suffering are always looming close by, and never far, from anyone, no matter how beautiful, charming, successful, powerful, high-status, and/or wealthy...

Death smiles upon us all equally. Smile back, play good music, dance, and smell the roses while u can.

---
Personally, I can't imagine giving any dating site a try at the moment. I'm not an eligible bachelour right now; it'd be a waste of my time and everyone elses. Too much work, not worth it. But, a lot of people would probably be quick to tell me, if you want something, you've got to work at it, and if you want something difficult to attain, you've got to work REALLY hard at it.

I'd rather play.

Last edited:
Best case scenario on most dating sites is that you meet someone real but they're a ******* fruit loop.
The only women who have their honeysuckle together on those sorts of sites are those looking for perfection and unfortunately for most men; they're not me.
(Kidding.)

Yeah I knew a guy like that. 🙄 I was like "this is the size u met me at; I'm not going to change that."

If one's gonna have surgery, they should get it because *they* want it, not because their SO wants it.
A long time ago (20 years or so) I was experimenting with dates at a dating site.
One of them didn't want to show her photo but she assured me she was quite pretty, she told me we could meet, but we wouldn't be able to French kiss unless I would bleach my teeth.
I told her that I read that this is harmful for the tooth enamel, and therefore I would not even consider it.
We did meet, she wasn't particularly pretty, my teeth didn't stop her from getting horny, she didn't mind the French kissing.
In the end the sex wasn't that great with her.
There was no second time.
Lessons learned:

* don't change anything that could cause bodily damage just to please a date.
* women, because they know they're a minority on those sites/apps can get quite demanding

Latest posts

Back