Deal Breakers

• Thread starter AmytheTemperamental
  • Start date
Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cruelty/rudeness, especially to service sector workers. If a guy refuses to tip or talks down to our server he's not getting date #2.

I wouldn't be interested in being with a woman that doesn't like animals. It's a big deal for me.

Does not allow me, a guy, to vent or otherwise open up about my feelings. 
Doesn't let me say "I don't know", "I'm afraid", especially "I'm afraid I can't do this", "I want to do better but I don't know how yet".
Insists that I act super confident and "tough" and all powerful, all knowing all the time. 
And if I fail to live up to this standard, writes me off as weak or a "whiner".

Willfully refuses to step out of their own experiences and views and understand someone else's perspective - usually so they can justify a smug sense of superiority.  Intentionally lacks empathy.  Clings to their narrative even as you try to explain that it isn't like that.  I've seen both the right AND the left do this, and it's a bad look no matter who does it.

i find it very ironic that the left, the so-called party of the little guy, the so-called anti-bullying party, is so into bullying and belittling those who are seen as "not having enough to offer" instead of trying to understand them.  "nice guys" is the same smug ******* attitude as the people talking about "avocado toast".  it's one thing that the right doesn't have empathy, that's to be expected.  but this same attitude from the left is really disappointing.

and the supposedly anti-capitalist party, has a VERY capitalistic view of attraction - you're only as valuable as you are valuable to others, instead of saying that everyone (who isn't intentionally harmful) is inherently valuable.

People who lack compassion or understanding or an ability to even attempt to see things from a perspective outside of their own, and act like this is a good thing.  People who smugly, egotistically think things are good because things have been good to them, and that's all that matters.  Instead of trying to see that not everything is easy for everyone just because it was easy for them, they would rather look for the rationale that says that because they made it, it must mean they were more hardworking, deserving, "special", or superior.  People who act in these ways and claim it is "logical" and that the opposite, you know, actually having a heart is "emotional".
People like that suck, and I can't stand them.   It's an absolute dealbreaker.

If they're sociopathic or narcissistic.
If they're cruel to someone without a valid reason.
Laughing at others for making a mistake.
Racist, homo/transphobic, misogynistic.
If they don't fight for the right thing, within reason. Like not standing up if someone is doing something wrong. I understand there are times when you can't.
Bad grammar, uses text language.
Not being supportive.
Believing something is a weakness, like crying.
Sexist.
Behaviour policing - getting after someone for being human, but not being toxic. Unfortunately, there are too many of these kind.

That pretty much covers it, I think.Thre maybe more, but I'm feeling groggy.

LOL! A sidenote about being a vegetarian, protien is a macronutrient that is extremely important to overall health especially as you begin to age and everything catches up with you.

I have a couple of friends that are thin (this is why they are vegetarians) but they have AGED like spoiled milk ... whereas I haven't aged much at all ..,but I do have a high protein diet.

They always go on about how much protein the is in X veggie to convince me and I look them in the eye and say 'Itś not enough'.

In truth, you simply cannot eat enough veggies etc in the day to give you an adequate amount of protein in your system without turning to protein from fish or animals. Not possible.

The modern human has only been on the planet for about 200,000 years. I wonder if we all would still be here if our ancestors were vegetarian? lol!

Any kind of insane jealousy or people who limit my freedom.
For the rest, I think I've tolerated even too much.

LOL! A sidenote about being a vegetarian, protien is a macronutrient that is extremely important to overall health especially as you begin to age and everything catches up with you.

I have a couple of friends that are thin (this is why they are vegetarians) but they have AGED like spoiled milk ... whereas I haven't aged much at all ..,but I do have a high protein diet.

They always go on about how much protein the is in X veggie to convince me and I look them in the eye and say 'Itś not enough'.

In truth, you simply cannot eat enough veggies etc in the day to give you an adequate amount of protein in your system without turning to protein from fish or animals. Not possible.

The modern human has only been on the planet for about 200,000 years. I wonder if we all would still be here if our ancestors were vegetarian? lol!

Not to get too far off topic, but I've become kind of interested in this sort of thing lately. I don't know the specifics, but I do know that when I eat protein, I feel much better than when I don't. When I don't eat protein, I never stay full for long, and I have a hard time concentrating or thinking clearly. I feel like I'm wilting, like I'm going to shrivel up and blow away.

I know the more a person exercises, the more protein they need. Currently I run every other day and walk every day, but I'd like to get into lifting, which means I'll need more protein.

How much protein would you say is enough? How many grams should a person aim for each day, to stave off aging?

How much protein do you eat per day, and what is your diet?

Just trying to get ideas for when I can create my own diet someday. I never learned how to eat correctly, all my life I've just eaten whatever. But I want to learn to eat right so I can have better physical and mental health.

Don't know if I've mentioned this before... but rudeness is one of them that just came to mind seeing this thread.

What are your deal breakers when it comes to relationships? What won't you tolerate? What have you tolerated, and regretted? Or perhaps what have you not tolerated, and regretted leaving?

I have tolerated a lot of stuff that I used to say I wouldn't. I used to say I wouldn't tolerate physical abuse..Went through a whirlwind period with an ex. Used to say I wouldn't tolerate cheating. But let that one slide, too. They are definite deal breakers now.

What are your deal breakers when it comes to relationships? What won't you tolerate? What have you tolerated, and regretted? Or perhaps what have you not tolerated, and regretted leaving?

I have tolerated a lot of stuff that I used to say I wouldn't. I used to say I wouldn't tolerate physical abuse..Went through a whirlwind period with an ex. Used to say I wouldn't tolerate cheating. But let that one slide, too. They are definite deal breakers now.
Smoking, tattoos, cursing

Latest posts

Back